5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Pedometer - the CSX Walking 3D Pedometer
Published 15 months ago by E J Woodnutt

1.0 out of 5 stars I had to ask for a refund! My one ...
I had to ask for a refund! My one did not count steps reliably and was inconsistant. The distributor was five stars as they authorised the refund without asking for the item to be returned. As an ex QA manager I take a dim view of manufacturers using their customers to do their quality control for them.
Published 6 months ago by Exfilthyrag

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Pedometer - the CSX Walking 3D Pedometer, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: CSX Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Strap & eBook - Accurate Step Counter, Distance Miles and Km, Calorie Counter, Daily Target Progress Monitor, 7 Day Memory, Exercise Time - White - with Tri-Axis Stepometer Technology | 18 Month Warranty (Misc.)
I recently purchased two of the CSX Walking 3D Pedometers and my wife and I have been using them now for just over two weeks. We are both delighted with them as they are by far and away the best pedometers we have owned. Very clear instructions are provided to assist in setting them up (a link to an online video is provided to assist in this, together with an option to download a 'big print' version of the paper instructions that arrive with the product). The pedometer is robust, easy to read and provides daily step and total step counter, distance travelled (a choice of miles or kilometres is available), calories burned and time taken. A brilliant feature is the 7 day memory allowing us to look back over the week's effort. The pedometers arrived very quickly, a couple of days after ordering online. They were very well packed together with the instructions mentioned. In addition to the usual email from Amazon notifying me of delivery date, I received a further one following delivery from the co-founder of CSX-Competitive Sport Extreme asking me if I was satisfied with their product and providing links to the video set up instructions and big print version already mentioned. A third, and most useful link was also provided to an e book 'Walk Yourself Fitter' by Patrick Dale. Easy to access and read, this contains useful advice and guidance on walking, including kit, diet and motivational pieces. As stated earlier, we are delighted with the pedometers and I just wish that the communication, support and customer relations provided with them by CSX was mirrored by all other companies selling goods online. The 5 stars are more than deserved!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Pedometer, 25 April 2014
I have had this product for about a month. I couldn't be happier with it. It arrived promptly (before the estimated time of arrival) and was securely packaged. I found it extremely easy to set up and I was up and running in no time at all. The clip provided is extremely sturdy and you can clip it onto your trousers and forget all about it. It's a breeze to use and it logs things like steps taken, total distance covered and calories burned. I have found this product to be incredibly accurate, and I like the 7 day memory which allows you to track your progress for the week. I am quite competitive when playing sport with others, but have found that I am also competitive with myself. I like to see if I can beat the "steps taken" on the previous day, and now find myself taking the odd flight of stairs instead of an escalator just to get those few extra steps in! A great feature it has is the "target" feature which you can set, and it beeps once you have reached your target.
This is real value for money, and if you are looking to purchase a Pedometer then look no further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look no further - this is it!, 25 Dec. 2014
When reading the blurb on products that claim outstanding properties; making wild claims purporting to be the best thing since sliced bread, I tend to raise my eyebrows and click-on.

But wait!!

THIS item is the real deal. I read the heading that says 'accurate' and thought 'Oh yeah??' Then I read the reviews and said to myself: 'These people work for CSX'. There was just something about the product that screamed 'No really - I can do those things'.

Ok, so contacted CSX customer support (Kerstin) - asked a few questions and was almost immediately replied to!! Hmmm. I remember emailing again pointing out that the delivery date was 23 Dec!!

Could they deliver THAT quickly at THIS time of year??

Well, I tracked it all the way to delivery and it was EARLY!! Yes, I know the delivery date is an estimate but when you hear stories in the news about companies not being able to fulfill their delivery promises - it makes you wonder.

Long story short? Emails answered promptly! Item delivered early!! So here's the test. Does it ACTUALLY work (well you have to ask). ??

Well, after an easy set-up with the online PDF link I was walking all over the place at the slightest opportunity. Gotta test it, haven't you??

I think the display is clear and yes, the clip is VERY secure. The battery (according to Kerstin) lasts for a year. Its suggested that if its in a pocket it shouldn't 'bounce around' but since I use the clip, that shouldn't be an issue. Oh, and the 18 month guarantee, of course.....you know....just in case ;-) But all should be ok.

Bottom line: It does what 'it says on the tin'; its very accurate (and NO!! I'm don't work for them!!)

YMMV

5.0 out of 5 stars CSX Walking 3D pedometer, 24 Mar. 2014
I ordered this because it was straightforward and I set it up without any difficulty and am now tracking my fitness level every day

1.0 out of 5 stars I had to ask for a refund! My one ..., 11 Nov. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking more, 12 Mar. 2014
I was asked by a friend about how far I walk in my new job which involves alot of walking.. I had no answer and since I'm planning to lose weight I thought this would be useful.. It is easy to use and fits well on the belt.. No faults so far..

