4.0 out of 5 stars Handy charging gadget, larger than expected but works
Really handy to keep at the side of my desk for charging multiple devices. I'm not convinced that the 2A ports charge as fast as they should, but they do charge my tablet fine. Slightly larger than expected, but overall it looks good, works well and is silent in operation. Recommended.
Published 8 months ago by dazkg

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent except not USB charging spec
Really happy with this except one thing: it doesn't follow the USB charging specification.

Unfortunately this means a lot of devices (including my Nexus 7) will only charge at 500mA. Not that the charger is under-powered: electrically it can supply plenty of power - it just doesn't properly signal that to the device!

A dedicated charging cable, as...
Published 6 months ago by me

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy charging gadget, larger than expected but works, 29 Dec 2013
dazkg (Chesterfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TeckNet Universal 31W 5V / 6A 4-Port USB Wall Charger Compact Portable Travel Charger for iPads, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4 3GS, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S4 S3 S2, Note 3, Google Nexus, Raspberry Pi and Android Devices, One Unique Charger for One Family - Black (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect - just needs two minor, reversible modifications., 5 Mar 2014
J. Hoey - See all my reviews
Electrically this functions exactly as I need it to - it is silent, doesn't produce any noticeable heat, doesn't make my touchscreen devices jitter while plugged in, and the fact that it takes a standard figure-8 power cord makes it easy to place it where it's needed.

I made two very minor, reversible modifications to mine.

Firstly, as many people have noted, the blue status light is exceptionally bright. I covered it with a bit of tape, as I'm sure many other owners have done.

Secondly, the bottom surface is very smooth, and it slides around the desk. I simply added four self-adhesive rubber feet and now it's rock-solid.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good little gadget for your gadgets!, 30 Jan 2014
Like most people today, I have more than one gadget that needs to be charged overnight on a regular bases. For me, it's a tablet and a phone. I've gone through a few different chargers, that have either buzzed, started to give a burning smell, or haven't charged like they were suppose to. (They averaged their charging power over the different ports, instead of giving each port the power as marked.)

I would highly recommend this charger. It's worth spending the little extra over other chargers to get this one. As I say, I have gone through enough chargers to know, this one has been doing it's job nicely for over a month now.

It chargers everything just as well as the stock chargers I have.

The only con I would say, is that the blue light is a very, very bright light. I've raided my husbands tool box, and covered the light with a bit of black electrical tape. After all, the devices themselves tend to have a marker of some sort, that they are charging. Otherwise the blue light would make for a very good night light by itself!

I have to say, it was also sent out quickly, and well packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent except not USB charging spec, 24 Feb 2014

A dedicated charging cable, as can be bought elsewhere on Amazon, will get around this and allow things to charge at full speed. Alternatively, there are plenty of tutorials on how to butcher a normal cable to do the same thing.

Apart from this problem, it's a great gadget and excellent value. The ports are clearly labelled with their rating unlike some competing models, and all 4 ports can be used at their maximum rating simultaneously.

P.S. for the technically inclined, the data pins need to be shorted together (and aren't). Shame there isn't an easy way to get into the charger, otherwise it would be 4 simple solder connections to solve everything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 13 April 2014
Very useful for those who have to charge multi devices via usb. great price, great performance. Strongly recommended. A perfect choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 7 April 2014
A little bigger than expected but do the job very well, great charger for all types of electronic devices, also fast charge, the blue status light is very bright.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I wanted!, 12 Mar 2014
I needed something that would charge my I pad, blue tooth headset and two phones and I only had two sockets, this bit of kit does the job perfectly, the only problem I have is the Bright Blue LED on the front it, I have it plugged into a socket in the bedroom and it lights the whole room up, a bit of black electrical tape has solved the problem. I have now bought 3 of these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 'little' USB power source, 7 Feb 2014
I bought this item both for powering my Respberry PI and Chromecast devices, and charging my various portable devices. I was a little worried about the number of 2amp port on the power source, but it turns out that I one really need the 2amp ports for charging my iPad, the RPi is happy with a 1amp port.

The unit is slightly larger than I would have expected. It's not massive by any means and I keep it behind the TV, so it's not really an issue.

The only annoying bit about the product is that the blue LED in the front is REALLY bright. Again, the unit is behind my TV, so it's not much of an issue, but when the lights are off in my living room, the whole room glows blue. I could probably fix this issue with some sticky tape ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Feb 2014
works perfectly with all my electrical gadgets. some chargers cant charge my blackberry but this does it well. i would recommend this to anyone who is haveing trouble with the amount of usb socket plugs in their house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
A little to big but i am happy with it.