Most helpful critical review
19 of 19 people found the following review helpful
Plain gel or S-line?
on 6 November 2014
I purchased the smokey black plain gel cover for my Moto G (2nd Gen), but I used the S-line before with my old Moto G. So I can compare the two. It depends on what you like...
Plain gel smokey black cover is:
- Thinner than the S-line, so adds minimum bulk to the size of the phone
- It's shinier and slightly translucent (the Motorola logo can be seen on the back)
- The sides are smooth, but the material is grippy enough, although not as good as the S-line
- The screen protector that came with it is far too smooth, so it's reflective and my figure glides too fast for the screen to catch up. I may purchase a different screen protector if this doesn't improve with use.
S-line cover is:
- Thicker, so it adds 2-3mm all round, but the phone feels more protected. I have previously dropped my phone from waist height 2-3 times onto hard flooring, and the phone had no damage whatsoever.
- Most of the back is matt and the sides have a grill pattern so it grips really well when you hold the phone.
They both fit my phones nice and snug. But I think 3-star for the plain gel, and 4-star for the s-line as the phone feels better protected as it gives better grip.