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing little gadget, 26 Sept. 2014
I bought this pedometre a little while ago but thought I'd wait and see if it turned out to be a one day wonder before I wrote a review. So, here we are, a good month on and it's transformed the way I think and feel about keeping fit and active. To start with, on an reasonably active day I just about achieved the 10,000 steps the experts recommend but what really shocked me was that on a lazy day I would be lucky to get stagger to 1500. Which represents a very sorry 7 minutes of moving in a day. Which shocked me into action, let me tell you. Even today's 10,300 steps only represents 77 minutes of actual walking/activity which is not a lot out of the day is it? So ..... now I understand why we're all getting bigger. We all know that we should eat less and move more but I, like many people I suspect, thought I moved about and was a LOT more active than I was. I was one those people who would say 'I'm always on my feet'. Turns out I was standing still most of the time .... So, now my little friend Pedro and I go everywhere together. I use it without the clip (nestles invisibly in your bra, ladies) so I can forget about it. I have a check of it each night and am steadily building up my daily rate. I've even lost a couple of lbs and I'm much more inclined to get up and about. Very simple to set up, and I'm technically a bit useless if I'm honest. Couldn't recommend it more - I'm convinced it's going to have major health benefits for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars inaccurate as pedometer, 10 Jan. 2015
Dreadful. Very inaccurate step counting. Jumped from 101 to 167 just by putting in pocket and taking out again. Repeated test of walking 100 steps and seeing what it recorded many times and it varied from 107 to 189 so the results are not trustworthy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 14 July 2014
Mr. Paul J. Reid (UK) - See all my reviews
I have had this a couple of weeks. While accurate when it works it keeps switching itself off....and I need to re-seat battery to get it to work.Cannot recommend based on my experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 8 May 2015
I found this pedometer to be superior to others I have used and which measured individual steps. I have found other cheaper pedometers to be less reliable to the point where I stopped using them. I don’t pretend to understand the technology behind this one but, in essence, it detects when ten steps have been taken and only then registers the count. This means that inadvertent bumps don’t advance the reading and introduce inaccuracies. The dimensions are: 75mm x 35mm x 13mm (thick). The actual screen size is 35mm x 19mm giving a legible readout.
It has a separate clip which is broad and strong allowing it to be secured on a belt. There is also a cord. Personally I prefer not to use the clip, although I could imagine many would find it convenient. If I did use the clip I would use it in conjunction with the included cord just in case some movement caused the pedometer to be dislodged and lost. I haven’t experienced it flipping out of the clip but since it clips in I suppose it could clip out. Using the cord together with the clip is a safeguard. This is particularly convenient when wearing Mountain Equipment trousers (bags) which have a suitably positioned D ring separate from the belt loops.
The pedometer is well shaped with sloping ends allowing it to be slipped easily in and out of a pocket, my preferred method of carrying. That’s all I have in the pocket to prevent screen scuffing. The buttons are well positioned being flush and sloping slightly downwards towards the screen, rather than being proud of the surface, and so are less susceptible to inadvertent operation when you sit down.
In principle calculating your stride length is quite straightforward but in practice it is difficult to arrive at a precise figure. I had to do many more than the recommended three measurements of ten typical strides because each set of measurements was significantly wayward. Once you have measured ten strides divide by ten to find the length of an individual stride. For several days I had my stride length set at 33 inches but eventually refined the accuracy to 29. This is significant over long walks. Once I settled on a length I have been impressed with the operational
accuracy and the reliability. I have the pedometer primarily to register steps taken and distance covered. It also registers active time and discounts periods of rest. There is a battery saving sleep mode. I am less interested in calories burnt, although I have entered the requisite body weight data, so I cannot comment on know how accurate this function is. I have found the steps taken, distance covered and active time to be accurate and reliable. The pedometer reading resets at midnight so you are automatically prepared for the next day’s activity. You can also set a daily target, for example 5000 steps, and be automatically alerted when this target is reached. Cancel this function if you are carrying it while, for example, at the theatre. There is an automatic seven day memory which is very helpful. In the accompanying instructions there is a link to an online video demonstrating how to set up the pedometer. This is more helpful than the written instructions. It is now priced at £20, rather than £19.99, to qualify for free delivery without one needing to subscribe to Amazon Prime. The supplier follows up the purchase to ask for feedback and to answer any queries. I found this to be very helpful. I would certainly recommend this pedometer.