5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy even for twice the price
Published 7 months ago by Matteus Blanc

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact but heavy on batteries
Works fairly well but unfortunately uses up batteries very quickly. I did not realise that it is not Bluetooth. it is a nice compact size. Still not bad for the price.
Published 13 months ago by Susan Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy even for twice the price, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: TeckNet® X331 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad and Multimedia Keys for PC, Android TV and others (Electronics)
I had used several other small keyboards like this in the past to control media centres at home. When the last Rii broke down quite soon after purchase I thought I'd try something new and went for the TeckNet. It's brilliant. Works well as far as range goes, the mouse is fairly useable and you've all the keys available without having to used fiddley functions modifiers (as for the Rii). The battery also lasts ages, even if you don't keep turning it off.

The device also stands up well to the attentions of angry toddlers and curious babies. I strongly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Feb. 2014
If like me, you do not subscribe to buying another tv because it is "smart" and you have a spare computer that you can hook up to your existing tv with hdmi, then by all means this is the product for you. Straight out of the pack, plug and play, and it was good to go. It has a plus for a rechargeable battery and charger. Its multimedia buttons are good and handy. I do believe I have not mentioned that it fits snugly into two hands, like a sony psp. Brilliant ergonomics.

A point of improvement for the manufacturer is to go easy on the buttons. They are little hard to press. Perhaps, years I reckon, of pressing make them softer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard: Good. USB Receiver: Bad., 29 Aug. 2014
The bluetooth keyboard is pretty much as youd expect. The size makes it a little fiddly to use, but it works perfectly well. It's clearly not really touch-type size, but is ideal for my android tablet. Mouse pad works fine, and the range is very good actually. A few metres easily.

Sadly the accompanying bluetooth USB receiver isn't so good. It died within a couple of days. Fair enough that it's a cheap and cheerful thing to replace (You can get them for well under a pound), but on the whole the keyboard is a little let down in this one aspect - if you're depending on the receiver, say to work a pc or laptop at a distance; don't. If you want the keyboard for something that already has bluetooth capability within it, you'll be just fine!

The light is a nice touch. A laser pointer might be nicer; but for those times when using the computer or tablet to watch movies, the light isn't an awful idea at all. Four stars because it was let down by the receiver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard works as decrbied, 8 May 2014
Firstly,I am glad a I read the reviews, the instructions talk about a "Bluetooth button" to start pairing. In fact the button to press is Fn and BT(F1). Also nice that it is a UK keyboard, i.e. £ is above 3.
The keyboard connected to my Lenovo Yoga 8 tablet, It is great to be able to select and enter text without finger marks on the screen. The small touchpad controls a mouse pointer quite well for the size. A bonus is that there is a Bluetooth USB stored in the battery compartment, this worked easily with my old laptop on XP to connect the keyboard.
It is worth noting that the device is titled for Android 3.0, it would not connect to my old Sony Xperia which is on Android 2.3.4.
I would recommend this product as described, not sure if the keyboard is a bit small for typing, but definitely works as advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value handy keyboard, 15 Jan. 2014
I bought this to use with my Android TV stick. I have not tried with a PC but it works fine with Android. First thing to do is insert the batteries and switch on the keyboard. Then 'pair' it to your device. (If yours doesn't already have bluetooth built in, you can use the supplied USB dongle). Pairing involves typing in a short series of numbers and you only need to do it the first time. After that, every time you switch on, it should connect automatically. Given its size and low price, they keyboard works well. It doesn't have backlighting like more expensive models and the keys are small but have a good positve action. The mousepad is reasonably responsive although only just big enough to use. Range seems fine, it works from across a room, and unlike infrared remotes, doesn't need line of sight. In summary then, it's basic but good value and works as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact but heavy on batteries, 18 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars First class customer service, 11 April 2014
J. R. Saunders (Los Romanes Spain) - See all my reviews
I was at first delighted with this amazing little keypad, however, after a few weeks light use it failed. I am sure this was just bad luck as other buyers were writing rave reviews. I contacted Tecknet about the problem and they offered a replacement without quibble, or, as they were temporarily out of stock, gave me the option of a full refund. I accepted the refund and will have every confidence in dealing with them again in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 20 Aug. 2014
I bought it for my android TV box and I couldn't be more satisfied. It is smal, light, charges really fast and the charging lasts for at least 5-6 days, depending of course from the use. I use my TV box daily for aprox. 5 hours, if that's any help. The distance between the mini keyboard and its receiver is less than 3 metres and it works like a charm, not sure for more than that though since my living room is not very big. All in all I am very happy with my wireless keyboard and the money I spent for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget, 29 Mar. 2014
Exactly what I wanted to use with my 8 inch tablet, instructions do not mention to connect with Bluetooth device you need to press the "BT" key, with the shift key, this causes the blue LED to flash, you can then discover the device. This isn't mentioned in the brief instructions supplied but is on the US Amazon site.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will buy again at this price when it inevitably keels over., 18 July 2014
Conehead (Thames Delta) - See all my reviews
Don't you just love it when you plug sonething in and "it just works"!
This was supplied to me very quickly at a great price.
All good so far then. Here's some less favourable observations;
The space bar is a bit stiff. The return key has a double action, a bit like a digital camera's "shutter release".
Otherwise, it's great. You do get what you pay for though, and this does have that <not terribly longlasting> look and feel about it "in the flesh"
One serious ommision (in my view) is that you cannot use the usb charge lead to hard wire it- say for a Raspberry Pi (for which you can buy the hard wired version- an unecessary duplication in my view) I can't see the wireless link being accesible at boot time. $0.02.