4.0 out of 5 stars 'A GREAT COLLECTION OF WELL-KNOWN LOVE SONGS' (Great Value)
'You'd think that people would have had enough of 'silly love songs' but I look
around me and see it isn't so
Some people wanna fill the world with 'silly love songs' and what's wrong with
that ? .....I'd like to know.
What is wrong with that indeed.....love makes the world go around.
I Guess it would be fair to say that. what I call my era in...
Published 7 months ago by rbmusicman

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
It is OK.
Published 1 month ago by Big Al

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 'A GREAT COLLECTION OF WELL-KNOWN LOVE SONGS' (Great Value), 9 Jan 2014
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
'You'd think that people would have had enough of 'silly love songs' but I look
around me and see it isn't so
Some people wanna fill the world with 'silly love songs' and what's wrong with
that ? .....I'd like to know.
What is wrong with that indeed.....love makes the world go around.
I Guess it would be fair to say that. what I call my era in music-terms really
kicked off with the birth of 'Rock'n'Roll' and the introduction to 'Pop' and back
then 'Skiffle'
'Crooners' were what my parents listened to back then, however because entertainment
wasn't what it is today, with my parents I used to listen to the radio and watch the
early variety shows on diuring the early years of 'TV' ....so you could say admit it
or not, many like myself will know the artists and their songs that mingled among
the emerging era of 'Rock and Pop'.....which is really where we begin with this 3-CD
compilation.
Of course, great love songs endure down the ages, I'm sure many of you like myself
associate songs with the 'ships' that have passed through during time-past.
This collection has many of the artists that mingled with the new-era combined with
many of the artists that many of us count as ''our-time'
I'll just highlight one or two numbers from each of the three discs to give a flavour
of what's on-board...on disc one...'Moon River' --'Andy Williams'...'It's All In The
Game' --'Tommy Edwards' (of course 'Cliff' had a hit with that one himself during the
60's)....'Bryan Hyland' --'Sealed with a Kiss'....'Cliff Richard' --'The Next Time'
(from the film 'Summer Holiday')...'Doris Day' --'Whatever Will be Will Be(Que Sera
Sera) of course 'Doris Day' was also well known for her movie-roles as well.......
'Elvis' --'Are You Lonesome Tonight'...and...'Peggy Lee' --'Fever'.......just a few
of the era-mix on board the first disc...on disc two...'Aretha Franklin' --'Try a little
Tenderness'...'Dean Martin' --'True Love'...'Etta James' --'I Just Want To Make Love To
You'...'The Marcels' --'Blue Moon'...'Matt Monro' --'Portrait of My Love'...'Nat King
Cole' --'Unforgettable'....and...'Sam Cooke' --'Cupid'....just a few examples of what's
on offer on disc two.........on disc three....'Elvis' --'Love Me Tender'(from the film
of the same name of course)...'Bobby Vinton' --'Roses are Red'...'Ella Fitzgerald' --
'They Can't Take That away From Me'...'Gene Pitney' --'Only Love Can Break a Heart'...
'Nat King Cole' --'When I Fall in Love'...'Perry Como' --'Magic Moments'...'Roy Orbison'
--'Love Hurts'...'Tony Bennett' --'I Left My Heart in San Francisco' ....again just
a couple of the many well known 'Love-Songs' on disc Three............I've highlighted
a cross section of some of the sounds to be enjoyed on each of the three discs,,,,,
there really is so much more on offer that I haven't included in my highlighted numbers.
it really is a 'Value-For-Money' collection from the second half of the fifties through
to the early sixties......well worth checking out, especially given the current price
of just '3.00........just a few word left to say......'LONG LIVE LOVE'
(Obviously the first couple of lines of my review are from the 'Paul McCartney and Wings'
hit 'Silly Love Songs')--

5.0 out of 5 stars ramaekers, 1 Mar 2014
I love this album, it has all the old favorites, takes me back quite a few years, and there is such a lot of music on this

5.0 out of 5 stars Too close, too close for comfort; PLEASE not again..., 3 April 2014
Hal Marshall "I Write Books!" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I Just Love Love Songs (Audio CD)
I can see how this little lot might very well all fit into the 'Love Song' category but, for me, they are simply 75 easy listening tracks, most of which are incredibly well-known and performed here by their original artists. They're only 'Love Songs' if you happen to be in that frame of mind when you listen to them. That being said, if you (or, far more dangerously, a companion) ARE romantically inclined... well, I should just look out if I were you. There's no warning on the box about not operating heavy machinery while listening to these tracks but, as far as driving is concerned, you really do have to watch yourself. Especially with a companion.

