5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item at a bargain price, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Aves Sapphire Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with iPod Dock - Wood Veneer (Electronics)
This is deceptive system that maybe actually utilising the 15RMS Watt per channel it quotes. Whilst I purchased this elsewhere, I thought it prudent to give a quantified verbatim as I use Amazon a lot and value others feedback. I will be brief. Quality of build is good. Set up easy. Blue tooth and 3.5mm jack interface flawless (not tried Ipod (apple franchise) as cant stand the brand due to how rubbish Itunes is and their smart phone are now behind on display size) so cannot comment here on interface). Volume impressive, Frequency response and range is reasonable and bass is impressive. Overall a crisp basey sound. (Even when I set my graphic equaliser to high base and high end - there was minimal distortion at high volume) I paid £27 incl delivery for this and would easily pay £100 now I know the performance. I have the BOSE CD radio system (>£300) and its almost as good as this!!!! (but obviously you don't get a radio or CD player). Blue tooth range in the house through walls was around 20ft before breakup so only really good for 1 adjacent room. I have not experienced a quality of sound from such a low cost system. I'm no audiophile although I love my beyerdynamic DT770 PRO headphones and do appreciate the difference in sound (my home LINN system is in excess of £5k). Friends have already said they want this AVES system after a one off listen. Get these - around £40 on Amazon is a phenomenal deal. Its got 5 stars from me for sound based on price. Not soley for best sound - For that spend more money - 5x more....

5.0 out of 5 stars Punches way above it`s weight..., 18 Jan 2014
Looked at high street products before seeing this and for £40 you don`t get much, you`re lucky to find a 10 Watt 2-speaker affair. This has 4 speakers to deliver bass and high frequencies delivering 30 Watts in total. I don`t use iphones so I can`t comment on the dock feature, but bluetooth playback from my Toshiba laptop and Samsung S4 mobile is faultless with a deep, rich sound. The bass is powerful enough to have to turn it off to keep the neighbours happy, leaving some in reserve to pound the floor when needed. I was expecting to have to live with a weaker sound considering the price I wanted to pay so I`m more than happy. Bluetooth speakers and docks are the in-thing at the moment (Jan 2014), and I do feel the high street is cashing in... you can pay £25 for a single 1.5W speaker in Argos.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic value for money!, 22 Jan 2014
This product is quality and for the price is Fantastic. I would highly recommend it and would have paid more!
I like the fact that there are different settings for different styles of music, not always available on cheapest priced systems.

The wood effect is good quality, and the product comes well packaged.

Took only 48 hours to arrive.
Very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound, versatile, a little underpowered, 29 Jan 2014
The sound quality via bluetooth is great, and it's very easy to get android devices to connect to it.

The wood grain looks really good. The acoustic cloth not quite the same quality, but overall it's very presentable.

Turn it up flat out, and well, it's not that loud. I think some other reviewers said they would use it for a party. I wish my neighbours used it for their parties!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bookshelf speaker, 1 Jan 2014
I bought this so I could have something to play music from phones and my computer. It was reasonably priced and the specs looked good. I have been so impressed by this speaker I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Connecting via Bluetooth is as simple as it could be, and the sound quality is very good indeed. It also goes quite loud for parties but can also keep the definition of sound at low volumes as well. After looking at the massive number of different speakers, I'm very happy I went with this one

5.0 out of 5 stars bluetooth speaker, 10 April 2014
I bought this to use with music from my nokia lumia windows phone. It appears to be well made and I found it easy to connect using bluetooth. The sound quality is surprisingly good considering the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for the price, 1 April 2014
Bought this one based on amazon reviews since the brand is not very known and there aren't many opinions/reviews on the internet.

Unboxing: The unit is not small, you can have an idea of its size by taking the ipod connector as reference. It seems to feature a solid build quality. One thing it might be worth mentioning, the transformer is built into the unit, so for all the people from european countries (except uk), you can actually replace the default UK power plug with a 2-pin EU plug, this reduces the bulkiness of the UK plug+adapter. Thats what i did and it looks better now.

the ipod dock: i don't have any kind of apple device, so I don't use it, however I bought an adapter ipod->micro usb so I can charge my phone (beaware, no audio transmission through this connector). The 3 buttons placed on the unit (power+volume) are CHEAP ones, when pressing them you hear that CLACK sound typical from cheap buttons. This should be better designed.

sound quality: it's quite good for the price. I use the unit in my bedroom and the sound fills the room easily. When connected by bluetooth there's some white noise that you can listen if you are too close to the unit and the sound is not lound enough to superimpose the noise. This white noise thing does not happen if you connect by aux or though the ipod connector. Comparing with the bose soundlink, the latter feature a better sound, more detailed (the 200€ difference must mean something).

I like the unit and I think it was an awesome choice for the price. Honestly what i dislike the most is actually the cheap quality of the buttons on the unit. Other than that I'm quite happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and brilliant company to buy from, 12 Mar 2014
Would highly recommend this Bluetooth speaker/I pod Dock to anyone. It looks good in the front room, is brilliant quality and has an excellent sound system. The company were one of the best I have ever purchased from, sending emails to update on the shipment and the actual time of arrival which was spot on!

Well pleased with my purchase and the price paid for it. Would recommend to anyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop searching, but it., 12 Mar 2014
Ivanhoe (thornton-cleveleys, lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Love it.
Sounds terrific, easy to set up, can't believe it was so cheap. £120 on aves website!
Might not be enough to satisfy the stereo geeks who baulked at paying less than an years salary but for the rest of us at£40 it looks great and sounds great, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality 4 the price, 8 Mar 2014
absolutely perfect, good quality for the price, fast to configure and perfect for easy listening.
Very good to have the remote as well.