5.0 out of 5 stars A Wealth of Family Friendly Recipes, 14 Jun. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Irish Potato Cookbook (Paperback)
If you love potatoes you will love this book.
I bought the first edition of the "Irish Potato Cookbook" whilst on holiday in County Kerry two years ago. It is now a firm favourite.
Eveleen Coyle gives advice on buying and preparing different types of potatoes. She sets down her recipes in a clear and thoughtful way. These range from traditional dishes such as 'Bubble and Squeak' and 'Irish Stew' through to more exotic combinations such as 'Potatoes with Asparagus, Beans and Parmesan.'
As the mother of two small boys I am always on the look out for new and interesting recipes for family meals. The "Irish Potato Cookbook" contains many excellent ideas. There are no photographs but this does not put me off. All the recipes are clearly presented and most are straightforward. A particular favourite in our household is 'Sausage and Potato Pie,' a delicious combination of sausage meat, mash and cheese baked in the oven. The pie is quick and easy to make and my family wolf it down.
Although this cookbook is one of the smallest on my shelf it is probably the one I turn to most for good, simple family meals. It is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had fun trying the recipes in this book and have recommend ..., 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Irish Potato Cookbook (Paperback)
I had fun trying the recipes in this book and have recommend it to all who love potatoes..
A good buy.