on 26 August 2014
This is the first time I have set up a flood and drain system, so perhaps this is just due to my inexperience. I was expecting the pebbles to stay submerged, at least after a few good soakings, however these pebbles are so light that they always float to the surface of the water, and lift a significant quantity of the pebbles above the water line.Thus they do not provide a stable media in which to grow small plants. I am still working on a solution for this problem. Also, although they say they are pre-washed, they came with a significant amount of clay dust on them, and even after washing several times they deposited a layer of silt in my tank. This would not be a problem if a more patient person washed them more thoroughly before using.
on 11 September 2014
This is the first time I have used these for gardening and I have been very pleased. They hold water at the base of my pots and have stopped the compost drying out too quickly. Even in the hot weather we have had this year my plants have stayed healthy. Also as they are so lightweight, they have not added too much weight to the pots which enables them to be moved around. Much better then broken crocks and I will be using these from now on. I even put some into the centre of my tall strawberry pot.
on 4 June 2015
very good product I found very little dust whereas the red hydroton pebbles needed a lot of washing before use, making Vitalink a very good product very easy to work with- plants respond well to this product..it is a five star product will reccomend.
on 31 August 2014
What can you write about small clay granules except they are the business for hydroponic growing and they are so difficult to get except on line.
on 17 November 2014
ok but not really shaped
on 4 July 2014
Excellent for hydro, good for garden and potting mixes.
on 6 September 2014
Arrived in good condition. Excellent.
on 7 June 2014
Ideal for the bottom of patio tubs to save weight and watering. TV always says broken crocks but I don't get them! Going to need another bag (or 3)
on 11 May 2015