on 4 March 2013
Does a great job, who knew such a simple device could make even the most difficult to mix things into a smoothie! I use it for protein shakes and even add peanut butter or sliced banana sometimes and it really pulverises it! Great investment. Also, doesn't look like a sports drink mixer which is good for me cause I like to keep my protein powder usage on the down low.
on 3 February 2014
Who would have thought a shaker bottle could change my life?!
I had a crappy one for ages and I used to wrestle with the darn lid that didn't fit properly, every day. Some days it would pretend to be sealed but then spit protein shake all over me during shaking...just for laughs.
I can't believe how good this shaker bottle is (or that I'm actually raving about a plastic bottle...lol) but it really is a world of difference. This one feels really strong and well constructed, but very light in the hand. It's super easy to screw and unscrew due to larger 'teeth' at the mouth of the bottle, and rubber grips on both pieces. It's also super easy to wash out as the mouth is so wide you can fit your hand inside to get at it with the sponge. So simple, and it makes you wonder why they're not all designed this way. I'm going to buy another in the smaller size.
A note on size: the large size really is large. Larger than I need to make a 250ml drink with 2 scoops of whey... is it's for use by one person (ie. you're using it to make 1 drink at a time) the small size would probably be best for most people.
on 11 June 2014
I bought the sportsmixer to replace a cupboard full of tatty looking water bottles and protein shakers I'd accumulated over the years and am happy to report It works brilliantly as both! The included blender ball mixes powders much more effectively than a plastic grid and also has no issues when I throw a bit of peanut butter into the mix. The wide cup and simple lid clean up nicely and so far haven't begun to smell at all. The whole construction looks fantastic and is very high quality which I feel more than justifies the price tag. My only issue is that some of the print on the side has worn off a bit in the areas where I hold it, a minor flaw I feel.

I now have 3 of these and they go with me everywhere, usually with someone asking where I got t from. Top purchase!
on 7 August 2015
I bought this because my old shaker was leaking. This one is a great size, perfect for holding water during your workout, and for a massive protein shake afterwards. The seal is fantastic, and I've had absolutely no leaking. Sure, the cap can be a little tough to open, but it's perfectly bearable, and I'm quite thankful it's so tightly sealed!

My only gripe is that the bottle is a little thin, so fitting your hand in to clean the bottle with a sponge isn't possible. But if you use a scrubber, or if you have a sponge on a handle, then you can easily work around that.

Hands down the best shaker I've owned, would recommend.
on 23 March 2015
I bought one of these and within the first week I noticed it leaked slightly when I shook it, I thought little of it as it wasn't the largest leak ever but it was rather annoying. I then more recently left the bottle on my sofa which (closed top and fully tightened lid) proceeded to leak onto the sofa leaving a rather large wet patch. I immediately went onto Amazon to try and contact them about this problem but instead I found no way of going about this. I think and hope it is just my bottle that has this problem but now have no reliable shaker bottle.
on 5 January 2015
I hate individuals who rub protein in peoples faces. You workout? Who cares! I like being discreet about protein consumption so this bottle was perfect. It has measures on the side so you get a nice balance. The ball inside is perfect. I like how there is a snapcap which means so leaks and there is also a finger hole in the lid to carry it. Love the colours very vibrant and some of my friends have even bought as a water bottle they liked it so much
on 22 January 2015
I use this for a raw meal shake and the ball is the reason I bought it. It gets through the clumps in my shake and ensures a good mix before drinking. The size is sufficient for my needs. The bottle has grippy textured section which makes it slightly nicer to hold.

The lid is quite firm and you have to be careful to make sure its closed properly or it will flip open spewing its contents everywhere.
on 5 June 2013
Perfect for protein drinks on the go. Small enough to carry with ease. Need to watch quantity of powder used as the actual water volume allowing for mixing space is small. For my Cambridge Weight Plan drinks I needed to mix a sachet in two portions or it was too concentrated. I also have the large bottle for everyday use, so this is primarily for when travelling. Seal good, but make sure you click it shut properly unless you fancy wearing your drink. Easy to wash. I find that these 'wire ball' style blender bottles are by far the most efficient at mixing protein shakes WITH NO LUMPS. Bingo Wings also get a bit of a workout whilst you are shaking your drink. Great product.
on 18 March 2014
I have enjoyed using this shaker bottle. It's a good size, so you can for a lot of liquid in there. Perfect for any protein or weight gainer shakes as it is an adequate size for them.

How about the shakers abilities though?
This is where it looses the star for me. Sometimes the small wire ball struggles to fully mix up the thicker shakes so your left with some lumps. I found that if you place the liquid in before the powder, if it's protein or such shakes you are making, then it does seem to mix better. The only other way is to shake for a considerable length of time. They do come out nice and smooth eventually. Apart from that it is a good sturdy and handy piece of kit. Even good as just an normal water bottle.
Dishwasher safe, strong plastic, so even if you drop it it should be fine, with non slip side grips and a rubber lid to help with the unscrewing.

Good shaker bottle. Recommended.
on 28 December 2015
I like this bottle as it is a bit more discrete and doesn't scream "look at me, I'm drinking protein shakes!" Which nearly every other protein shaker does due to their similar shape.
This just looks like an ordinary bottle so doesn't look out of place in the workplace and doesn't make other people assume you are a douche for drinks shakes.
Plus it comes in lots of different colours so you can change it up.
As it is BPA free it doesn't hold smells like other plastics however I did accidentally leave a mix in the bottle for about 2/3 weeks when I lost it and the smells when I opened it was horrendous. Unfortunately the bottle has taken on a bit of that smell and while it doesn't smell horrific inside, some sort of smell has lingered inside so make sure you regularly wash it out!
I have also found the little loop on the lid quite handy.