5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most engaging UK business people I know
I first came across Ian Brodie a few years ago when I was referred to one of his blog posts from a popular business forum that I was part of. After reading his site for an hour or so, I realised that he really did 'know his onions' and I immediately subscribed to hear more information from him...via email (so yes, it does work!)

I am a marketing professional...
Published 7 months ago by Matt Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Very Basic Content
Having read all the great reviews on this product I was really looking forward to getting stuck in. Things have moved on in this area of marketing very fast - so unless you have been living in deep space for the last 5 years and just returned to earth you will find nothing in this book that the most basic internet search won't reveal. I bought this book as I was looking...
Published 7 days ago by Foxy Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Email Persuasion: Captivate and Engage Your Audience, Build Authority and Generate More Sales With Email Marketing (Kindle Edition)
Clearly written in common sense language.

A must read for anyone in sales and marketing.

Ian's approach is simple but effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Persuading people to OPEN emails. Successfully..., 9 Dec 2013
Frederic J. Wade "John Wade" (England) - See all my reviews
I've worked with and followed Ian for some time now, and always get value for money. This latest approach resonates with me, and Ian again adopts a pragmatic attitude, talks common sense, and adds a liberal dose of what he calls humour. Buy this book. You will learn practical and immediately usable tips to gain credibility with followers, and concert prospects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple steps to successful campaigns in plain English, 9 Dec 2013
WheelchairSteve (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
I've waited a long time for a book that could take me from my current position of a lot of contacts but no strategy to market my services to them, Ian's book has set me on my way perfectly. It's full of simple ideas and steps to follow that anyone can implement from day one.

I'm on my way to creating a strategic approach to my marketing for the first time thanks to Ian's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will get beginners started and will improve your current practice, 9 Dec 2013
Email marketing sounds a simple subject, it's only letters after all. In fact it takes more thinking and planning than you would expect. I speak as an occasional, and rather poor user of the method. Ian's book takes you through email marketing from start to finish. He makes the thinking and planning easier with simple tools and guides that are written in day-to-day language. Following his advice will get you started with effective email marketing as quickly and painlessly as possible. If you are already using it, the depth of the information will easily show you how to make it easier and more effective. There are a couple of real gems in the book. E.g. how email companies track engagement and if your mails are not being read, they will eventually send your mail to spam! (The moral of the point is to keep your list clean and active.) He's also generous with acknowledgments and signposting to other email marketing experts with links to additional tools and resources.

If you want to get more customers and more engaged customers, I recommend you buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Guide to Using Email to Market High Value Products, Programs and Services, 9 Dec 2013
You can get a lot of free stuff on the internet about email marketing, but very little of it will give you what Ian's book contains. After 12 years in the marketing game, this is the first book I've seen that really shows you how to use email for marketing high value products and services. The other stuff merely covers email to market ebooks, consumer goods and low level internet marketing stuff. Ian is the real deal, and he knows what works through real live doing it, extensive research and honing the results to perfection. I'll be using this as my EMAIL MARKETING BIBLE, and if you're serious about making email work in a massive way to sell high end programs and big ticket products, you should to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 9 Dec 2013
Craig Alan Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
A very good book for businesses of all sizes who are looking to develop and use an email marketing campaign to attract and win new clients and to develop a relationship with existing clients. The book brings in Ian's extensive knowledge of this subject and his years of using this marketing approach himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian Brodie is the guru of email marketing!, 9 Dec 2013
I have been seriously impressed by Ian Brodie over the last two years. He's somebody who consistently emails me and has emails worth reading! The reason for that is that he adds value - content, ideas, insights - in his writing. And his book is no different. Personally, I have had big success using Linkedin, but having read his book I think I am missing a trick - I really should be using email marketing as well. He makes a strong and compelling case and then shows how. So, anyone interested in this field is not going to be disappointed. Ian oozes sincerity and his prose is really straight-talking all the way. I recommend you buy his book - you will find a cornucopia of ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian has persuaded me, 9 Dec 2013
I have been exchanging information with Ian for quite a few weeks. His work resonates with the theories I used when teaching on both under-graduate and post-graduate courses. His ideas are well founded and supported by authority, I find them extremely useful. This latest work will be extremely relevant to all engaged in business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tips based on experience, 9 Dec 2013
Great book. Full of practical tips, but the best bit about the book are the comments from Ian sharing his own experience and insights. For example (Ian talking about setting the opt-in for your mailing lists):

"While double opt-in is the safest bet for many people, I personally use single opt-in. I get close to zero spam reports (everyone gets some, even it it's just because it's easier to hit the spam button than to click unsubscribe)."

If you're the type of person that likes to learn from other people then this book is exactly what you need to get better at email marketing. Ian covers it all with his own learnings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 28 Nov 2013
Ian's book is packed full of ideas and techniques that you can easily and immediately apply to improve your marketing results. It is written in plain and simple English and he has an engaging style of writing that I really enjoyed.
The book provides a simple step-by-step and common sense guide to clearly show how you can build an extensive list of subscribers and convert them into paying clients.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to attract more clients to their business.