5.0 out of 5 stars 12 Gold Bars., 26 Dec 2013
D. C. Stolk (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Days Of Gold (Audio CD)
I hadn't heard of Jake Owen before, but when this album popped up on my Amazon "recommended for you" and after checking him out on Youtube, I decided to take a chance and bought this album. I'm sure glad I did!

With "Days Of Gold", Jake Owen delivers a collection of 12 great country pop/rock tracks, eclectic enough to appeal to fans of many genres and one that makes you long for the summertime (it's December as I write this review) and heading for the beach with a cooler full of beer, this album on the CD-player and "Beachin' " blasting out of the speakers.

The opening song "Days Of Gold" instantly sets your feet to tapping, although the tune goes so fast it's a bit hard to keep up and sing along. This is followed by the fun "Beachin' ", a quirky reggae-ish song with a bit of country-rap, perfectly suited to Owen's Southern surfer personality.

Before you think this album is only filled with songs about partying, drinking and fun in the sun, he shows his other, more emotional side in songs like "Life Of The Party," a song about a break-up where he sings about "painting a smile on my face" and "I don't want them to know I'm all-alone" and the desperation-tinged "Drivin' All Night" as he sings "no way I'm stopping this Chevy, Red Bull's keepin' my lead foot heavy" wishing to "hold you for a day".

All 12 tracks are great, but my personal favorites on this album are the nostalgic song "1972", which creates the sort of eternal summer-vibe as in Bryan Adams' "Summer of `69" and has the same kind of hit-potential, the feel-good "One Little Kiss (Never Killed Anybody)" and the poignant piano ballad "What We Ain't Got" that really showcases his vocal capabilities.

So grab a "Tall Glass Of Something", sit back and listen to "Days of Gold", as this is one album you are going to want in your CD-collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars jake owen, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Days Of Gold (Audio CD)
good listen it grows on you the more you listen to it. I would recommend this to any one that likes jake owen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of Gold, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Days Of Gold (Audio CD)
Another great album from Jake Owen, and a little different from the previous ones, with some awesome songs! Ghost Town, Days of Gold, What we ain't got, Drivin all Night - nice songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jake keeps delivering!, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Days Of Gold (Audio CD)
This is Jake's 4th album and he keeps evolving as an artist. His last album was the brilliant 'Barefoot blue jean night' which sold well in America and has just gone Gold. This latest album has a very 'hard' sound for country, strong drums and lots of electric guitars, but the album is full of very catchy tunes.

The lead-off single was the title track 'Days of gold' which seemed an odd choice for me at first, it's not a very radio friendly type of country song, but it does grow on you. Much better choices of hits would be: 'Ghost Town' which I think is earmarked as the next single and a brilliant summer hit surely will come from 'Beachin'. '1972' is also a very strong song, but there really aren't any weak songs on the album. Hopefully more people will start taking notice of Jake Owen like they do with his much more successful friends: Luke Bryan & Eric church.

5.0 out of 5 stars Southern summer!, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Days Of Gold (Audio CD)
I can't say anything negative about this album at all!! It's fun, it sounds like a masterpiece and I don't see it getting old for me any time soon! When I hear the track "Days of Gold", I visualize a farmer in a hardworking day out, chickens and pigs and cows sitting in the background, so very humble! And the second track really does the beach justice! As for the rest of the album, I don't want to get boring, so I'm gonna say; IT'S WORTH IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Days Of Gold [+digital booklet] (MP3 Download)
Amazing album, any Jake Owen Fan will love it and it will gain him new fans too! A must buy for any country music fan

ARRAY(0xb280303c)