on 2 December 2013
I heard this song on Radio 2 and loved the beautiful lyrics and music, so purchased it to listen to whenever I want to.
on 9 January 2014
absolutely beautiful song, sung with feeling by sophie. hope the album is like this! every now and again something new really stands out as quality, and i hope this gets the recognition it deserves!
on 31 January 2014
Amazing voice, a vocal talent that's been underrated in my view. Can't get enough of this track and will be buying the album on CD, lovely.
on 4 August 2015
I bought this for a friend who wanted this track as part of their playlist for their wedding ceremony that I was preparing – that will give you an idea of the calibre of this track. The lyrics are fantastic and the vocals are simply superb. This really is one of those tracks that “gets you” and you have to own.
A fantastic melody that has longevity and class.
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2014
First listen and it was nice....but after several it's beauty really hit me.
I used to hang around with Sophie and a group of us, during school holidays and this song makes me think of those long gone days.
It reminds me of the end of summer, getting older and having kids and missing your childhood.
Just stunning but makes me cry.
on 11 February 2014
I've always liked Sophie's music, which is usually very upbeat. This single however, is a ballad and I have to say, I couldn't believe it was her singing it! It's beautiful. I'm definitely enjoying a whole new side of Ms Bextor. This makes me want to listen to the whole album!
on 23 January 2014
Generally speaking Sophie Ellis-Bextor's voice is not for me. That's not a criticism of her, just my personal preference. However, I heard Youngblood on the radio and ended up downloading the single as I thought it was beautifully written, very haunting and sung so movingly.
on 9 January 2014
I think this beautiful song by Sophie is well written with a superb arrangement and beautifully sung with passion, will appeal to all those "soppy" people on the Planet
on 8 January 2014
What a refreshing change to hear a beautifully sung love song...haunting music and you can hear the lyrics. One of those songs that lingers in your mind all day - lovely!
on 28 January 2014
I've never been a Sophie Ellis-Bextor fan particularly but I love this track. It's so beautiful and in my view by far the best thing she's ever done. Superb.