Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 28 March 2014
I've now read all of Cathy Glass's books and also enjoy similar authors such as Casey Watson and Rosie Lewis. I'd been eagerly awaiting this new release and I wasn't disappointed. The story goes back to when Cathy's children, Adrian and Paula were much younger and a seven year old girl, Beth comes to stay after her father suffers a nervous breakdown. Cathy's starts to notice that there is something not quite right about Beth's relationship with her father and gradually all becomes clear. Cathy has mentioned in her previous books her divorce from her husband and this covers the period when Cathy's marriage to her husband John broke down, something that I found as interesting as the story with Beth. Well done Cathy Glass and what a tough cookie you are! I can't wait for her next release and have it on pre order.
on 28 March 2014
cathy glass is a brilliant author i have read all her books so hard to put the book down once you start reading it and it makes you realise there are some wonderful foster carers out there who take on some very difficult children and make them feel loved again
on 28 March 2014
Read this book in one day. Absolutely brilliant account of Beth's foster placement. Another fabulous book by Cathy. I've read all her books now and I can't wait for future releases. Keep writing Cathy xx
on 28 February 2016
I started to read this book on holiday, it was very easy to read and I finished it in 3 days. The girl in the story was fascinating & the issues of emotional insest was something I'd never even heard of before. Caths explains what it is very clearly and in great detail and the way she handles the situation amongst Beth being in care was great. I fell in love with Beth and like Cathy felt very judgemental towards the father before I had gotten all the facts. The book helps you understand that as humans we are very judgemental about things that we don't understand or don't have the full facts on. Once the child and the father seek professional help its very easy to fall in live with both the characters. I did however know from previous Caths Glass books that she was divorced so she talked about how this came about from the story told of this foster child. I have a great respect for Cathy on how she manages to control her personal life in able to protect her children and I feel that she handled her situation in an extremely brave and calm way which I don't think I would have been able to do. this was a great holiday read actually even though the issues discussed where hard and heart breaking.
on 28 June 2014
This is a book I found extremely interesting to read - if a little uncomfortable. I'd heard of incest, just not emotional incest. Beth is put into Cathys care and throughout the book, listening to phone conversations between Beth and her dad, Derek, you assume he has abused her. She slept in his bed at home with him, she woild get very upset and jealous of any other woman being in his company. Likewise, he would constantly br asking what shes wearing (she would put on a dress, makeup and heels just fr the phone contact yo describe it to him) and he treat her more like a partner than a daughter. Derek has some serious depression and once these allegations are out he reacts badly. With a lot of support and professional help both Derek and Beth are able to come to terms with their emotional incest and learn how to form a proper father/daughter relationship. I found this an interesting read because it makes you think how easily relationships can be distorted and turned into something rather uncomfortable.
on 29 March 2014
I am a big fan of Cathy Glass and have read all her books now. This one was pre-ordered for my Kindle and as usual, did not disappoint. It tells the story of Beth, who was fostered some years ago by Cathy. I had never heard of the term 'emotional incest' and it was fascinating to learn about it, as the book progressed. Also, it was very hard to read about the breakdown of Cathy's marriage, which happened at around the same time a Beth was being cared for. I knew that Cathy and her husband were no longer together, from her later books, but it was as hard to read about the breakdown as it must have been for her to write about it. Truly an incredible and inspirational lady. I can highly recommend this book and would give it more than 5 stars, if that was possible. Don't miss it. You will not be disappointed.
on 21 May 2016
on 8 July 2015
I live cathys books and have read all her books since i saw the first one on the shelves,i cant wait for her books to come out now i have to pre order,inly trouble is i read to quick as once you start you cant put it down and then im trying find another to fill my time for her next to to cone out,shes a legend and amazing woman and foster carers dont get enough credit,these kids have gone frm bad places (some) to a great home where for some can relax and be a child for the first time ever and see what love is,some books iv laughed at,some iv cried but ive loved every one ive read,please read u wont regret it,if u like true life books and read casey watsons then cathy glass books will blow u away!!
on 8 September 2014
a sensitive subject but so repetitive. minute detail of normal life
VINE VOICEon 3 April 2014
I've read all of Cathy's books and although some people may feel they're all the same, I think it's nice to get an insight into foster carers/social workers.

In this book we meet Beth whose stay with Cathy is because her father has had a nervous breakdown, but things are not what they seem and it comes to light that Beth and her father have an 'emotional incest' relationship (II'd not come across this before).

Because this story goes back to when Cathy's children were younger, we also find out why Cathy was divorced from her husband. Although the divorce is mentioned in other books, this time we find out the reason why.

A not put-down-able read.