5.0 out of 5 stars They just hit top gear!
As previously said this album is a grower. Flux starts loud, stops and then builds to really showcase the fabulous vocals. This girl gets better and better and the band is so tight on this record. Play it LOUD in the car then come home and play it with a beer so u can listen to the quality.LOVE this band and this is their best record to date.
Published 13 months ago by Rik

3.0 out of 5 stars You've heard it all before
Hard Rock with female singer. Songs, style and melodies you've heard it all before with other similar bands of this genre. In case you expect something new or spectacular you will be disappointed. In general a normal output not bad made. Therefore 3 stars.
Published 14 months ago by Thomas Schäfer

5.0 out of 5 stars They just hit top gear!, 9 Nov 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Evolution rather than revolution, 5 Nov 2013
S. Bateman (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oceans Of Time (Audio CD)
Unlike the previous reviewer, this is pretty much what I personally wanted from the band. Strong song writing with hidden depths, even after only two listenings. Production seems particularly good, with a nice mix on the drums nicely - punching through even on my crap cheap car CD player, but not at the expense of the overall mix. My one disappointment is the male backing vocal are lower and more muffled on some songs than on previous albums, which I've always felt was an important part of Touchstone's sound. This is more than offset though by the lead vocalist. She really spreads her vocal wings on this album, proving to be a stronger singer than I've perhaps previously given her credit for. When the updated version of 'Solace' began, I had misgivings, as this is a song I've always liked in it's ballad format. However, the new version builds into a powerful rock version, which turns out to be equally as enjoyable, but in a different way. I've dropped the one star, only because as one previous reviewer mentioned - perhaps there's no one new stand out classic, though I might change my mind on this after further plays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it some Time, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Oceans Of Time (Audio CD)
I checked out this band after they toured with Romeo's Daughter and was so impressed I bought their previous material. For me this was the first new release and I was looking forward to it. On first listening there were none of the stand out tracks of previous CDs....but in time the album has come alive and has a hidden depth. Well worth the effort, in my opinion. Touchstone go from strength to strength!

5.0 out of 5 stars Contact....has been made, locked and ready., 21 Dec 2014
Seegar (Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oceans Of Time (Audio CD)
Not into prog rock which this band is described as...BUT this is superb. Horses for courses of course. I am a huge fan of Uriah Heep and classic rock generally if that gives you an idea where I came from with my ears. I now have all Touchstone albums and can hear development and change with each album but this is the one I heard first. Brilliant and varied drumming, interesting keyboards, bass that rocks, understated but completely fulfilling guitar work (not your stand at the front and widdle up and down the pentatonic scale) and a lady singer who adds to the mix wonderfully. The songwriting is strong and commendable. Some say this sounds like a lot of other bands, so I guess I should get out more cos I disagree but I am quite happy to stay in and listen to Touchstone. This is one of my most favourite albums and it keeps getting played continuously. That hasn't happened for about 30 years. Saw them live a week ago and they did not disappoint. (they also happily signed all me cds.) A very together band!

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved it, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Oceans Of Time (Audio CD)
i have been a touchstone fan for quite a long time and look forward to each new album and this one is no exception totally awesome a must buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Oceans Of Time (Audio CD)
I have been slightly disappointed with this album as it is certainly not as good as the previous two, which are both 5 star in my opinion, so I suppose it was always a big ask to maintain the high standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov 2014
Great album. buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars You've heard it all before, 23 Oct 2013
Thomas Schäfer (Reinheim) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Regular CD, the previous cds were better!, 5 Dec 2013
Carlos R. Galvez Barragan (México) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oceans Of Time (Audio CD)
This band has to be applied good to keep going alive, because in my opinion the album is only regular fair, renew or die, But I think you have to give some opportunity to the band for the next cd.

Oceans of Time