5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget
Exactly what I wanted to use with my 8 inch tablet, instructions do not mention to connect with Bluetooth device you need to press the "BT" key, with the shift key, this causes the blue LED to flash, you can then discover the device. This isn't mentioned in the brief instructions supplied but is on the US Amazon site.
Published 15 months ago by John Holland

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
Terrible - useless for my needs.

Cons:
* Bizarre button layout. Whoever designed it has never seen human hands.
* Spacebar is miniscule (width of 3 square letters), to make room for 2x Ctrl, Shift, Alt & Fn keys, a menu key, and even a Windows key. Why?!
* Cheaply made, coarse plastic, with unused holes for connectors which fall out
* Much...
Published 4 months ago by Sam Tuke

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget, 29 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, good value for money., 24 Nov. 2014
I bought this mini keyboard to control my Nexus 10 when it is plugged into my TV via an HDMI cable. I had no trouble connecting via bluetooth and it has a good range (~2M). When pairing the keyboard it appears as an iPazzPort.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a UK keyboard as the pictures do not show this (one reviewer did mention this).

The keys are quite small but I have found that they work ok and are possitive without being too 'clicky'. The touch pad works as well as could be expected from such a small area, but by using a combination of the tab key, cursor keys and touch pad I have had no problem selecting and controlling my Nexus 10. The video playback keys (fn + F2-F7) are useful but it would be nice if it was not necessary to hold down 2 keys, but this is a minor niggle.

The led light in the end is not very bright when using rechargable batteries but is better when using 'ordinary' batteries, but it is still not very bright, but I don't use this feature so I have not marked it down for this.

I have not used the bluetooth dongle that came with the keyboard, but the plastic cover of the dongle broke whilst trying to pull it from the battery compartment but a dab of super glue sorted this minor problem. If you pull the dongle out by the metal part of the dongle rather than the plastic you should have had no problems.

As an experiment I did try using the keyboard with a bluetooth dongle with my android tv pc which does not have built-in bluetooth support and this, not suprisingly, did not work as the necessary drivers/support was not available. I did not pursue this functionality as I use a standard 2.4g wireless keyboard and mouse with my android tv pc and this combination works very well. For information, I have successfully used my 2.4g wireless keyboard with my Nexus 10 using a OTG cable to connect a 2.4g wireless dongle to my tablet. I also use an app - external keyboard helper - to map keys that don't work as expected.

In summary, does what it says on the tin, good value for money, I would recomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 3 April 2015
This review is from: TeckNet® X331 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad and Multimedia Keys for PC, Android TV and others (Electronics)
The most surprising thing about this mini wireless keyboard is that it came with a rechargeable battery already inside it (mobile phone type). I either missed it in the detail or it doesn't actually clearly state that this keyboard does come with a rechargeable battery.

Charging is pretty quick to, maybe 1-2 hours to charge. Charge lasts well, can be weeks in fact but if your going to be leaving it for a few days, remember to switch the keyboard switch to off as I never and the battery had gone flat having been left for a couple of weeks.

I used it with an android TV box, and with the USB adapter plugged into the android TV box the keyboard worked first time with no setting up needed. Weather that was down to the keyboard or android box I don't know, but it worked right out of the box for me. And a decent price to for what you get.

