4.0 out of 5 stars As good as anything I've tried
These are convenient to use and wash well, leaving a pleasant smell behind them.

The wrapper for each tablet is self-dissolving - just drop the whole thing in. The disadvantage is that you have to be sure to keep the tablets dry to stop the wrapper dissolving prematurely, and handle them with dry hands.

There's no need to use salt or rinse aid with...
Published 7 months ago by Mr Gumby

3.0 out of 5 stars What's all the fuss about?
Firstly, although the plastic bag is a good idea I found it impossible to "tear along the strip" and had to take scissors to it. Having finally wrestled the bag open I was assailed by the scent of - well I don't quite know what it is except it's very strong (and I have a poor sense of smell) but not unpleasant. So, I popped one of these wrapper-free thingies into my...
Published 4 months ago by Jood

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as anything I've tried, 19 Dec 2013
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

There's no need to use salt or rinse aid with them. Of course, if you're in a soft water area, that means you may be paying for a salt function that you don't need. Whether the built-in rinse aid can possibly work as well as letting the machine add it separately at rinse time is hard to tell; I had my doubts but must say that glasses and cutlery come out looking spotless.

They clean crockery, glasses, cutlery and the dishwasher itself (a new Bosch machine) as well as anything I've tried but still don't entirely manage to remove tea stains from china cups and mugs, at least not black tea stains. No other dishwasher tablets/detergents do either, though, in my experience - I resort to filling them with a very mild bleach solution.

If you're prepared to pay a premium for the convenience offered by these all-in-one tablets, you're unlikely to be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cut above hte standard dishwasher tablets, 13 May 2014
R. Johnson "r_johnson194" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using the standard finish tablets for years and was generally happy with them.

However these are much better and I immediately saw the difference. Glass, ceramics and pots are visibly shiner when they come out of the dishwasher. Pans that needed to be soaked and scrubbed before putting in the dishwasher now only need a soak. A dish that was used for pasta bake had hard blackened cheese stuck to the sides. I soaked it for an hour or so and without any other cleaning put it in the dishwasher. It came out sparkling. This never happened with the standard tablets. It also gets through grease pretty well.

It's only a small thing, but the fact these don't come in a wrapper is really nice.

Overall a definite upgrade from the standard tablets. They are a little expensive, but they do cut down on need to pre-scrub hard to clean dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 28 May 2014
K. Wright - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using Finish dishwasher tablets for a few years now and I highly recommend them. This pack is good value for money and even though it is more expensive than some other brands, they always leave my dishes, cutlery, glasses and pans clean, dry and streak free.

5.0 out of 5 stars About as good at it gets, 9 May 2014
A Common Reader "Committed to reading" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had many different types of tablet, usually the all in one type, and in fact have had the dishwasher for seven years and have never had to put separate salt or rinse in to it as a result. What attracted me to these is the packaging - I like the way you don't have to unwrap the tablets - the near-invisible wrapping just dissolves in the machine.

It is of course vital to keep the tablets in a dry place otherwise the wrapping will dissolve, and also you need to dry your hands before taking one out of the packet.

The washing power seems excellent to me although others have commented on the way they can take the sparkle off softer types of glass. For me,, that just seems par for the course - most glassware is pretty cheap these days and can be replaced and I certainly wouldn't put any of our better glassware into the dishwasher anyway. OK, so some tea-stains need to be wiped off afterwards but do it when you just take the cups out of the machine and it won't be a problem.

A very good product - if you can get it at the right price it's one to go for .

5.0 out of 5 stars All Around Sparkle, 3 Jan 2014
Ayami "Ayami" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using Lemon Sparkle in my dishwasher for a few months and have to say I've been very happy with the results. There's always quite a mix of dishes from pots to glasses and although we will rinse them before putting them they come out clean and dry. Glasses very rarely have spots on them and although we are in a soft water area it's good to know it will also protect the machine from limescale.

We are regular tea drinkers and again, there's no stains left in the cups. The tabs are a bit big but the flap will still close on the dishwasher and they are very clean to handle making life very easy. We will definitely be purchasing these again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, 18 Jun 2014
downkiddie "downkiddie" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These tablets give good results, and the all in one function is very useful. I have to admit however the cleaning performance is no better than the supermarket value brand ones I normally use. Perhaps when dishes are caked up to the eyeballs with dried food these would work better, but then I don't put anything that bad in the dishwasher.

One of the main features of these tablets, the lack of wrapper, is also the main drawback. Absolutely dry hands are needed when handling otherwise they start melting and dissolving. The packet must be carefully closed also as otherwise the contents begin to go tacky.

They work fine, and if you're really pushed for time they save a few seconds each month in not adding salt and rinseaid. But I'll be sticking to the cheapies.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Number One brand, 8 May 2014
Benson (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried cheaper dishwasher tablets and found you are more likely to run into problems with them. Either the tablets don't dissolve very well or they just don't give your dishes that sparkly clean feel.

