5.0 out of 5 stars Peake out does himself again! More detailed with a non stop story line that keeps you reading!, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
I have read the marching with Caesar book series since book one and the series so far has been an amazing read. I have to admit the final campaign brought a tear to my eyes and I felt the struggle of what Titus had been through since the first days in the 10th legion.
The ending of Titus and using the writers personal experience to show the comradeship of the time has been a pleasure to read.
I thank you once again Peake for giving me a great series to read and not having to wait for one book a year and forget the story line.
Can't wait to read the next instalment.
Once again Peake your a legend in my book please please keep the series coming I would of been more than happy to pay slightly more for the kindle option!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign, 10 Mar 2014
CLCAULFIELD (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
brilliant. This finalises the life and career of Titus and I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. I have almost lived through this part of history and have fought all the battles alongside the legionnaires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marching with Caesar final campaign, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
The whole series of ' marching with Caesar' has been a fantastic read and this doesn't disappoint. It is well written, exciting and sad . I stayed up till 3am to finish it as I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The missing scroll, 3 Dec 2013
Neill Cowans (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
Again a great read keeping us on our toes and a great end to this saga.look out for the missing scroll.Will you notice it? Well done author but I'm sure it will bug the fans of Titus lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitting Finale, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
I have followed Titus Pullus from Mr Peake's first book - Conquest of Gaul - and have been delighted with the whole series. I deliberated at length as to whether or not to chance another American ex-marine author, having been seriously disappointed with a prior encounter involving an author of similar lineage. The efforts of that writer were abysmal, with atrocious modern gung-ho (American) military language, painful grammar, pathetic spelling and, clearly, no editing at all. I am so glad that I chose to give Mr Peake a chance!

The stories flow freely with much excitment on every page; the characters are very well described 'fleshed out' and completely believable. With each book, I found myself totally immersed in the adventures, trials and tribulations of Titus,his friends and enemies! Titus Pullus is a man much to be admired;low-born but with intelligence and honour far above that of his Patrician 'superiors'; So believable and common to this day, not only in the military, but life in general.

I do not intend to paraphrase the stories - I don't believe in 'spoilers' - suffice to say that this is a most enjoyable and believable series and I can recommend it to anyone who likes a good, well written yarn with very accurate historical content (except when the storyline requires, for example, a town or city to be moved a few miles!

Well done, sir and I hope you continue the series with the 'Next Generation'. I eagerly await the next volume.

Ian Noble

5.0 out of 5 stars The story continues, 10 July 2014
Very Enjoyable story that follows Titus towards his retirement

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The historical accuracy and attention to detail is excellent! As with his other books in this series, it leaves the reader feeling satisfied, yet yearning for the next instalment in the series! Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul's review, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
Well the end has come,what next! I am genuinely moved with the ending. I am going to miss the story of Titus. This series of books has kept me hooked for weeks, and hope Gaius will carry on the story!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic ending for Pulus, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
A must read.this is truly an ending that does the series proud,he would maybe not have wanted to go this way more likely with a sword in his hand......

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign (Kindle Edition)
Well, what can I say, it's the end of a long road. Great book from an author that clearly understands the military mind at the end of Service.

Well written, rounded narrative with characters of real depth. A simply great conclusion to a fantastic series.

Sad to see him go. Your watch is done, Titus Pullo, soldier of Rome!