Format: DVDChange

on 7 March 2015
Brilliant series, great scenery. Buy It!
on 25 August 2014
Engaging if undemanding. TV fare rendered ever so much more watchable by being able to view uninterrupted. Pic quality is very good, even on standard def DVD. The real star is the scenery.
on 31 August 2014
Interesting program. It has a compelling rhythm to it that one doesn't often see in television drama. Acting, stories and settings are excellent. Hope there's going to be more.
on 28 September 2014
My husband and I both loved it. Fascinating to be let in on that part of the world, seeing how the natives cope. Leads very well played and sympathetic. Stories compelling.
on 5 February 2015
Different setting makes this crime drama slightly more interesting than others. Acting is good and writers seem to know what they are doing.
on 29 August 2015
great series hope they do more.
on 16 April 2014
So, then, viewers, we approach ourselves to the remote Scottish islands of Shetland.
This is regarding the title if you know what I mean.
However, we are drawn into three different but main characters from the programme.
Their names are called Detective Inspector Jimmy Perez, Detective Sergeant Alison MacIntosh and Detective Constable Sandy Wilson. They all work at the Lerwick Police station and the idea is that they investigate crime within the close knit island community. In this isolated and sometimes inhospitable environment, the team have to rely on a uniquely resourceful style of policing.
Though, the clever tricks are that the pilot episode was shown on BBC One on 10th March 2013 and since the show is developing so well, this year in 2014 we are drawn into six episodes for which I am grateful.
These episodes have all been shown on BBC One and on BBC One HD on Tuesday nights at 9:00pm and they are available to watch on the BBC iPlayer website until Tuesday 22nd April 2014 at 10:00pm.

However, I remember the actor Douglas Henshall because I think that he as an actor has impressed me.
I remember the time that he played a different character seven years ago (2007) because the name of his character was called Professor Nick Cutter - a specialist or scientist studying the potential remains of dead animals such as a zoologist.
The name of the programme is called Primeval, though as I have said before this science fiction drama was shown on ITV1.

Mind you, I think that Shetland is in my BBC top ten television crime drama programmes because since I have seen the complete third series of Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Mark Gatiss, Amanda Abbington, Rupert Graves, Andrew Scott and Lars Mikkelsen in January 2014 on television though, there has NOT been a single television crime drama on the BBC since now.

Although, I know that I am NOT the expert in dealing with forensics but without a doubt, I have enjoyed watching the stories of Shetland since last year.
Technically, apart from seeing the main cast, the Scottish actor of Bill Paterson appears in the second series because the name of his character is called James Perez and yet I remember seeing his character as Professor Edwin Bracewell in the 2010 Doctor Who stories of the ''Victory of the Daleks'' and ''The Pandorica Opens''. So, I'm providing a hint for you, folks.

Seriously, folks, this is a brilliant product for £9.74 (student discount) from Amazon.co.uk and I suggest that you pre-order your own copy today.
Is that clear?
Again, do NOT buy this product from the BBC Shop UK website because it is £14.00. Go to Amazon.co.uk instead!!!

Thank you for your time for listening to me. Enjoy the rest of your day! From Richard Hill
11 comment5 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2014
A very novel series of detectives off the beaten track. Interesting,Intelligent and atmospheric and no car chases. Wonderfully Scottish.
11 comment1 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2015
Excellent wish they made more
on 21 April 2014
this is one of the best detective series I have watched great acting and great stories i would recommend this to anyone