5.0 out of 5 stars Teddy who?, 19 Mar 2013
A. Flynt (detroit, mi) - See all my reviews
My opinion: the group sound is better. The harmonies are plush. The gospel flavor that Pendergrass brought is absent and much easier for me to enjoy. I am still waiting for the compact disc release of this fine piece of music. Mind you I obtained this lp when it was originally released. So my patience is to be lauded. I think this was the first release after Teddy left the group so it is easy to hear the slightly different direction that Harold took the Blue Notes,but this album for me was a welcome change.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece Rediscovered, 17 Dec 2013
C. Slater "Chris Slater" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reaching for the World (Audio CD)
Many thanks to PTG records for finally producing CD version of this lost classic! I've searched in vain for many years to replace my disappeared vinyl copy, and now, at last, it is possible. Whilst not having the tonal range of the LP pressing, this is a good quality reproduction, and what really matters is the quality of the music, which more than matches my memory of the original. Particular favourites are "After You Love Me" and "Stay Together", both mid-tempo, harmonically-sophisticated Philly soul, and the up-tempo tunes like "Reaching For The World" are the height of mid-70s classic dance music, before the dead hand of disco took over the world. It's always been incomprehensible to me why this record was never more widely known & highly regarded. Perhaps now a few more fans will get the chance to spread the word!

Reaching for the World
Reaching for the World by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes (Audio CD - 2013)