Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 31 March 2014
Woot, the book that got me out of a book funk!

"They're love songs, baby. Love isn't always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful," he said. "Doesn't mean it isn't still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you. Doesn't mean I'm not crazy about you"

So what happens after you wake up, after a booze fuelled night and find out you married a Rock Star? And you do not remember a thing!

I loved David Ferris! I loved that he remembered everything and had wanted the marriage!

Do you have to sort of slightly have to suspend your disbelief? Well, yes - but, it is pure fantasy! I may be married with 2 kids, but seriously, who does not sometimes fantasize about the almost Cinderella like scenario - a handsome mover star/rock star etc sweeping you off your feet!

With a great cast of secondary characters - the band, family etc - it made for a fun, hot sexy read.

They had some issues to deal with and talk about. There was misunderstanding - but up until that point, and then afterwards, they talked through and communicated what they wanted/expected etc. Even the misunderstanding (which lets face it is such a predictable over used plot scenario) felt done in such a way as to truly move the couple forward to a better place.

An excellent 4 stars for me. And I bought the second in the series as soon as I had finished this one!
on 21 July 2013
**ARC received for honest review**

I've had this book sat on my kindle for a few weeks now but due to other book commitments I've only just had the chance to sit down and read it. This is the first Kylie Scott book I've read, despite numerous people recommending Flesh to me and I'm certain it won't be the last.

The book is told from Evelyn's POV. Ev wakes up to find a stranger sat with her in her hotel bathroom. She has no recollection of the night before or the stranger who has obviously cared for her during the night. You see it was Ev's birthday and her friend wanted to celebrate in style so they went to Vegas. Ev tries to remember the night before, but other than knowing she clearly drunk too much, that's it. Then she notices the ring! She got married?? Realising that Ev does not remember the night before, or her getting married to him, the stranger is hurt, tells Evelyn that he will get his lawyers to sort out a divorce and leaves - she doesn't even catch his name! He does seem vaguely familiar though.

Ev decides that she is not going to tell anyone, the divorce is being sorted, it was a drunken mistake. No one needs to know. She gets on a plane back home, thinking she's leaving it behind - you know that saying, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right? Unfortunately for Evelyn that's not the case. when she arrives home there are photographers awaiting her, you see Evelyn didn't just marry some guy, Evelyn married a member of a famous Rock band!

I absolutely loved the beginning of this book. I so totally felt for poor David in the hotel room, he obviously felt he had the best night of his life and then realising that Evelyn didn't remember it he was so hurt.

David has to come to Evelyn's rescue has she is being hounded by the press. He flies her to him, just until the divorce is sorted. when they meet again sparks fly and not in a good way, David is obviously hurt and is avoiding too much contact with Ev. Ev wants answers and David is not giving them.

Things don't go to plan though and David and Evelyn are forced to spend some time along together. Ev starts to doubt she wants a divorce without getting to know the guy, she must have seen something in him right?

David world is a complex one and he has a past, can he trust Evelyn enough to open up and show himself to her. can she trust him?

I loved them getting to know each other and the battle Evelyn had with herself and about letting go and trusting David. Her decisions where understandable and I loved how Kylie made the book feel different when they were alone compared to when they were in the limelight or dealing with band stuff because it was two different sides to David.

I really did enjoy this book so why am I giving it 4 starts not 5? Well if I'm honest I loved the start of the book and most of the way through until it hit 60 or 70%, I think for me it just lost something then, it was still a very good book, but just not quite on the same level. It did pick up again towards the end and I did enjoy the ending, but I cant help feeling a little disappointed back there.

You do meet the other members of the band, and as this is a series I'm guessing that the next books in the series will be about other band members. I loved loved loved Mal and cannot wait for his book, he was a great character.

If you haven't read this book yet, I think you definitely should.

for more of my reviews visit The Romance Cover Book blog
on 1 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book. What a shock waking up finding out your married. Only in Vegas!

Yep Evelyn could have handled things differently, but if you wake up without any recollection Of how the evening went then I guess shock, embarrassment and disbelief would be big on the list of feelings.

I thought David came across as a thoughtful caring person, until he realised she really didn't know that they had married! He had every right to be angry and walk away.

Mmm the party in LA, crazy mad but fair play to Ev she held get head high and sort if got on with it. Getting jealous, yep justified!

Loved Mal, he was friendly, and helpful, I am glad she had a friend whilst in this wierd situation, glad they started to get to know each other better, things were slowly working out!

They both hurt each other badly and when she walked I honestly thought that was it! So glad he was relentless in his persuit of keeping his marriage together, but you totally understood her reluctance.

He made me proud when he stood by her at her parents, and so did her brother, hoping that the road stays fairly smooth.
on 13 July 2013
I love it when I come across books like this, I knew I was going to enjoy it but what I didn't realise was just how much I was going to love it! Took me totally by surprise, I had a fair few laugh out loud moments, the banter between Lauren and Evelyn and then 'Child Bride' and Mal was so catchy, fun and just downright engaging. I absolutely 100% bought into Ev's character and also David's. He had me wanting to bash him a few times, had me close to tears a few others, had me saying 'oh my god no' and then had me ooohing and aaaahing and melting into a puddle at the rest. Their chemistry was undeniable.

Some bloody fantastic characters are waiting for you in this book, some not so nice, some smooch worthy, some endearing, some humorous, some nasty, some gorgeous. But what you will find is they are all absolutely 3D and they all colour the pages fantastically.