I can't fault Finish. I've tried this style before when it was on offer at the supermarket and they do the job perfectly. Surprisingly expensive though so you'll actually end up saving more in the long run by buying in bulk. Another great 'add-on' from Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results so far, 4 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've tended to use own brand dishwasher products for a while now in part because Finish tablets have tended to come with the advice they they are best used on full washes not the shorter/lower temp ones which we mostly use. I was pleased to see that these have advice for folk such as us and suggest placing them directly in the dishwasher rather than in the dispenser. So far the results using these tablets like this have been fine. All the items have come out clean with no residues though there is still rinse aid in the tank so that might be an issue when it runs out. Given the approach of washing machine detergent suppliers for sometime of trying to work on environmental aspects it is about time the dishwasher equivalents took the issue seriously. I do think these are a little pricey however most importantly they work well (I'll update this if there are any other issues).

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaning power, but can scour soft glass, 26 April 2014
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've been using all of the various types of Finish dishwasher tablets and powders for more than three decades in a couple of different dishwashers. They consistently perform very well in the Which? tests.

To my surprise, regardless of which of the many types of Finish tablet we use, the results are always much better than the occasionally tried "Own Brand" supermarket tablets. We always make sure the dishwasher has the water-softener and rinse-aid working correctly and the filters are clear. We usually use the shorter but hotter wash program. The machine remains clean and pong-free.

This Quantum Regular tablet offers the convenience of just dropping the tablet and its covering into the dispenser (no wrapper to be removed). But, there is a problem: the re-sealable pack does not reseal well after a while and instead we have found that it is essential to always store the tablets in a couple of old airtight Tupperware boxes to protect them from humidity - the larger one keeps the bulk of the pack dry in long term storage, the smaller one holds just a few handy for daily use. This is because most of the time our machine is only used on alternate days, and a pack of 60 tablets will last us as long as four months; but if these tablets are left exposed to normal humid kitchen air they will become sticky and horrible in maybe a week, even less if wet fingers were used to pick out the previously used tablets.

Beware, soft glass will be scoured, as happened very quickly with our Le Cafetiere Teapot, some of our older drinking glasses, and the glaze and decoration on the cheaper mugs - even though they may claim to be 'Dishwasher Safe'. And because of this we still always hand wash our most expensive glassware, crockery and cutlery.

We also never pay the ridiculously high 'full list price' and always look for offers on the opportunity to stock up cheap, usually at about a third of list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely finished, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Finish Quantum Regular (Pack of 1, Total 45 Tablets ) (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the years, I have probably tried every brand of regular 'flavour' dishwasher 'tab', trying to economise at times but usually suffering with ultimately getting what you pay for.

With the arrival of my new machine, the recommended brand is FINISH and, having returned to the fold, so to speak, I have noticed a big difference in the finish (pun intended) of the cookware, especially glassware, with some other brands leaving a streaky effect or a cloudy residue, or both.
Using the FINISH brand, I have had no such problems, to date.
Also, I do not get the rust spots on cutlery, spotty watermarks or the early dimming of the sheen on saucepan exteriors that some have mentioned on relevant Amazon product reviews. Also, I haven't lost any of the markings on, e.g. this, so I am inclined to think that the FINISH product is generally kinder overall, too.

From the pack:

* 'FINISH QUANTUM comes with a revolutionary gel chamber that delivers on intense cleaning action for amazingly clean and shiny dishes, first time every time.
* FINISH QUANTUM combines the power of three chambers in one wrapper free design to give flawless results and amazing shine on all your dishes every time.'

* Power Gel with a pre-soaking action and Powerball for a dazzling shine
* Gel with rinse aid function
* Powerful detergent with salt function to remove tough stains

The 9 POWER ACTIONS:

* GREASE CUTTING
* WRAPPER FREE
* AMAZING SHINE
* FILTER PROTECTION'

There is a note on the pack re 'the built-in salt function being effective in soft/med & hard water up to 26e. If your water is harder, performance can be improved by adding FINISH SALT.'
I would also suggest checking your dishwasher set-up as some more recent models have a 'water softening system indicator' which requires manual setting according to the hardness of the water in your area (which can be checked with the relevant water supplier).
I suspect that some of the problems attributed to wear on cookware/glassware may be down to not being truly aware of water quality and under or overdoing the salt level.

The pack of QUANTUM tablets measures in around 24 cm x 24.5 cm x 6 cm and is a handy size to fit in the gap in the cupboard under my sink along with all the other paraphernalia that collects under there.
Once opened, the pack has an easy re-sealable top to keep the contents dry and I much prefer this container to a cardboard box.

I always stack my machine loads with rubber gloves, having rinsed off any food residue, but it is important to ensure that 'hands are completely dry before handling the tablet'.

Each rectangular tablet measures around 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm x 1.5 cm

One whole tablet goes in the dispenser (which needs to be dry), unless:

* using in a short cycle, i.e. one of 30 minutes or less, in which cases a note on the pack advises that 'the tablet is placed on the bottom of the dishwasher'.

From the pack:

* 'To protect the quality of the Quantum tabs, always reseal the pack after use and store away from heat and moisture.'

In terms of price, I find that every time I go shopping, one or other of the supermarkets will have this product on a (sometimes) substantial saving offer, so I would recommend checking them out before you check out.

Finish Quantum Regular (Pack of 1, Total 45 Tablets )
12.70