Using it for my android TV box I was wandering if it would be any good for gaming. Whilst I've not fully tried it for android gaming yet as I can clearly see its gaming limitation for games that require a physical touch screen interaction (tower defence games as an example) the mini touch pad allows for playing Argry Birds at least easy enough once you get used to the controls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!, 21 Jan. 2015
This is great, especially considering how cheap it is. The battery life will last couple of weeks with normal daily use. I use it effectively as a remote control for my laptop, as I only watch TV through Netflix, iplayer etc and not live TV. The keypad is very small, not something you would want to be doing a lot of typing on, but it's ok if you just want to pop onto facebook, or amazon from your couch for a bit. The touchpad is not as accurate or easy to use as the laptop touchpad, but it's only half the size so that's to be expected, it's accurate enough to click on small links on a 40inch TV though. It's about as big as my palm and quite easy to hold. It's got both left and right mouse buttons, and some shortcut buttons, but I haven't tried them yet. All in all I've had it over 12 months now, and if I accidentally broke it I would definitely buy another. (For heavy users that need more battery life, it takes the same battery as the old nokia phones, from the N70 type phones, they're couple quid on ebay, although you'd need to use it constantly to need a spare, as it auto standbys if you're just watching a program, to save battery, just press a button to wake it up and it's ready instantly)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy even for twice the price, 26 Aug. 2014
I had used several other small keyboards like this in the past to control media centres at home. When the last Rii broke down quite soon after purchase I thought I'd try something new and went for the TeckNet. It's brilliant. Works well as far as range goes, the mouse is fairly useable and you've all the keys available without having to used fiddley functions modifiers (as for the Rii). The battery also lasts ages, even if you don't keep turning it off.

The device also stands up well to the attentions of angry toddlers and curious babies. I strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful gadget, 6 Jun. 2015
I'm very happy with this. I think there were several different variants available when I bought it, and I went for a Bluetooth one which takes AAA batteries (I'm glad I'd read reviews here which pointed me to the way to pair using the BT function key!)

I use it with a 7" Windows 8.1 tablet on occasions when I find the touch keyboard is taking up too much screen space, and friends have borrowed it to use with Android phones. The keyboard is tiny but perfectly usable as long as you are not trying to write a novel, and the little trackpad works surprisingly well. It does have a rather "cheap and cheerful" feel to it but functions very well with no noticeable lag, and the lightweight plastic construction means it is no trouble to carry around. The batteries seem to last well.

Service and communications from the seller were excellent. The first unit which I received had something rattling inside on arrival and a replacement was provided very promptly. Faults do sometimes occur, and the situation was handled so as to minimise inconvenience so did not detract from the rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good size, not big and not too small just ..., 28 Aug. 2014
This was my second purchase of a Bluetooth keyboard, and defenetly I am looking no more. Really good size, not big and not too small just perfect to put next to my side bed table and easy to carry it. The mouse pad is also a great feature as help you to scroll up and down easily. I think this devise is flawless. My laptop has Bluetooth including so I didn't even had to plug the mini receptor which is safely saved in a compartment inside next to the batteries. I absolutely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite gadget: I'm even writing this review with it, 6 Feb. 2015
My new favourite gadget: I'm even writing this review with it... Sure it's not as fast as a normal keyboard, but its size definitely makes up for that, and it can be a bit awkward for the left hand a first because of the trackpad, but trust me, it's worth having, as you don't have to also have that wireless mouse that's always sliding off things... There's also a scrollbar on the trackpad for those used to using one on a laptop, though for some reason it's horizontal (still works fine though on normal pages).

For anyone with a raspberry pi, I use this combined with one of those small touchscreens (2.3" or 4.3") and a power bank (such as the ones used for charging phones) and it makes for a very portable device, with parts scaled for the size of it, and without all the wires.

In summary: all the functionality of most full desktop keyboards in a very handy size. Awesome buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 20 Aug. 2014
I bought it for my android TV box and I couldn't be more satisfied. It is smal, light, charges really fast and the charging lasts for at least 5-6 days, depending of course from the use. I use my TV box daily for aprox. 5 hours, if that's any help. The distance between the mini keyboard and its receiver is less than 3 metres and it works like a charm, not sure for more than that though since my living room is not very big. All in all I am very happy with my wireless keyboard and the money I spent for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 27 Mar. 2014
Paul G "Paul" (Liverpool, England.) - See all my reviews
Love this mini keyboard, ideal for a media server computer in the living room.

Battery lasts well if you remember to keep it charged, and switched off when not in use.

Buttons are responsive and touchpad works just like a laptops touchpad.

Would buy it again if I needed another.