on 28 July 2014
Having not built a PC for 10 years, I was a bit brave / foolish to opt for a Mini ITX for my first attempt.
However, this case was perfect for my low power lounge 5350.

The motherboard section can be slid completely out of the case and / or back, front and sides removed individually for those of us with chunky / shaky fingers. This made it a pleasure to build and family have already admired and asking for me to build them one!

Fitting the little Power/LED/HDD cables was the trickiest bit, as I had put one in incorrectly and couldn't face taking the case apart again (yes I know, test before you put it together - rookie mistake), but was able to swap this when everything was in the case.

I was also impressed with the SSD/HDD support, as this was my biggest concern after cable management, but for such a small case I was surprised with the space that I seemed to have.
on 5 November 2014
I shall post my experience, your milage may vary;

First case came, and the PSU blew instantly! Amazon were great and sent another, which is so far working ok.
As others may have mentioned, this is a 12v 5A unit, so max output is 60W NOT 120W as claimed, please bear this in mind! its also a very light made in china deal, so I have my reservations about its quality!

The case itself is pretty good, nice and sturdy with aluminium, but bare no illusions, this is a tiny case - I am using it for an Intel Atom PC that is fanless, which is good as the HDD tray is so close to the heatsink that I couldnt get a fan in there anyway!

The HDD tray as mountings for 2x2.5" disks or 1 3.5" disk, but i cant see how unless a VERY small heatsink is applied!

The case DOES come with a 50mm fan that is connected via molex 12v and is as noisy as sin, its also a cheap made sleeve fan avoid if you can. I have doctored it to run at 5v and its barely useable. it will be replaced soon.

The case has 4 mountings (2 on each side) for 50mm fans, so either invest in decent fans or run then at 5v (or a controller) to get the best noice/performance ratio.

It does come with all the mountings for the vesa mount too, but i havent mounted it yet so cant comment there.

Overall its ok. if i had a do over I may look at getting a similar case for cheaper WITHOUT the PSU and getting a better one elsewhere, but time will tell....
on 15 November 2014
Mine arrived with a power button that does not work, so I have to turn my new computer on by shorting the power-button pins :-(

The fan has a header that connects directly to the power supply (as opposed to the motherboard that could regulate its speed based on the temperature).

The power brick is 60W, not the advertised 120W. If you want to install a second HD you'll need an adaptor for the power cable. On the upside, there is a power header for an internal floppy drive.
on 25 March 2015
A great little mini media center case which can be used as a silent pc if you remove or disconnect the included 50mm fan. There is plenty of ventilation if you wanted to also use it as a fanless pc. It works great with the Intel J1800, J1900 and AMD 5350 without the need for a case fan. Its around half the size of a games console so can be placed anywhere including on the rear of your TV with the included VESA mount.

As others have stated the external power adapter is rated at 60W so the maximum TDP processor you can use is about 30W with 2x 2.5" HDD's. I tried running an AMD A8-7600 in it but it wouldn't boot up. You can buy a 120W external power adapter if you want to make full use of the power board, although I would imagine you would also need to upgrade the case cooling by adding more 50mm fans (the case can take up to 4x 50mm x 10mm fans).

There is about 4cm for heatsink clearance when you use 2.5" HDD's and about 2cm of clearance when using a 3.5" HDD (25mm thick), so you will either need to find a very low profile cooler (around 2cm height) for using a 3.5" HDD or find one of the slim 3.5" type drives.

The grilled metal body looks great and the plastic front looks ok, the power light (located in the power button) is quite bright so bear this in mind, it can always be disconnected if you prefer by not connecting the power LED and HDD LED wire to the motherboard.

There are 2 WiFi antenna holes on the rear if your motherboard supports Mini-PCI expansion cards. The box includes a VESA mounting kit and an external power adapter, it does not include a power lead (it takes a standard kettle lead type).

In summary it is a very reasonably priced case that is easy to work with and will allow you to build a low powered, silent PC with excellent storage options (2x 2.5" HDD's).
on 18 October 2014
Comes with a 12V/5A power brick that only outputs 60W, so you get half the power as advertised, which is not enough juice to power my i5 CPU.
on 31 March 2015
It was pretty easy to mount the itx board in the small cabìnet.
on 15 December 2015