5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
If you are in a 4g area or constantly travel to 4g areas, then arm yourself with one of these. Stonkingly fast up and down speeds. Battery life could be better, but easily lasts a day, and you only hve to remeber to charge it over night and it is ready for the next days use.

I give it five stars, as setup is easy, and performance is blindingly quick...
Published 9 months ago by Stevecol56

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't work with O2 or Giffgaff 4G sim.
Published 1 month ago by S. Haskins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 May 2014
This review is from: NETGEAR AC762S-100EUS AC762S AirCard 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - Works with all European Mobile Networks (Personal Computers)

I give it five stars, as setup is easy, and performance is blindingly quick.

RECOMMENDED

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 17 May 2014
works brilliantly with my Three mobile internet SIM, lots of settings to cover all eventualities.
I live in the country where landline broadband is the pits but three mobile internet have a mast nearby so can get DC HSPA speeds with this device indoors, use it connected to mains power all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Device, 2 Feb. 2014
Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Right out of the box this looks like a quality product and it's use does not change my view of it's quality. The size is excellent making this extremely portable and hand to slip in a pocket, handbag or briefcase. It charges fairly quickly and is soon ready to use. Setup was a breeze with various iPads connecting in seconds. The longest part of the process was finding a sim card to put into the device.

Despite being in a low signal area the hotspot performed well and I found it tended to boost the signal. It took several devices in it's stride and internet access did not slow appreciably. This will be a great device to keep the kids internet enabled whilst on long train journeys or car journeys. It could also be used if holding meetings in areas with limited WiFi access or if on holiday in a property with no Broadband.

Like other users I found the battery did drain fairly quickly but not to the extent that it was a problem. I do not find this to be a real problem as most electronic devices these days perform in a similar manner. My one concern, and net gear cannot do anything about this, is how much data would be required in order to run multiple devices through the one sim card. This si something to think about when looking at the costs for this device.

Overall this is a great piece of kit which will come in very useful in a lot of ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars NetGear AC762S AirCard 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot, 18 Jan. 2015
Lifeseeker (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I have often mused on purchasing a "mobile hotspot" in the past, but resisted. In sad circumstances, we were visiting my (now) late mother-in-law, and were without broadband or secure wifi (I do not count public wifi in coffee shops as "secure"...). I was, almost, forced to consider this item and decided I should. Equally, I rationalised that I could use to for work on visits to hospitals, where we are not allowed access to their wifi network.

It is just great. Logging on to the device is child's play and my iPad and MBP "remember" the settings like any and all my other wifi passcodes. It is 4G, when available (steps down to 3G if that is the available band...) and, for checking email, websites, mapping etc. it is excellent. I bought it with the EE 4G 3month card and is grand. I plan to let my daughter use it if she goes camping, as a back-up communication system, too. Overall I am happy with the purchase and performance. Would I recommend this item? Definitely, yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget with good performance and options to expand., 17 Aug. 2014
Well, this is a little gem and no mistake. On EE it gives astonishing results on 4G and the display is very handy as well. Battery life is good and the ability to share up to 10 users on WiFi is also very good. WiFi performance as an access point is OK but this is really all about sharing 4G, not replacing your home WiFi and the fact remains that if you want to shunt large amounts of data between your home PCs and your NAS etc you wouldn't want this to be your network.
Note that if you can find it there is allegedly a docking station for this that adds 4 x wired ethernet ports and increases the number of WiFi connections to 16 with two big wifi antenna. PLUS an additional connection over USB so that you could run up to 21 devices. But no-one seems to stock the docking station sadly. Maybe one to chase up directly with NetGear if that sounds like something you would need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, 12 Sept. 2014
Neat little item. Although I already had another type of portable wireless, this one had the added advantage of being able to display the amount of data usage, which when you are using a data sim is useful to know how much you are using of your monthly allowance. The downside is that the battery life is not as good and it tends to get a little warm in use, but it does work well and is easily configured.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't work with O2 or Giffgaff 4G sim., 12 Jan. 2015
S. Haskins - See all my reviews
I couldn't get this to work with either of the SIMs I have. Both sims caused it to search for a network and then show "connection error 33". Further investigation revealed this error means "Service Option not subscribed", so I'm still none the wiser. I managed to access the web interface and the device is picking up the correct APN settings for each card, but refuses to connect.

It was when using the web interface I noticed the model number. The box says it's an AirCard 762S, however the web interface says it an AirCard 39A5 although I can't find any information on an AirCard 39A5. I've requested a replacement in the hope the wrong device was put in the box, but I suspect the replacement will have the same problem.

I'm interested to know if anyone has used this with an O2 4G mobile broadband sim, or a Giffgaff 4G sim.

I recieved a new 762S, but I'm still having the same problem with the O2 sim. I ordered a new O2 sim, inserted it, registered it on the O2 web site and it showed the correct IMEI number for the 762S but I'm still getting the same connection error 33. I've now come to the conclusion this device doesn't work on the O2 network.

I've just inserted a Three sim and it works fine, unfortunately there's no Three signal where I want to use this device, so it's adios to the Aircard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobile Internet for Multiple Devices, 18 Feb. 2014
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For those wondering what exactly this is (and whether or not you need it), think of this as a portable wireless router. It works similarly to a wi-fi router you might have at home or in the office except it's portable so you need to charge it up and then you can take it with you if you're out and about, and you can have multiple devices (tablets, phones etc) all using the device as a hotspot to gain internet access. You will need a mobile internet sim with a data plan to use the device.

I had not used a mobile hotspot device before so I was quite interested in seeing how it would perform. I am currently working on a project which requires me to work in small teams at different locations. I've found the NetGear device to be quite helpful as it means we can all have access to the internet, no matter where we're meeting.

It's a small device so it's not really a burden to carry on and it's just quite a convenient thing to have if you need internet on the go for multiple devices. It does say you can have up to 10 devices connected at the same time - I've tested it with 4 devices running simultaneously and that works fine.

If you're considering buying this, I do think the device is a good investment if you need mobile internet. I recently bought an iPad and I'm glad I didn't spend extra on the cellular version because you don't need it if you've got a device like this - plus there's the added bonus that other devices can also connect through it. Do have a browse of mobile sim plans & prices before ordering though as data plans can get quite expensive - it depends what you actually use the internet for and how many devices you have connected, but I find it's quite easy to eat through your data allowance. Overall a good, reliable device if you want mobile internet for yourself or want to be able to create a hotspot where others can also use your internet connection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 25 Aug. 2014
Not so good, had to return as kept losing signal on three and EE.
Bought a Huawei and had no problems

4.0 out of 5 stars A Portable Wireless Router, 27 Feb. 2014
Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great idea; a wireless router you can take on your travels with you, at work or on holiday, and you can share it with colleagues, friends and family - any group of people who need access to the internet. It connects up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices (which is good considering how many devices each person has these days) and it is pretty quick to get up and running. Just set it up (needs a SIM card) add the battery, put the back on and away you go! Comes partially charged so it will need to be charged fairly soon after your first use - easily done via a wall charger (fastest method) or via a USB cable plugged into your computer. Then connect to the Internet, set up your admin rights/password and you're ready.

I found it easy to use, and I like the friendly LCD screen. There is also a NetGear AirCard App available from the Apple App Store, GooglePlay or Amazon. However, the short battery life means you have to be prepared with an additional battery/charger or a plug socket / access to a computer. I do have a portable charger that I charge up and take with me for when I go to places where there is nowhere to plug into a mains (ie camping) but this was bought separately.

This comes with a USB cable and a plug socket with a three and two pin plug adapter. Everything you need to get started.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›