I won't deny, the exceptionally modest price of this product, plus the added bonus of the MP3 download as well, did influence my purchasing decision. Not that I am in any way mean (ie. I am) but it did strike me as a perfect opportunity to get three hours and twenty minutes' worth of quality easy listening tracks on my computer, while also procuring for myself an impressive looking box-set that I could, rather generously, present to someone later on as a gift of some description. That person was never supposed to be my ex-wife but, it did seem strangely appropriate. By which I mean, it was cheap and I had it readily to hand during our recent (and ruddy disastrous) romantic reconciliation.

It was she who decided it was a good idea to take this product with us to serve as background music on the drive to a weekend away together in the Cotswolds. I have to say, I could certainly see the wisdom in that. It was something to listen to that could not possible cause offence to anyone, and something that could be enjoyed at maximum volume so as to prevent us from engaging in any form of idle conversation with one another. I always seem to put my foot in things when I actually talk to her.

Before we'd even reached the end of my road, I realised just how dangerous this collection could conceivably be, given the presence of Andy Williams on each of the three discs. That man has an amazing effect on my former wife... something I had been hitherto reaping the benefits of, albeit in the comfort of my own home and with Andy's Very Best on repeat play. Having a woman taking her clothes off and then sitting on you while you're whizzing along at seventy in the outside lane of the M25 though is something else entirely. Oh, not that she did... but I suspect that was only because she didn't get the chance. No, because I fast-forwarded all those tracks. Well you would, wouldn't you.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

I was somewhat alarmed to discover that Johnny Mathis' voice had a similar effect on my companion to that of Andy Williams... 'You Do Something To Me' seemed to have a particular ability to float her boat, to the extent that I myself very nearly screeched to an emergency stop in the middle lane and abandoned ship.

When we reached our destination (I did my best to get us lost, believe me; I was terrified what might happen to me when I got hold of the keys to our room and found myself alone with her)... well, let's not go there. Suffice it to say, while these songs did not strike me as being especially 'romantic', they had clearly been having a considerable cumulative romantic effect on her. The only good thing about it was that she was desperate and in a hurry. Very much like me really, except that I was more 'desperate' in the inept and appalling sense.

And I STILL say these are not necessarily 'Love Songs'.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: I Just Love Love Songs (Audio CD)
could not believe cost me 3 with free next day delivery 3 cd's in all bought it for when mum and dad at ours house but already played it loads really good easy listening

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Great music

4.0 out of 5 stars Those were the days!, 6 July 2014
This review is from: I Just Love Love Songs (Audio CD)
Brought back many memories of my childhood and growing up. It has many of my favourites and those of my parents. If it's nostalgia you're after then this is the one for you. Definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 July 2014
It is OK.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure you'll love all of these!, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: I Just Love Love Songs (Audio CD)
Some good tracks, some bad tracks. Some ancient tracks, some dated tracks. some destined for Icloud tracks!!
Probably best when the In laws are around playing cards!!!
Though to be fair at that price cant really complain, only bought it for a couple of hard to find songs,

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 6 May 2014
This review is from: I Just Love Love Songs (Audio CD)
This is a very good cd and very reasonable it has all the tunes to suit me _ Good value Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection., 27 April 2014
This review is from: I Just Love Love Songs (Audio CD)
Brings back so many memories. This kind of music will never ever die out. Even my children remember most of them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I Just Love Love Songs
I Just Love Love Songs by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2014)