4.0 out of 5 stars Plastic powerhouse
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:01 Mins
Although the S4 Mini is called 'mini' this is actually what most people would consider a normal sized phone, it sits well in the hand, has a good screen size and is very light. Some might find it a little too light, preferring a bit of weight to give a more premium feel.

Samsung have insisted on sticking with the plastic design found...
Published 6 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but Network Issues are a pain
I have to agree with a lot of the reviews here. The phone is great, compact, full of features you would find the S3 with a little bit more. It does not have the full features of the S4 which is fine. Battery life is fairly standard. You can get about a full days use or use a battery saving app which gives you more than a day. Sound quality is good as well

The...
Published 4 months ago by sauce

4.0 out of 5 stars Plastic powerhouse, 26 Mar 2014
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Length:: 3:01 Mins

Samsung have insisted on sticking with the plastic design found on all of the phones they make which will divide opinion, some will not be at all concerned with it, and on the smaller S4 Mini it's not as cheap feeling as the full sized S4, others will dislike it if they've used other manufacturers phones (such as the HTC One Mini) that have a more expensive finish to them.

The S4 Mini has a duel core processor and has a good looking and responsive screen which means the interface is nice and snappy and it has no problems running games, with Asphalt 8: Airborne running really smoothly and without any lag.

Surprisingly Samsung have done away with the notification light found on most Android phones, in the long run you'll get use to it not being there but it does take a bit of getting use to, especially when you want to check with a quick glance if the phone has finished charging.

The camera is OK, nothing amazing, it's fine for when you're out and about but it wouldn't be good enough to replace a dedicated camera.

Battery life is very good, you should easily be able to get through the day no problem. The battery is removable so if you want to carry a spare you can do. There is a lot to like about the S4 Mini, but if you're not sure if this is the phone for you I'd recommend checking out the alternatives: HTC One Mini Sim Free Smartphone - Silver and the Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mid-priced, mid-sized phone, 13 Aug 2014
H Jackson (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is my second Samsung phone (I upgraded from a Galaxy S2) and I am very pleased with my purchase. Clearly, there are phones which are larger and/or more powerful. For me, however, I thought this was a great combination of a medium-sized phone that fits my hand comfortably and excellent (but not amazing) performance.

PROS
* The first thing I noticed was how fast apps run on this phone and how quickly I can transition from one app to another one. Having upgraded from the often sluggish S2, I am very pleased with the speediness of the S4.
* The phone has a microSD slot so that I could put in my 32GB card with all of the videos and music that I like to have with me. Many mid-priced to cheaper phones do not provide a microSD card slot, which to me is a waste of time.
* For me, this is the perfect size of phone. The screen is larger than the iPhone 4 or 5; the screen size is the same as the Galaxy S2 but the body is smaller than the Galaxy S2
* The screen is clear and bright
* The camera takes excellent quality photos outdoors. In fact, to reduce the amount of memory that each photo takes up, I have reduced the camera quality slightly.

CONS
There's nothing that I am unhappy with. However, some things which you might consider:
* Do you want a larger screen? Most top-end phones have significantly larger screens. I wanted something that fit my small to mid-sized hand so this works for me. If you have thick fingers, you might plump for a larger screen on which it is easier to type
* Do you want the fastest performance? This is NOT a quad core phone so if you are looking to play games which rely on lots of screen animation, this may not be the phone for you.

