on 20 June 2014
So as another reviewer mentioned; the clasps on this case broke after about the 2nd opening; they are not flexible and do not fold out like in the image; so as you open it you end up bending the black plastic clasps and they just snap.

Also; I've found that the magnetic hex bit holder is wonky, but then again I've not found one that is completely straight anywhere. But some of the other pieces aren't straight either. The flat bits; 2 of them have are straight but the hex part on the end is not and so putting into a driver or a shallow drill means they wobble all over the place.
Some pieces are so difficult to get out whereas some just fall out and rattle about.

The drill bits seem fantastic though. Perfectly straight, very sharp, cant find any defects. As are the counter sinks; perfectly straight again.
I'll see if I can get a replacement from Amazon to see if the bits are straight in a replacement and give it another go; perhaps changing my review if they are better. If they are not; then this will go down to 1 star as there's no point buying a kit with bent flat blade bits in...
on 18 September 2014
A good selection of drill bits for the price.

There are quite a few screw driver bits included - possibly more than you are likely to necessarily need.
But, for an all round first drill bit set, you cant go far wrong.

So far, they are all still sharp and work exceptionally well.

I am a casual DIY-er so they are unlikely to get a great deal of use in a short space of time but for the tasks they have been used, the job was done in seconds!

However, the catches on the case are a little disappointing. One has already broken after probably 3-4 openings. a workaround may be to just remove the lid entirely due to the point mentioned below.
Sometimes it can be a little fiddly to get some of the drill bits out of as they can be very close to the length of the allotted space. That said, they don't drop out everywhere - you cant have it both ways.

Excellent products in the case. Which is really the main purpose for buying this item..
on 27 August 2015
As others have said, some of the pieces are not of very good quality. I've found that the chuck is so wonky it's unusable, and a few of the heads are also not very straight. For the most part, the drill bits are of very good quality. I burned through the phillips head screwdriver bits pretty quickly, they are very soft. As I bought this set in a lightning sale, I would say overall it's not bad quality for the money, but I would have been disappointed if I had paid anything like full price.
on 30 May 2014
While the drills etc appear to be very good Quality and man enough for most tasks the same cannot be said for the case. The case is made of very brittle plastic and the catches are very poor. The day I received the set I opened the case and on the third time of opening one of the catches sheared off. I tried to get a replacment case from the supplier but they wanted the whole set returned. I had by this time drilled a hole in the case to put in a bolt and wing nut to secure it. I told them what I had done and they gave me a refund of £5. I tried to get a case from Makita and they once again wanted the full set returned. I turned this down as I needed the drill this week and not several weeks later. Not very happy !!!
on 21 December 2015
Seems like a good set although I am yet to use the majority of the bits. Like other people are saying, the plastic snaps easily but thin plastic does tend to. For £14 I can't complain
on 27 August 2015
PURCHASED FOR MY BOYFRIENDS BIRTHDAY, HE LOVES THEM AS HAS JUST BOUGHT MAKITA DRILLLS. :)
on 5 September 2015
Everything you need to get started, just be careful to cut the zip ties before opening
on 6 February 2016
excellent, I bought a yale latch lock and was lucky to have this set as i've never had a 32mm drill bit before.
work great and have been used multiple times to drill a bolt that wouldn't turn, the yale lock and general DIY holes such as for TV brackets and clothes lines.
on 21 May 2015
Does the job. The box isn't great, but the tools seem fine.
on 30 December 2015
Cheap and cheerful. Not trade quality, but this is a perfect little kit for the home diyer, don't expect the worlds best quality at this price, but for a good kit that's quite capable, lots of variety, and for use around the home, this is ideal!