5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
"How to Deal with Depression and Be Happy" by Beau Norton is a very useful and down to earth approach to dealing with a very widespread disease of the mind.
Published 15 months ago by ChristophFischerBooks

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Didn't really understand it.
Published 1 month ago by Guitarlass

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: How to Deal with Depression and Be Happy: Overcome Depression, Relieve Anxiety, Reduce Stress, and Be Happy Again (Overcoming Depression Naturally) (Kindle Edition)
I have dealt with the problem myself at moments in my life and I must second Norton in his easy and yet inspired methods. Many people believe that only analysis or medication can help the sufferers of depression, others tell you to just 'get over yourself', but this may not be necessary for all sufferers. Modern ways of living and minor habits and unconstructive behaviour patterns can cause a lot of problems.
Norton draws from his own experience and provides a lot of easy remedies and simple techniques, such as mental and physical exercise, a healthy diet and breathing techniques to combat the illness.
His suggestions are methods that are recommended by experts in the field in variations but which have never been put together so well structured and unpretentiously, in my opinion.
I have used many of these strategies in similar ways - even when not depressed - and have found that they had a profound impact on my mental state, happiness and attitude.
Whether you are suffering right now, have done so in the past or just feel a little low at times -
try some of Norton's ideas and see your life improve.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful book that I can recommend., 25 Nov. 2013
I am one of those people that can become very anxious and simply fretful. Worrying seems to be my natural state so any ideas I can find that helps ease this state of mind are invaluable. This books details a number of good methods that have eased and even eradicated some of the anxieties I have been feeling recently.
Irrational thoughts are an ongoing problem for me and one exercise in particular really helped - the thought awareness exercise. Very good at pinpointing what is happening and using a solid method to deal with it. This is a useful book that I can recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly practical and useful guide, 27 Aug. 2014
What I really liked about this book was the practicality of the advice given. A lot of other self help books I've read give endless amounts of theoretical ideas that look great on paper but there's no clear way of implementing them.

This book gives specific exercises that you can start using right away. I'd defiantly recommend this to anyone whose going through a low point in there lives and are struggling with the vicious cycle of negatives thoughts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good News, 11 July 2014
A very practical book outlining how you can start to come to grips with depression and start to feel better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, 25 April 2014
Really good easy to understand , I love how the kindle works just click on the page sorted no waiting for a parcel amazing idea

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 19 Mar. 2014
really enjoyed reading this and would recommend it to any one who suffers from depression I'm looking forward to my journey ahead. From reading a few books about depression and being happy I think this book will help me :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read For Anyone With Depression & Wishing To Be Happy, 11 Mar. 2014
If you are suffering from depression or chronic anxieties, than I would strongly recommend you read this helpful guide; and if you are not but want to increase your overall happiness levels, I would still recommend this book. Why do I say this? Well the strategies to which Beau mentions within this guide can be applied to anybody (depressed and non-depressed) in order to make you feel better.

Without giving away too much about the book, I’d like to mention that one particular strategy which Beau mentions is the importance of Meditation – whereby within few minutes of focused breathing, etc, you can physiologically calm yourself down, detach yourself from your thoughts as so to be not caught up in the urgency which they portray. The reason I bring this up is because I can personally vouch from personal experience how meditation is a marvellous tool for easing chronic anxieties.

This book is written up in a very friendly, easy to follow manner. You can tell how in the outlining of this guide, Beau has taken the time to properly lay out the instructions on how to carry out each of the strategies revealed in order to help one overcome the stress. A 5 Star Book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn how to get happy quickly and get over feeling blue, 20 Feb. 2015
This is a very hand guide to help you deal with depression and learn how to be happy instead. I will be keeping this book on my desk to reference to when I am feeling the blues or a little bit down. Easy to follow advice to help get you back on track and in a good frame of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 23 Aug. 2014
Short but very useful as it gives some very good tips on how to view your world and improve your life.I am not sure it is the definitive answer but points the way.There are plenty of supplementary books for those who wish to pursue specific areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live life happier by reading this book!, 30 Aug. 2014
Life is not perfect. We may encounter struggles and depressions along the way of our journey to life. But yet we have to stand up again and move forward. This book would guide us on how to manage depression and live a happy life.