5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget
Exactly what I wanted to use with my 8 inch tablet, instructions do not mention to connect with Bluetooth device you need to press the "BT" key, with the shift key, this causes the blue LED to flash, you can then discover the device. This isn't mentioned in the brief instructions supplied but is on the US Amazon site.
Published 14 months ago by John Holland

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact but heavy on batteries
Works fairly well but unfortunately uses up batteries very quickly. I did not realise that it is not Bluetooth. it is a nice compact size. Still not bad for the price.
Published 15 months ago by Susan Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget, 29 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars First class customer service, 11 April 2014
J. R. Saunders (Los Romanes Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TeckNet® X331 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad and Multimedia Keys for PC, Android TV and others (Electronics)
I was at first delighted with this amazing little keypad, however, after a few weeks light use it failed. I am sure this was just bad luck as other buyers were writing rave reviews. I contacted Tecknet about the problem and they offered a replacement without quibble, or, as they were temporarily out of stock, gave me the option of a full refund. I accepted the refund and will have every confidence in dealing with them again in future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will buy again at this price when it inevitably keels over., 18 July 2014
Conehead (Thames Delta) - See all my reviews
Don't you just love it when you plug sonething in and "it just works"!
This was supplied to me very quickly at a great price.
All good so far then. Here's some less favourable observations;
The space bar is a bit stiff. The return key has a double action, a bit like a digital camera's "shutter release".
Otherwise, it's great. You do get what you pay for though, and this does have that <not terribly longlasting> look and feel about it "in the flesh"
One serious ommision (in my view) is that you cannot use the usb charge lead to hard wire it- say for a Raspberry Pi (for which you can buy the hard wired version- an unecessary duplication in my view) I can't see the wireless link being accesible at boot time. $0.02.

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact but heavy on batteries, 18 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy even for twice the price, 26 Aug. 2014
I had used several other small keyboards like this in the past to control media centres at home. When the last Rii broke down quite soon after purchase I thought I'd try something new and went for the TeckNet. It's brilliant. Works well as far as range goes, the mouse is fairly useable and you've all the keys available without having to used fiddley functions modifiers (as for the Rii). The battery also lasts ages, even if you don't keep turning it off.

The device also stands up well to the attentions of angry toddlers and curious babies. I strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 20 Aug. 2014
I bought it for my android TV box and I couldn't be more satisfied. It is smal, light, charges really fast and the charging lasts for at least 5-6 days, depending of course from the use. I use my TV box daily for aprox. 5 hours, if that's any help. The distance between the mini keyboard and its receiver is less than 3 metres and it works like a charm, not sure for more than that though since my living room is not very big. All in all I am very happy with my wireless keyboard and the money I spent for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, good value for money., 24 Nov. 2014
I bought this mini keyboard to control my Nexus 10 when it is plugged into my TV via an HDMI cable. I had no trouble connecting via bluetooth and it has a good range (~2M). When pairing the keyboard it appears as an iPazzPort.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a UK keyboard as the pictures do not show this (one reviewer did mention this).

The keys are quite small but I have found that they work ok and are possitive without being too 'clicky'. The touch pad works as well as could be expected from such a small area, but by using a combination of the tab key, cursor keys and touch pad I have had no problem selecting and controlling my Nexus 10. The video playback keys (fn + F2-F7) are useful but it would be nice if it was not necessary to hold down 2 keys, but this is a minor niggle.

The led light in the end is not very bright when using rechargable batteries but is better when using 'ordinary' batteries, but it is still not very bright, but I don't use this feature so I have not marked it down for this.

I have not used the bluetooth dongle that came with the keyboard, but the plastic cover of the dongle broke whilst trying to pull it from the battery compartment but a dab of super glue sorted this minor problem. If you pull the dongle out by the metal part of the dongle rather than the plastic you should have had no problems.

As an experiment I did try using the keyboard with a bluetooth dongle with my android tv pc which does not have built-in bluetooth support and this, not suprisingly, did not work as the necessary drivers/support was not available. I did not pursue this functionality as I use a standard 2.4g wireless keyboard and mouse with my android tv pc and this combination works very well. For information, I have successfully used my 2.4g wireless keyboard with my Nexus 10 using a OTG cable to connect a 2.4g wireless dongle to my tablet. I also use an app - external keyboard helper - to map keys that don't work as expected.

In summary, does what it says on the tin, good value for money, I would recomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good size, not big and not too small just ..., 28 Aug. 2014
This was my second purchase of a Bluetooth keyboard, and defenetly I am looking no more. Really good size, not big and not too small just perfect to put next to my side bed table and easy to carry it. The mouse pad is also a great feature as help you to scroll up and down easily. I think this devise is flawless. My laptop has Bluetooth including so I didn't even had to plug the mini receptor which is safely saved in a compartment inside next to the batteries. I absolutely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 3 April 2015
The most surprising thing about this mini wireless keyboard is that it came with a rechargeable battery already inside it (mobile phone type). I either missed it in the detail or it doesn't actually clearly state that this keyboard does come with a rechargeable battery.

Charging is pretty quick to, maybe 1-2 hours to charge. Charge lasts well, can be weeks in fact but if your going to be leaving it for a few days, remember to switch the keyboard switch to off as I never and the battery had gone flat having been left for a couple of weeks.

I used it with an android TV box, and with the USB adapter plugged into the android TV box the keyboard worked first time with no setting up needed. Weather that was down to the keyboard or android box I don't know, but it worked right out of the box for me. And a decent price to for what you get.

Using it for my android TV box I was wandering if it would be any good for gaming. Whilst I've not fully tried it for android gaming yet as I can clearly see its gaming limitation for games that require a physical touch screen interaction (tower defence games as an example) the mini touch pad allows for playing Argry Birds at least easy enough once you get used to the controls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!, 21 Jan. 2015
This is great, especially considering how cheap it is. The battery life will last couple of weeks with normal daily use. I use it effectively as a remote control for my laptop, as I only watch TV through Netflix, iplayer etc and not live TV. The keypad is very small, not something you would want to be doing a lot of typing on, but it's ok if you just want to pop onto facebook, or amazon from your couch for a bit. The touchpad is not as accurate or easy to use as the laptop touchpad, but it's only half the size so that's to be expected, it's accurate enough to click on small links on a 40inch TV though. It's about as big as my palm and quite easy to hold. It's got both left and right mouse buttons, and some shortcut buttons, but I haven't tried them yet. All in all I've had it over 12 months now, and if I accidentally broke it I would definitely buy another. (For heavy users that need more battery life, it takes the same battery as the old nokia phones, from the N70 type phones, they're couple quid on ebay, although you'd need to use it constantly to need a spare, as it auto standbys if you're just watching a program, to save battery, just press a button to wake it up and it's ready instantly)