OVERALL
A very good phone for those who in particular want a mid-sized phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini....The smartest smartphone ever, 3 Mar 2014
J. Ford (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
I've been agonizing for months over which smartphone to go for and reading numerous conflicting reviews made it even harder to decide, hearing friends rave about the Samsung S4 I decided to go for it (in the mini version) and I'm not disappointed..... I love this phone and all the different apps sync together which make using it soooo easy. The camera is great, takes lovely clear pics (better than the iPhone) in my opinion when comparing it to my sisters iPhone 5. This phone is packed with great features and apps to many to mention......... a very clever piece of technology. The only down side is the battery, for me it only lasts a day with minimal use but if your going to have a smartphone with all these features and apps running in the background, you've got to expect it... as with most smartphones!!! If you are thinking of getting Samsung.... get it, you'll be hooked within a week. From a very happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars do not be fooled by this phones size, 3 Aug 2013
I upgraded from a Samsung S2 to this. Do not be fooled into thinking just because this phone is called a mini it is inferior to its bigger brother the S4. Yes there are a few features missing but it more than makes up for it for the features that are included.
Like the S4 it has smart screen features and also has S Translator which can come in handy.
The screen is very sharp and the clarity when viewing photos is superb. When you use the Facebook app again it is crystal clear.
You can even personalize this phone to suit your every need such as font size, font style, screen lay out. You can even mute the phone just by covering it with your hand which is a great feature.
For a phone that is supposed to be a mini it certainly lives up to much more than that. I am very pleased with this phone so far and have only had it two days.
If there is one criticism then it must be when you use your phone for web browsing then you do have to zoom in to read text, but I had to do this on my S2 as well.
I am a male and I have average size hands but the size of the phone does not pose a problem to me either
I fully recommend this phone for anyone who can not afford the full S4, you will not be disappointed. I have it in white and it makes a change from having a phone in black and looks quite sharp and sleek in the white too.
I hope my review helps you in choosing the right phone. Thanks for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you'll ever need in a smartphone - and more, 10 Jan 2014
Mr. M. Howe (Kent) - See all my reviews
Pros
Replaceable battery
Micro SD card
Perfect proportions
Decent smartphone battery life
Great camera
4G
Android Jelly Bean
Swift and smooth operator

Cons
Screen not HD (guess what? It doesn't matter.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic alternative to huge modern phones, 4 May 2014
I was once a huge fan of Android, before moving away to the world of Windows Phone and in all honesty, I absolutely loved Windows Phone. However, I found it lacking alot of the features of Android so after only a year, I moved back and the £250 S4 Mini appeared to be the perfect choice for a user of my kind.

Alot of the alternatives I studied were absolutely huge, at 5"+ I found the size to be too big to comfortably carry around in one's pocket and the S4 mini appeared to the perfect size and it absolutely is. It's compact enough to be used in one hand and easily carried about, but that doesn't mean screen functionality is compromise and it's worth remembering that the screen is still slightly bigger than the flagship Apple phone, iPhone 5S.

At a smaller size and cheaper prise, the specs have been compromised slightly, but nothing too drastically. With 1.5GB ram, the phone is still completely fantastic for a power user like myself.

I can't recommend the S4 mini enough as a great alternative to some of the much bigger and flashy smartphones. Great job Samsung, I think you've just kick started my love affair with Android once again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, excellent phone, 20 Jan 2014
Phone was delivered day after it was dispatched and was very well packaged. The phone is slim with a good size screen, easy to set up and use and, contrary to other reviews, came with the correct 3 pin charger and English user manual. It has a great camera and is a vast improvement on my old Galaxy Ace, I am really pleased with it and with the service provided by the seller

5.0 out of 5 stars A great upgrade from my S2, 17 Jan 2014
I spent a lot of time trying to decide if I needed to upgrade from my trusty S2 but after buying this phone I am glad I did, it does everything I need at breakneck speed

3.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but Network Issues are a pain, 3 May 2014

The bad
As most people pointed out, there is clearly a network selection problem with this phone. I thought i would be one of the lucky ones but that didnt happen. To clarify, you can leave the phone on stand by and next time you pick it up it says your network is unavailable (even though it was a few minutes ago). This happens to me about twice a week. It is easy to fix this. Restart the phone (long process) or manually choose your network in the mobile data settings and it sorts itself out......for a while. If you go abroad you will need to manually choose the network you are compatible with. This took me about 20mins to find the right network.

Other than that, this is like a mini s3. I would recommend if you have the s3 and you are looking for a smaller option to either go for the s3 mini or wait for the s5 mini which im guessing would be released soon. Other than that, the phone is a good one and if you dont mind the issue highlighted above, then go for it

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than any other store, 3 Dec 2013
It is Samsung S4 mini, when I bought it I was afraid it is like a duplicate or fake device. Amazingly it is much cheaper here on amazon than any other store.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Smartphone - Purple