on 19 August 2014
This was bought to replace an old but cherished ER6100 and frankly, it's a disappointment. Using the ER6700 for solving crosswords, it's not as easy to find the definition of a chosen word - there's no obvious connection between word solver and dictionary, so that switching from the word solver to dictionary simply closes the word solver and opens the dictionary, losing the chosen word. On the ER6100, switching from word solver to dictionary revealed definitions of the chosen word, and you could simply click "BACK" to return to word solver. I have found how to switch between functions on the ER6700 but it's not as obvious - by using "ENTER". I still haven't found a connection between word solver and encyclopaedia. There are several other niggly points - I was expecting a desk size version; instead I have an item the same size as the ER6100, without the lid which made it portable. The ER6100 also held more words on the screen, so reducing the scrolling. One good feature is the use of a single AAA battery - these can be bought anywhere
on 19 March 2014
This item was bought as a replacement for my old one. It is unnecessarily more complicated but the worse aspects are :

a) there is no "Clear" button. To perform this action requires two fingers on two buttons.
b) if a word appears in Solve which you don't know, the function to switch directly to Dictionary no longer exists. Instead, you have to retype the word into the Dictionary section. Very long-winded.

A disappointing buy
on 16 December 2013
I originally purchased an ER3700 which I found lacked a dictionary and was very very slow. This is much better and worth the extra money. Extremely fast and I wouldn't be without it.
on 23 April 2015
Re. My newly acquired Seiko ER6700 Wordfinder.
I am very disappointed with this device. My old Seiko Model ER 6100 of 12 years gave excellent service, the ER6700 is only about 40% functional, a most unimpressive machine.
The “Dictionary”, “Thesaurus”, and “Encyclopaedia” functions cannot be relied on to produce the correct word e.g. I typed in the word Guggenheim in the “Encyclopaedia” and it insisted on Guidedogs!!! This is but one of the many examples. There is less than a 40% chance of having the word I entered interpreted correctly.
Furthermore, what ever happened to the “Clear” button? A function universally used on calculators, cell phones, computational devices etc. Instead we have to use 2 key-functions to reset to normal.
Are you sure this product was designed and built by Seiko or are they manufacturing under license? It is inconceivable that it was designed and built by the team that produced the ER6100!
Yours sincerely
Trevor Tee
on 3 January 2014
delivered on time a reset required before it would start,which is easy enough.easy to read good size keyboard fast processeur after two weeks runnning no problems
on 22 February 2014
Excellent product, but I returned the first one as the ON button did not always respond to the first/second or more presses. The Seiko ER6700 was replaced but there is still the same problem with the ON button on the replacement. However the unit is so good I feel inclined to accept this niggle, but if anyone can throw light on this particular issue I would be pleased to hear about it
on 18 January 2014
We found a few features disappointing , Does not have a clear button, and the whole thing is a bit on the small size
on 3 January 2014
not as precise as my old one changes the word that you tap in really annoying would not recommend it
on 17 October 2015
I join those who have criticised this device as a very poor replacement for its no longer available predecessor, the ER6100 which I have used for many years in my capacity as a professional crossword compiler. On complaining to Seiko I was told I and other reviewers who slated it had not read the manual properly. That may be so, but I bought a much cheaper Franklin CBS 1500 instead and didn't need the manual at all. Within minutes I had mastered it and found it a huge improvement on both Seiko devices. Don't be put off by the lukewarm Franklin reviews. They all relate to the fact that its screen is packed with data, making the characters on the small side. Unless you need a guide dog, this should not be a problem. I am nearly 80 anfd awaiting a second cataracts operation and I can read the screen fine! And the Seiko just doesn't last.
on 18 June 2014
In my opionion it is worthy of 5 stars because it has everything you need. I missed a "clear" button until I got used to using the "shift" and "back" buttons. However, in most cases you can just go onto your next subject. I would recommend this to my friends and all crossward fans.