5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy Purchase
Published 15 months ago by Jon B

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
The spring inside makes a noise under certain conditions, with a lot of bass in the song.
Published 2 months ago by Nigel

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy Purchase, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: XMI X-Mini ME XAM16-B Portable Thumb Size Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black (Electronics)
I was enticed into buying this as it was a lightning deal around Boxing Day. It wasn't something I'd have normally thought of purchasing but I'm truly glad I did! For such a small speaker (it really is small) the sound is brilliant! It doesn't struggle to produce a big sound and it certainly doesn't sound tinny. If you're phone speaker etc isn't good enough for you, this is a worthy purchase. I haven't used it enough to run the battery life down yet, so I'm unsure about charging time etc, but the sound alone makes it easy to justify buying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tiny speaker, 15 July 2014
J. R. Perrett (London, England) - See all my reviews
My laptop has poor speakers and this little thing transforms the listening experience and along with amazing portability. Initially shocked how loud it was and had to turn speaker down to get comfortable sound. Will work with any device that accepts headphone mini-jack , most smartphones and Ipad are fine under battery power but will need USB to charge it at some point. The lead supplied is phone and usb with only short cables so will not cover more than 3 inch distance, fortunately mine were next to one another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound quality, 31 Dec. 2013
I was lucky enough to order this speaker at a reduced price but it's definitely worth every penny of the full price.
It's tiny and, at first sight, you might believe the sound quality wouldn't be that good. It's more than good, it's amazing. The volume on my mp3 goes up to 32 but I can use this speaker at 20. On regular earphones I would have to use at 32 to have a fairly good sound quality.
It has a lead with three connections. One is a micro usb and plugs into the speaker. There is a normal usb connector and a connector that plugs into the headphone socket of the mp3 player. It needs to be charged for 6 hours before use.
I am very happy with my purchase and would fully recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend it! Get one for your kids (or the kid inside you). You'll not regret this!, 13 Jan. 2015
This is definatelly the best mini bluetooth speaker available for now - for such a price! I have arround 10-12 portable speakers, but X-Mini are one of my favourites. I was waiting for KAI 2 to be released in Europe, as it's the best small bluetooth speaker. You can't believe how good it sounds for it's size. Opening it will "unleash" the bass with such a force that the speaker is actually moving on the table. Forunately they made it a little harder to move, and you can also use the "protective cover" to "pin it down".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little, highly-portable, speaker., 12 Oct. 2014
L. K. Turner (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
For its size it is a great little speaker, light and highly portable with a rugged finish so that it isn't easily damaged. I'd recommend it to anyone who just wants to boost the sound from their phone or tablet. It is really light andtakes up no room in a suitcase (a consideration with budget airlines!), I use when teaching groups of people and the sound from my iPad isn't sufficient to carry to the back of the room - the mini speaker does its job perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT TRAVEL COMPANION, 5 Feb. 2015
Simply WOW.

I had the original X-Mini.... that was good, but thought I would take a leap and go for this bluetooth unit. The ceramic driver seems to make a massive difference in volume levels and sound reproduction.

I can't get over how loud this thing can go and how much base is reproduced with little or no distortion. I use this when travelling, and it easily fills a hotel room with sound as if it was coming from a large static stereo system.

This beats the original (already impressive) X-Mini.

VERY HAPPY

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Dec. 2013
If your looking for something small but it doesn't compromise the sound or the music quality. Then this is it. I have just recently purchased my speaker and fell in love with it instantly. It's strong, lightweight and very easy to use. I highly recommend this product to anyone who's searching for a pocket sized speaker with great sound.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 11 Feb. 2015

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and great sound., 4 July 2014
It is fantastic for its size. The sound quality is great and it's an easy thing to throw into a bag and take places.

I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't lost the volume control that the old model had. The lack of an inbuilt cable is annoying to me, but I think I'm just being picky.

It's definitely worth the money and it's the only speaker I use for lots of purposes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact fun, 27 April 2014
D. Close (uk) - See all my reviews
Great little speaker lead is a bit short sound quality is good for size and battery life is good buy one