This is definitely up in my top ten favourite rock star reads, I will definitely re-read it again and probably many times more, I'm also definitely going to be reading all Kylie's other books both past and future releases. She has a knack with words and is in my eyes a very credible author, I am so glad I've found her.
on 17 February 2016
Really good enjoyable story with a good mixture of love. sex and twists to keep me reading till the crack of dawn.
When you cant go to sleep because you need to read another chapter and its 2 am you know its a good book for you!!!
At the end i got worried it was going to turn out badly but he never gave up on her and that was so lovely as men are not like that now days
usually.
I have ordered the next 3 of this series.
This book went straight into being gripping from the start and it was an unusual one which i liked because some books can be a bit samey.
This got my attention and i would definetly recommend its a sweet story of rock star meets ordinary girl who grounds him and makes his like real.
on 8 December 2014
Originally published at Rookie Romance.

Oh man, I am so thankful that Pan Macmillan sent me a copy of Lick to review because who knows how long it might have taken me to read the Stage Dive books otherwise. And I would have been missing out big time. I usually um and ah about rock star romances because they can sometimes be kinda cheesy, but this is just so great! Not a hint of cheese.

Evelyn has everything planned out in life, but to celebrate her 21st birthday she heads to Las Vegas to let her hair down one last time. She wakes up the next morning hugging the loo and with a big old ring on her finger. Add in to the equation a gorgeous tattooed man in her bed, and you can put two and two together. Unfortunately Ev doesn't remember much from the night before which puts a dampener on the beginning of her whirlwind relationship with David...her husband...who happens to be in a famous band. Yeah, what a night she had! Ev is a pretty awesome character. She's definitely not afraid to stand up for herself and isn't intimidated or unduly impressed by David's rock star status.

David is also a pretty awesome character (what can I say, it's a pretty awesome book). He is hurt by Ev's reaction the morning after their marriage and he does his best to erect walls around his heart to protect himself. Silly boy. David has his issues but he's a total sweetheart when he lets himself be- even if like a typical guy he does the jackass thing once in a while.

David and Ev are so cute together, and I'm impressed they managed to develop such a sweet relationship together considering their rocky start. It wasn't going to be easy, considering their totally different lifestyles and some skeletons in David's closet, but it's so worth it.

Lick is one of those books that really grabs your attention. I challenge anyone to read this book and not get caught up in David and Ev's story- plus, there are some fab secondary characters in the book, including David's bandmates who will each have their own story later in the series. Next up is Mal's book, and I can't wait.

*I received a review copy from the publisher for my honest opinion. Thank you!
on 5 November 2015
Absolutely loved this book, fantastic story. David and Evelyn met in Vegas one drunken night and got married! When she wakes up the next morning, Evelyn has no recollection of the previous evening. It turns out that David is lead guitarist in one of the biggest bands around, not that Evelyn recognises him or follows his band. When it is apparent that the situation is not going to just go away, they try to make the best of a bad situation. Evelyn spends the next few months learning what it's liked to be married to a rock star - not easy. Lawyers, fans and a bitch of an ex girlfriend, all make for an interesting story full of love, lust, passion and heartbreak.
on 15 November 2015
What is that saying? What happens in Vegas stays there, well what happens if it also involves a hot rockstar and a romance that will melt your socks off. I loved this story and i read it at first a bit ago, but i got a chance to re-read it and my love for it grew even more. Yeah rockstars can be wild partiers and lead lives of excess but i always find they love with excess and i enjoy reading that. This is not an easy romance , it comes up against hard times but the joy of the book is also how the characters work through this and make up :). There is also great supporting characters in this story. Fantastic read
on 26 July 2014
This book had one of the all-time best beginnings ever, I really liked it because the norm in rock star books is that the rocker is the drunk irresponsible one, that cannot remember what happened.
But Kylie has thrown a curve ball by making the heroine the one who has know idea who this guy is or why he is in her hotel room or the fact that he is now her husband! Brilliant.

David is sweet,sensitive and attentive to Evelyn, he is a great guy. David does have moments of being a douche, he has reasons for his behaviour and he was always protective and putting Evelyn’s needs before his.

Evelyn is such a normal character she doesn’t have any drama as such which I found refreshing.

The chemistry and sex scenes are fantastic I just loved this couple.
The banter and conversations between David and Evelyn are funny at times, but they can be sweet and meaningful too. Kylie Scott’s way of writing really pulls you in.

“Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful,” he said. “Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you.”
The plot keeps you hooked and the story flows really well.
Lick is sweet, sexy, cute, funny, heart warming hot love story.
I highly recommend this book, and cannot wait to read the next in the series Play: Stage Dive series 2 (Stage Dive Series Book 2)
on 22 May 2014
What happens in Vegas? This book got me hooked from the offset. Evelyn wakes up on a bathroom floor with no recollection of the night before only to find a gorgeous, inked man and a massive diamond ring on her finger. At this point I felt bad for him because it was obvious that he remembered what happened while she has no clue. Now came the choice of divorce or stay married.

After being hounded by the press, she must step into the world of her husband and finds that she’s not really wanted or accepted by many, even David who didn’t seem all too pleased she was there. She managed to take it all in her stride however, and when the spark between her and David began to show, they grabbed it and tried to make it work. The chemistry between them was apparent and helped make the fact that they were together seem right.

I love how the story focused on the two main characters rather than the ‘rock-star’ world, making it a more personal read as the issues faced are found in many relationship. We get to see how they reacted to each situation that was thrown at them and deal with it in a believable way rather than it being farfetched and over the top. There were instances of heartbreak and these weren’t resolved immediately and I liked that they had to work to repair their relationship, rather than a simple fix that you see in so many books.

This book is so well paced and flows beautifully that it enables you to connect and fall in love with the characters and the story, while allowing us to see the foundations that their relationship was built upon. A blend of heartbreak, laughter and hotness that shows us what happens in Vegas, doesn’t always stay in Vegas. Although the first in the series it can be read as a standalone but I REALLY can’t wait for Mal’s story.