5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this!
Published 7 months ago by The Demon Librarian

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought this after reading the reviews
and to be honest I just don't get it.
I normally enjoy paranormal romances but this one just does not do it for me.

I find the constant turmoil of the two main characters getting very old after the 3rd or 4th time, yes I get they want to break the bond and yes I know they are both drawn to each other but does the author have to keep on at it every other...
Published 6 months ago by waterdragon

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this!, 4 Dec 2013
The Demon Librarian (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
What a fantastic Paranormal Romance this was! It had everything I could hope for - great worldbuilding, nice mix of supernatural species, great story concept with heartfelt consequences, brilliantly sensual romance scenes between likeable characters - AND none of the stuff that usually drives me ever-so-slightly mad in this genre, like meat-head alpha douchcanoe heroes. In fact, our hero, Loren, was practically perfect in every way (just like Mary Poppins), and Olivia, our leading lady, was intelligent, loyal, practical, and a lot sexier than she gave herself credit for. The pair of them had positively sizzling chemistry that was just as sweet as it was sexy. I loved them together! Love, love, loved.

So aside from the delightful and sinfully sexy romance, what else do you get in Kissed by a Dark Prince? Oh, lots of lovely things! Let's start with - Elves as you've never seen them before. As an ancient, noble race who are the forefathers of vampires (their less powerful, completely dark and twisty descendants). Great magical fripparies such as portals to other dimensions, armour that appears or peels back with just a thought. The ability to teleport any object they own to themselves in times of need. And this is just what the Elves can do -there are other species that we will no doubt get to in future books who sound just as fascinating!

Back to the romance for a second - I really enjoyed how the fated mates trope was done slightly differently here. It was still a bit of a growly I-can't-help-myself-you-smell-so-yummy situation, but then when that calmed, they took more of a practical approach to deciding if they should agree with destiny, or try to break the bond before it became permanent. As naive and futile as that endeavour might be. And Loren and Olivia's reasons for wanting to attempt that were compelling and believable, rather than just being an obvious ploy to create conflict. This was a much less infuriating road to take than others I've read, and I really appreciated it.

This has been my first ever Felicity Heaton book, but you can bet your bottom dollar (and your ass) it will not be my last! I simply cannot wait for more of this series and will snaffle up the next book as soon as it becomes available.

Great read!!

5 Stars ★★★★★
ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous start to a new series!!!!!, 30 Nov 2013
'Kissed by a Dark Prince' is the first book in a new series from Felicity Heaton. I have been (not so) patiently waiting for this book since Felicity first mentioned her ideas for the series some time ago.
Set in London around the same time as the VET books, the Eternal Mates series introduces another world to explore and is full of new and interesting paranormal species - this delights me as PNR is my favourite genre!

The heroine, Olivia, is a female scientist who works with a demon hunting organisation called 'Archangel' - there she studies paranormal specimens to identify & discover more about them.
Loren, our Hero is an elf prince who mysteriously turns up literally on the doorstep of the building Olivia works in.
Waking up in a strange place, injured and out of sorts Loren needs blood to help him heal. Disoriented and with the allure of her blood too much to resist, Loren bites Olivia and a mating bond between the 2 of them starts to form.
We soon discover there are unknown, darker forces at work and Olivia & Loren meeting is more than just a coincidence........

As ever, Felicity brings us an action packed, fast paced story with a deliciously hot hero, a feisty heroine, mystery, some twists & turns, a bit of humour and a healthy dose of heat & passion.

Throughout the story we are introduced to Sable, a demon hunter who works with Olivia, and Bleu who is Loren's best friend & right hand man - I <3 Bleu and can't wait to read more about him....
There's a few other characters involved in Loren & Olivia's story new & old (see if you can spot a surprise appearance by someone from VET!! - can't wait to see who else pops up in future books!) ;-) but rather than tell you about them all I'm gonna leave you to meet them yourself - I'm really looking forward to catching up with them all in their own stories!!

I am a huge fan of Felicity's work and have loved all that I've read. Kissed by a Dark Prince is a definite 5* hit for me and I'm sure the rest of The Eternal Mates series is gonna be just as fantastic!!!

Fans of Felicity's books will love this new world - and if you haven't yet read anything by Felicity, grab yourself a copy of 'Kissed' and see what you've been missing!!!

**I received an ARC copy from the author in return for an honest review**

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 July 2014
A. M. Hitchcock "alison1949" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
Product as described, A+++

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, 22 Jun 2014
Sufficently different take on vampire lore to make it interesting, this book is the first in a new series. Olivia finds herself bitten by Loren, an Elven Prince. He discovers she is his mate, and seeks to BREAK the bond, to save his kingdom. Add an evil brother hell bent on killing Loren, and a wicked witch, you got a hell of a tale!

really liked it, not quite a five star read, but 4.5, most definiately! Loved that we heard from both Olivia and Loren, and loved the neat tricks the Elven men could do, the armour, especially!

its well written, moves along, with quite a bit of world building, but its not told to you all in one fell swoop, you get bits here and there. I loved the interaction between Olivia and Loren when she is telling him off, and speaking her mind, HE loves it too, being a prince not many will tell him what they think. It leads into the next book well, with an overlap of characters. im hoping that Loren and Olivia play a part in that one too.

i have read one or two other books by Heaton, but will be on the lookout for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark prince, 26 April 2014
Great read loved the characters and story lines can't wait for the next book highly recommend this book can't wait to get started

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 10 April 2014
Could not put the book down!! Superb story & love the characters :) looking forward to the next one in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 1 April 2014
I have had this book on my kindle for a while and I'm sorry I have, this book was brillInt!! Good blend of a storyline, lust, rage & aww moments!!

Can't wait to read the next book

5.0 out of 5 stars first, 10 Mar 2014
fiona (lesmahagow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This was the first book of ms Heaton i read so glad i did as you can see ended up falling in love with her books and charecters so glad i found you ms Heaton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kissed by a Dark Prince Review, 26 Feb 2014
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews
The first book in the Eternal Mates series is a riveting paranormal read. I was totally caught up in the story from beginning to end and I found that there were some refreshing unique ideas that definitely attracted my attention and changed things up. I was also taken in by the characters and want follow up with their stories so this is one paranormal series that is definitely being added to my ‘to buy’ list.

See my full review at: Paranormal Haven .com

5.0 out of 5 stars Kissed by a Dark Prince, 21 Feb 2014
Take one Elven Prince with a psychopathic brother. Add in one human scientist who has had a couple of dodgy relationships with 'others'. Mix them together and what do you get? A seriously hot, funny and sexy story, filled with twists, turns and action.

This book is the start of a series so there is lots of groundwork to be done so that you understand where you are. There is so much in this book to grasp but it's done in such a way that it is a pleasure to read, not a chore. Personally, I want some of Loren and Bleu's armour that covers and retracts at a thought!

This book is another all-rounder by Felicity Heaton. It has everything that you could ask for in a Paranormal Romance genre. You have Loren who is Alpha Male 100%. You have Olivia who is 'slightly' lacking in self-confidence but who isn't afraid to tell Loren when she thinks he is wrong. You have gadgets and gizmos, you have elves, demons and vampire plus a twisted witch or two. Absolutely wonderful. Definitely recommended for all PR fans.