5.0 out of 5 stars Its a Maglite. Whats not to like
Arrived quickly.
Small, very bright.
It was for my wife and needed to fit in her handbag.
The presentation box is great if you're buying it as a gift.
Perfect.
Published 11 months ago by Adam Beard

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% MAG-satisfaction
This little torch is a bit more powerful than my old, 2004 2 x 1,5v AA cell MAG. Too bad this can't handle chill weather. At under 0 Celcius it won't light up, you have to warm it first in your hands, or the cell must be 100% fresh! Too bad I can't trust in this torch, it fails too often.

Please check this out: [...]
Published 10 months ago by Lauri Simola

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a Maglite. Whats not to like, 9 Jan 2014
Arrived quickly.
Small, very bright.
It was for my wife and needed to fit in her handbag.
The presentation box is great if you're buying it as a gift.
Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect keychain/pocket light?, 8 Nov 2014
After having the (non-LED) Solitaire on my keychain for the last ten years, I decided I was due an upgrade to a good AAA LED keychain light. After much research, I eventually found that there was an LED version of the one I already had!

What put me off the alternatives was the fact that other lights are a bit more chunky in the pocket, whereas the Solitaire LED is thin and barely noticeable.

It's the same form factor as the original Solitaire (as far as I can see, and I've put both of mine side by side), only with a much more powerful LED light (37 lumens vs the original 2 lumens!). Seriously, compare the two together and the difference is like day and night... The runtime on an alkaline battery is quoted as 1hr 45m. I've read that if you try a Lithium battery you can achieve about 3hrs' runtime (but don't quote me on that, just what I read on a forum somewhere!). Do correct me if you know different.

I also recently bought a Fenix LD12 (XP G2) which lives in my bag, but it's the Solitaire LED that gets the most use, simply as it's immediately accessible in my pocket at all times. I work in a technical job, and often find myself looking down the backs of computers and equipment, as well as in dark basements, and so it gets a lot of use.

If you're after a multi-mode, strobing, tactical-schmactical, faux-military light look elsewhere. If you're after a well-made, high-quality, reliable, bright keychain light, this is the one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% MAG-satisfaction, 21 Feb 2014

Please check this out: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Maglite, 24 Jan 2014
I have always loved the Maglites and have a selection of them. I recently bought a kit to upgrade my Maglite mini to LED and was so impressed I had to buy a new Solitaire. It is amazing how such a small item can give off so much light. Just don't be as stupid as I was and look into it you wont be able to see anything for a while. Its great to hang on your keyring and use to find keyholes etc when you come home after dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright, 11 Mar 2014
I have had the old Solitaire on my key ring for about 10 years, it's not very bright and the battery doesn't last long. The new LED version is much brighter and the battery lasts better, I just hope it is as durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best., 23 May 2013
I've had my old Solitaire for years now and this seemed like the inevitable upgrade. It's still as solid as Maglite products have always been. Top quality craftsmanship.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but scratches very easily, 17 Feb 2014
Although this is a very well made aluminium maglite, it's coloured coating does scratch very easily. I would buy another one, but as this is for use on a keyring, I would highly recommend getting a silver one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 8 Dec 2014
Perfect for what I need it for (walking around a village /to from the car with no street lights). Small but BRIGHT fits in your pockets no problem or on a set of keys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Dec 2014
Brighter light than old one hope it lasts as long

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery already in tourch, 26 Oct 2013
May not have been new virgin stock as battery was already in torch, ordered another colour that was missing its lanyard, torch works well