Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

This is for me Jake Owen's best album to date. It is the mix of modern country with the bro country. It is upbeat and entertaining. What we Ain't got is a great song with a message played with simple accompaniment. For me it is the best song on the album. Other highlights include Days of Gold and Ghost Town but in truth, whilst everything might not be up the same standard, there is nothing to skip over and this is a good album. For those that like Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney.......it is modern country pop well worth a listen.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2013
I hadn't heard of Jake Owen before, but when this album popped up on my Amazon "recommended for you" and after checking him out on Youtube, I decided to take a chance and bought this album. I'm sure glad I did!

With "Days Of Gold", Jake Owen delivers a collection of 12 great country pop/rock tracks, eclectic enough to appeal to fans of many genres and one that makes you long for the summertime (it's December as I write this review) and heading for the beach with a cooler full of beer, this album on the CD-player and "Beachin' " blasting out of the speakers.

The opening song "Days Of Gold" instantly sets your feet to tapping, although the tune goes so fast it's a bit hard to keep up and sing along. This is followed by the fun "Beachin' ", a quirky reggae-ish song with a bit of country-rap, perfectly suited to Owen's Southern surfer personality.

Before you think this album is only filled with songs about partying, drinking and fun in the sun, he shows his other, more emotional side in songs like "Life Of The Party," a song about a break-up where he sings about "painting a smile on my face" and "I don't want them to know I'm all-alone" and the desperation-tinged "Drivin' All Night" as he sings "no way I'm stopping this Chevy, Red Bull's keepin' my lead foot heavy" wishing to "hold you for a day".

All 12 tracks are great, but my personal favorites on this album are the nostalgic song "1972", which creates the sort of eternal summer-vibe as in Bryan Adams' "Summer of `69" and has the same kind of hit-potential, the feel-good "One Little Kiss (Never Killed Anybody)" and the poignant piano ballad "What We Ain't Got" that really showcases his vocal capabilities.

So grab a "Tall Glass Of Something", sit back and listen to "Days of Gold", as this is one album you are going to want in your CD-collection!
on 28 January 2016
Some quality songs with meaning "what we ain't got". Check it out and play it over.
on 8 June 2015
Love this CD played it over and over again
on 15 November 2015
excellent , quick service, good album.
on 26 September 2014
Countrys hidden jem great voice
on 18 December 2013
This is Jake's 4th album and he keeps evolving as an artist. His last album was the brilliant 'Barefoot blue jean night' which sold well in America and has just gone Gold. This latest album has a very 'hard' sound for country, strong drums and lots of electric guitars, but the album is full of very catchy tunes.

The lead-off single was the title track 'Days of gold' which seemed an odd choice for me at first, it's not a very radio friendly type of country song, but it does grow on you. Much better choices of hits would be: 'Ghost Town' which I think is earmarked as the next single and a brilliant summer hit surely will come from 'Beachin'. '1972' is also a very strong song, but there really aren't any weak songs on the album. Hopefully more people will start taking notice of Jake Owen like they do with his much more successful friends: Luke Bryan & Eric church.
on 6 September 2014
Great album, great voice.
on 17 December 2013
I can't say anything negative about this album at all!! It's fun, it sounds like a masterpiece and I don't see it getting old for me any time soon! When I hear the track "Days of Gold", I visualize a farmer in a hardworking day out, chickens and pigs and cows sitting in the background, so very humble! And the second track really does the beach justice! As for the rest of the album, I don't want to get boring, so I'm gonna say; IT'S WORTH IT!
on 10 January 2014
Another great album from Jake Owen, and a little different from the previous ones, with some awesome songs! Ghost Town, Days of Gold, What we ain't got, Drivin all Night - nice songs!