5.0 out of 5 stars Learning how to let go of self imposed barriers to love.
I have been looking forward to getting my hands on this wonderful book. I love Tara Brach's podcasts, and I have some of her other books and audiobooks.

Tara is a gem, and you do not need to live near Washington DC to benefit from her life-enhancing teachings.

Published 23 months ago by caravia 27

3.0 out of 5 stars then it is a good
A little bit a the time, then it is a good read
Published 4 months ago by Walden

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning how to let go of self imposed barriers to love., 22 Jan 2013

Many of Tara's recent and upcoming talks and podcasts draw upon themes and stories highlighted in this book "True Refuge". One from several weeks ago, entitled "Barriers to Loving Presence" opens with these words from Rumi:

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

If you want to free your heart, this book might be just what you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 6 Jan 2014
I loved Tara's first book and often listen to the free meditations on her site so was excited to read True Refuge. Again, she brings her wisdom and experience to the reader in an accessible and easy to understand way. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly wonderful book !, 21 Oct 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who is feeling in need of comfort and love ! No criticisms at all...it is deeply caring and wise.....
and contains so much to help us all....and this world in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 22 April 2013
Fabulous book and very easy to read. Full of wisdom and meditations to guide you on your way. Cant find the words to recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise, warm, compassionate, liberating., 22 Jan 2014
Self-help junkie (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I tried to read Tara's earlier book but got a bit bogged down in it. I'm getting on so much better with her new title (this one)! She writes from the heart and seems to have a real knack for putting her finger on so many of the issues that I (everyone?) struggles with as we try to live peaceful, fulfilling lives.
This is a book I shall return to many times, I know: on my first read I have restrained myself from highlighting key passages - I suspect that when I do go back to do this, the pages will be covered in yellow!
A really timely book for me. Hope it meets your needs too.

5.0 out of 5 stars true refuge, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: True Refuge: Finding Peace and Freedom in Your Own Awakened Heart (Kindle Edition)
I am a big big fan of Tara, after watching and listening to her teachings on YouTube she has helped me to look at life differently. Great book great read backs up everything you believe in!! Sending you warmth and love,and may happiness follow you everywhere!!

Nameste

Peter

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift, 19 Mar 2014
The feedback I have had on it was very very positive ,I would recommend this to anyone,any wish them the good fortune to have as much benifit as my friend had.

3.0 out of 5 stars then it is a good, 25 Aug 2014
A little bit a the time, then it is a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
Really good easy to read hard to put down explained Mindfullness well
Useful as self help

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, 13 Mar 2014
I bought this after reading exerts in the Sunday supplement. Lost interest quite quickly. Very 'American' so found it difficult to relate to much of the writing.