Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

Five songs co-written by Kelly for this album, a cover of the Imogen Heap song (Just for you) that I hadn't heard before by anybody, and ten covers of familiar songs that appear on plenty of Christmas albums. One of those standards (My favorite things) wasn't written as a Christmas song, but it has appeared on plenty of Christmas albums and I don't mind, because the lyrics make it appropriate for Christmas.

I didn't realize that there were two editions, but the deluxe edition appears to be standard in the UK, from where I bought my copy. It contains two songs not on the standard American edition - I'll be home for Christmas and O come o come Emmanuel. Both tracks are superbly performed in keeping with the rest of the album, but if the price differential between editions is significant, customers must make up their own mind as to whether the extra cost is worth it. If I'd been faced with the choice, I'd pay a little extra for these two tracks, but not too much.

The CD case came with a sticker proclaiming the first two tracks (Wrapped in red, Underneath the tree) as the new classics. That may be optimistic as I've heard plenty of fantastic original Christmas songs that haven't become classics, but if either of theses songs or Kelly's other originals here (Every Christmas, Winter Dreams (Brandon's Song), 4 Carats) become accepted as classics, it will be no more than Kelly deserves. I particularly like 4 carats, but they are all wonderful.

Of the standards, Ronnie Dunn (formerly of the country duo Brooks and Dunn) sings the male parts in Baby it's cold outside, and is fantastic in that role, while Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood join Kelly in a fine version of Silent night. These two have recorded their own Christmas albums, Trisha recorded Sweetest Gift, The, while Reba recorded Merry Christmas to You, which is a very traditional country album. and The Secret of Giving - A Christmas Collection, which is pop-country.

The cover of ust for you, mentioned earlier, features a portion of the traditional Carol of the bells. Carol of the bells in its entirety might have been interesting for Kelly, Reba and Trisha to sing together, but I'm very happy with this album as it is.

Another thing the sticker on the front said is that this is Kelly's first Christmas album. Let's hope it's not the last. I'd love to buy the second whenever it appears.
on 30 August 2014
I've never been a fan of talent shows such as x factor, but found myself enjoying "underneath the tree" last christmas, and bought the album on the strength of that. Wow! can this girl sing!! vocal range, power, resonance, beautiful light and shade, and that wonderful gift of how to deliver a song and embrace an arrangement. Frankly, x factor or no, Kelly would have made it anyway! i particularly like " just for now" ..a touch of christmas melancholy, and the haunting " oh come emmanuel " but there are no poor tracks or fillers here, this album's a real gem, which i have been enjoying in august !! whoops!! there is an agreeable mixture of traditional and new songs, some of which you can get away with listening to away from christmas ( Or be like me and don't worry about it!! )
i have now downloaded a couple of her other albums ...for whatever it's worth Kelly, you have a new fan!
Since winning American Idol in 2002 Kelly Clarkson has enjoyed a remarkably successful career. Her first five studio albums have notched up 10 RIAA certified platinum discs, while two of those have topped the US charts and three have hit the charts at number two.

Now, with her first Christmas album, Kelly shows how she has the voice, the confidence and the interpretive skills to cover a range of styles from the bluesy jazz sound of "Please Come Home For Christmas" to the rocking, country inflected sound of "Run Run Rudolph" and the pure pop of "Winter Dreams".

"Underneath The Tree" is replete with the sound of a Phil Spector production and "Blue Christmas", with a lovely piano led arrangement, is a perfect reflection upon loneliness but never sounding maudlin as so many versions have done. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" with a gorgeous piano and trumpet arrangement and a wonderful performance by Kelly is one of the finest versions of this Christmas favourite that I've heard.

She is as capable of gently delivering slow and wistful songs like "White Christmas" and "Just For Now" as she is belting out the big numbers simply because she has established herself as one of the most versatile performers around. There is a delightful version of "Silent Night". with country divas Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood, where the range and quality of Kelly's voice and the vocal arrangements are pure heaven.

From the joy filled opening track "Wrapped In Red" to the closing song ""Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel" this is a collection where the individual parts of voice, arrangements, musicians and songs have come together to create the perfect Christmas album. It does not disappoint.
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2014
This is my favourite Christmas album of recent years. Kelly Clarkson has such an amazing and powerful voice. This album is a mix of classics which we've all heard before but which have been given the Kelly Clarkson treatment, as well as some new tracks which I think I actually prefer. Some Christmas albums can be a little too religious or too sombre, this is one isn't like that, for me it really captures the warmth of Christmas
on 6 December 2013
This is a fantastic Christmas album, definitely up there with Mariah Carey's original Merry Christmas album.

Personal highlights, 'Wrapped in Red' is Kelly at her best vocally, so much soul. 'Underneath The Tree' is the 'All I want For Christmas Is You' of the recent times, it's catchy, upbeat and gets your excited for Christmas!

The classics such as 'I'll Be Home for Christmas', ''White Christmas' 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' and 'Please Come home For Christmas' are just so smooth and fitting.

A must own album for the festive season.
on 30 November 2014
The classic cover versions are handled really well. There are at least 3 of the new songs which i think will become classics over the years. This is a breath of fresh air xmas album from a very fine singer. Happy Holidays.
on 7 December 2013
I`ve just been looking at this product on Amazon and I am shocked it only has 5 reviews...WHY?
This album is the best Christmas album ever... for a fan of Kelly or not.
Her voice is amazing and has an amazing mix of slow,sad,happy and Pop like songs on it

This album is well better than Susan Boyles or Leona Lewis`s Christmas album!

BUY IT!!!!!
on 26 November 2014
This disc features a collection of old and new Christmas songs, the latter having been co-written by Kelly. This is no traditional Christmas album - I have several in my collection and this is the only one to feature Rock music prominently. As a result, this is my favourite Christmas album!

Three of the songs that Kelly co-wrote - Wrapped In Red, Under The Tree, and 4 Carats - are highlights, as are Run Run Rudolph and My Favourite Things (the latter of which I have never before known to be on a Christmas album).

My only complaint is that my version contained only 14 songs - I had to buy the remaining two songs as downloads. Is it too much to ask that I can buy a whole album on CD? I am tempted to deduct a star because of this, but the currently-available version contains all 16 tracks and is therefore worthy of five stars.
on 22 January 2016
Love Kelly Clarkson and this is a real festive treat. Some classics and some more unusual songs, but all easy to listen to and very well sung, as always. A nice alternative to the more traditional christmas music we've all got in our collections. Recommended - a 5***** cd that you'll listen to year after year after year.
on 24 March 2014
Absolutely essential listening for the festive season, with Kelly in her best form, with some well-produced songs. "Underneath the tree" is one of the best tracks, and shows how versatile Kelly can be, and for me, this was one of the best Christmas songs I've heard in many years, and given a first class performance!
There are no bad tracks on this CD, and it will figure as a regular Christmas CD in my listening collection in future, and I would recommend it, and if you are a Kelly Clarkson fan, it is an album which you must definitely have. It's good to have traditional Christmas songs at Christmas, but Kelly's album is already a classic for me, and I expect this will become essential listening in years to come. Well done, Kelly!