5.0 out of 5 stars self sealing tubes
Published on 17 Mar 2011 by Mr. S. Gawthorpe

2.0 out of 5 stars Valves can leak so not recommended
I have found that some of the tubes have poor valves that can leak air if the mud cap is screwed on too tight and presses onto the valve leading to slow and continual air loss. Having said that they most certainly reduce the number of punctures but I will probably not use them again. Not recommended.
Published on 14 April 2009 by Dean Marshall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Valves can leak so not recommended, 14 April 2009
Dean Marshall "DJM" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

1.0 out of 5 stars DR Sludge? Where are they?, 20 April 2009
Basically sent me some cheap imitations, one with faulty valve! If you're gonna advertise a certain product then send the same thing you describe. Rip Off!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars self sealing tubes, 17 Mar 2011
HAVING ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS WITH RACING WHEEL PUNCTURES I WAS GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU CAN NOW GET SELF SEALING INNER TUBES FOR THE NARROWEST OF TUBES.I HAVE NOTICED IN THE COUPLE OF MONTHS I HAVE HAD THEM IN ONLY ONE TIME WHEN THE MIXTURE THAT IS INSIDE THE TUBE COMES TO THE SURFACE AND WITHIN A FEW SECONDS SEALS THE HOLE AND VERY LITTLE PRESSURE IS LOST. CERTAINLY GOOD ENOUGH TO GET YOU HOME . I NOW HAVE THEM IN MY MOUNTAIN BIKE ASWELL AND THE WORRY OF PUNCTURES IS A THING OF THE PAST..

5.0 out of 5 stars tubes, 22 Sep 2010
M. David Miles (devon) - See all my reviews
they work well, from experiece they kept me going for 5 miles home with a thorn hanging out of the tyre and they are cheaper than the slime ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Sludge Innertubes, 22 May 2010
Stephen Theaker "Mick" (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent product, prevents the constant punctures I was getting from thorns on my cyclo-cross bike. Slightly heavier than normal innertube but unless you're planning to ride the Tour de France I doubt you'll notice or care. I'm now covering 100 miles a week with no punctures. A bargain for hassle free cycling, these tubes will pay for themselves in no time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as slime tubes - too many problems, 23 Jun 2012
I have used both these and Slime tubes, and have found much better on a number of counts. I have had 3 of these and 2 valves have leaked, and this for me makes them a poor choice. One failed to sort out a puncture, and left me doing a roadside repair for a minor puncture which was the whole reason for using them in the first place. On the plus side the valve is slighter longer than the on the Slimes making them easier to pump up on 24mm section rims. By contrast no Slime tube valve has failed on me, and the Slime's have always sorted any puncture out. So on balance I would recommend you pay the extra and go for the Slime tubes if you want to keep riding with the minimum fuss (as long as your rim is no deeper than 24mm).

5.0 out of 5 stars No punctures for six months so far, 9 Mar 2012
Very pleased with this, fits fine like a normal tube. Pumped up to ~100psi and haven't had any punctures or complaints since. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - no punctures in 6 months since purchase, 18 Oct 2011
My 14 mile round trip to work is along contry lanes and I was getting punctures from stones every few days - since I got these I haven't had one and had them in for a good 6 months. Very impressed. I think they make the tyres slightly heavier but its totally worth it for not worrying about punctures

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 13 Aug 2011
Bought these as kept on getting punctures in my rear even after i'd bought a Kevlar tyre, and it does the job very well.

I use this on my road bike (700x 23) tyres and they fit well, indeed due to their slightly larger width (19 vs 18 regular tube) they need less pressure than the usual ones (only 90 psi is enough vs my usual 110psi.)

I'm pretty sure you could run these on 70-80psi no problem, which I can get out of my hand pump. It's well worth having ones of these as a spare get you home, even if you don't want to use it all the time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets you home, 27 July 2011
After hearing that self sealing inner tubes could cause deformation and bulging due to the movement of chemicals I was happy to see that after receiving a puncture my tube was still well proportioned. I removed the glass causing the puncture, pumped the tyre back up and was good to go but did eventually find the worlds slowest puncture where the tire had failed to completely repair itself.

The tube however retained enough air to get me home and was much easier to repair than usual as the hole was so small after the chemicals did most of the work. Therefore in my opinion this is definitely a better buy then a regular inner tube despite being a couple of pounds more expensive.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›