6,576 Reviews
 (5,445)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a...
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by Barry Graham

‹ Previous | 1570 571 572658 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Gift Cards - a wonderful option, 1 Feb 2011
J. M. D. Shaftoe "Sourcerer" (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
It's always difficult to decide what to get a friend or family as a gift that will be enjoyed and be of value. People have such differing tastes and we often make the mistake of buying something we would like which is not always appreciated by the recipient. I have found, because of the huge variety of 'stuff' available from Amazon from books to cookers, a gift card is a great option, allowing the person to choose for themselves what they want and when they want it. It's really easy to buy and send and is a winner as far as I am concerned. The only downside it that the recipient is aware of how much you are prepared to spend on them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Feb 2011
Reid Womack (Cave City, AR United States) - See all my reviews
Bought the gift card for a Christmas present for my niece who is studying abroad in Ireland. The free shipping to Ireland was a big plus. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal gift, 31 Jan 2011
A great way to send gifts to folks abroad who love reading and they can choose their own books and have them sent direct. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Gift Card, 31 Jan 2011
Twixie "Twixie" (Farnborough UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This went down very well with the recipient who was really pleased it could be used up in parts. The best birthday present for the person who seems to have everything but loves music or a good read.

It was easy to order, and I loved the fact that you could set it up in advance to be e-mailed on the day. A great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars gift card, 31 Jan 2011
A very good idea when sending a gift to anyone who is not local and you want them to have the choice of what they want

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon gift vouchers missing one thing..., 31 Jan 2011
The service was so convenient for gifting to family and friends when we were unable to make it to any stores in the UK. Only once thing missing, email notification that certificates we purchased had been received AND USED by our family. We had to keep asking if a certificate had been received OK or login to Amazon to try find out. Kind of made us feel like we were chasing for a thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Writing reviews. The downside of shopping on Amazon, 29 Jan 2011
I dislike emails that ask me to write reviews of the things I have bought. If Amazon's information is good enough, then it shouldn't be necessary. And this was a request for a review of a Gift Card. I sent it to my sister which means that I have never seen it, so I think it is pointless to ask me to write a review. Am I missing something here?

5.0 out of 5 stars E Gift Card, 29 Jan 2011
A good way of sending a present, and more convenient and secure than sending gift cards or vouchers by post.

5.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin!, 28 Jan 2011
Richard Lewis (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Amazon gift vouchers - a quick, easy and versatile gift, and just as easy to purchase. Only mistake I made was to purchase a sizable number of 1 vouchers, rather than obtain just one for the full amount, foolishly thinking that this might be more practical to allow the recipient to use these individually, in multiples, for more accurate purchases. Bad move - the recipient received a single email confirmation for each and every voucher purchased, rather than a single email detailing the whole gift! A bit of a shock when they opened up their email application and found the inbox full of notifications from Amazon! Purely my mistake at the time; I now realise that any balance left over following a purchase with these vouchers would still be available on account anyway, rather than lost as I (incorrectly) thought - so I could have/should have requested a single voucher for the whole amount and have done with it. Do-oh! Apart from that, vouchers dead easy to use, on all products, excellent gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Gift Card, 28 Jan 2011
What a great idea, especially as it can be emailed to the recipient. this was purchased on behalf of a member of my family as a Christmas present. As it was emailed it arrived promply.
Excellent, excellent!