on 6 April 2012
Nice bike - fast delivery. Bit complicated for my wife to put together. lots of bits to put together - but then again it is what it is. seat height could have gone down a bit more except for back rack, however it was a 15'' height - just have to stretch the wife to fit it better. Nice look and feel to the overall bike - she loves it!
44 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2013
This was great value for the money. Very easy to put together even though I am a female! Its very comfortable to ride and the 16 inch frame is perfect for my height at 5 foot 4. Lovely product would highly recommend.
on 26 August 2014
Bike is just as in the picture: girly and beautiful, but too heavy (I have to carry the bike in and out the house everyday) and therefor also slower. Self-assembling is not a good idea if you have no idea how to do it.

Since new it makes a very annoying noise when switching above the 3rd gear. I even took it to a bike shop and they couldn't figure out what it was (I thought it was the assembling, but they adjusted everything and still couldn't get rid of the noise. After 5-6 months the plastic piece that holds the front mudguard into place broke.

I also learned front baskets are not practical. When you load it you lose a bit of control.

On the other hand it's very comfortable and pretty and apart from the above I haven't had any issues with the bike. I guess I'd go for a lighter/faster bike now, but if you just want it for week-end rides or short city rides it's ok.
on 9 November 2014
many many many problems happened.
it is cheap at the beginning but then I have to spend a lot on replacing everything.
It is better to invest into a high quality bike and be in peace for a long time.
won't recommand it to anybody.
on 29 October 2013
Lovely bike and very easy to ride as so comfortable. It was dreadful to assemble and I ended up taking it to a cycle shop for safety check. Good value though and just what I need for the shops etc.
on 1 March 2014
I chose this rating simply because the first week riding this bike, I had complications already. I recently moved to a city and thought a bike would be more sufficient and cheaper to travel around with! The first week, coming home from University and just finished grocery shopping. My basket fell out of place, the bike handle became loose and I was so close to having an accident twice in one day. I can say that it was more likely because I had not tighten everything right, but no matter what I did, tightening it was not the issue... as tight as I screwed everything up, every thing became loose again really quickly. So after 2 weeks of having the bike, I have stored it away in the garage. It was too unsafe for me to ride anywhere and it was not useful at all especially when shopping for food.

I haven't felt safe riding this around, and I don't know if I will be able to trust it again. Also there was no instructions to assemble the bike either. I was going to refund this back, but I knew the delivery would cost me a lot and for me to bring this to the Post office would just take too much effort especially without transport there.
on 17 April 2014
AND SHE LOVES IT!!!! Firstly let me say that although it came in a flatish pack box and even though I have been into bikes for a good few years it was very easy and simple to assemble. Presented it to her on Christmas morning and even though she is 30 she was delighted by it. Very strudy construction and looks great. Gears work well but a little tight on the up shift but I think either with use or a little adjustment that can easily be rectified. Much better quality than I was expecting for the money. Would definitely recommend this product.
on 24 July 2013
The first bike was damaged but they collected it and sent out a new one. The bike itself is nice just make sure you tighten all the nuts and bolts
on 25 September 2013
Looks beautiful. Very heavy frame! Loose chain protector & can't be fastened. Won't allow me into first gear without the chain popping off :/
on 21 June 2013
I bought this for my wife through Amazon. The cycle arrived amazingly quickly. She is delighted with the cycle, it has everything she needs, simple gears, basket, comfortable seat and large wheels which make it easy to ride. The handlebars are traditional and more comfortable than modern designs. She is a smaller person, and the step through frame really works for her. The paintwork looks smart and it is definitely a winner. The only downside was that I found the assembly a bit difficult, and the rear tyre was punctured (inner tube had been cut during assembly). I contacted Phillips and they were very helpful providing replacement inner tubes and I sorted this out in no time. I bought a men's Viking bike from Phillips via Amazon a few years back and have been very happy with the quality. I would recommend buying this ladies cycle.