on 3 December 2013
World Circuit have always had their finger on the pulse when it comes to sourcing top quality World Music. From classic tracks from Buena Vista Social Club, to new acquisitions from Fatoumata Diawara, this sampler perfectly sums up the label and gives you a nice little taster of the diversity in sounds they cover. And it's free too, you can't go wrong!
on 2 December 2013
Highly recommend this album, what a great collection of tracks! Love World Circuit - one of the best world music labels out there.
on 2 December 2013
I was familiar with this wonderful label through their Buena Vista Social Club releases but this comp has afforded me (it's FREE!) the opportunity to sample some of the other delights they have brought forth to the world.

I didn't realise how essential cuban doo-wop would be to my life but Los Zafiros have shown me the light, El Combo de los Galleros have further convinced me of the charms of Cumbia and every music magazine ever was right about how wonderful the combined talents of Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabate are... And that is but the tip of the iceberg!

An essential download.
I don't know much about any of the artists on this sampler and I am no expert on World Music. Having said that, this is a mix of music from Africa and South America and sometiems a mix of the 2. The sound qulaity is great. The music is exciting, interesting and entertaining. This is a complilation that is really worth getting and it works really well. A really good listen. I will be checking out more from some of the artists from this sampler. A truly great sampler which is in itself a very good album. Highly recommended.
If you like World Music then this is a great sampler to download, especially whilst it is free. World Circuit Records specialize in Cuban and West African music, and that is what you have here; sixteen great tracks by some of their artistes.

I will admit that I already have some tracks by some of the artistes here, but there were a couple that I have only heard of the name of the person, not any music by them, so this was great to try them out. I would say on the whole that if you are thinking of getting this but don't really know much about what the music is like, click on the samples and try them first. In all though this is quite easy listening and should appeal to a broad section of people.
on 2 December 2013
Such a great selection of music, the perfect buy for the lovers of traditional Cuban music in its best forms. Thank you!
on 12 December 2013
Nick gold produces the best world music currently available. Listen to the selections and then buy some of the albums. Unlike most samplers, where they pick one of the best tracks, world Circuit albums are 'all killer, no filler' so buy in confidence.
on 2 December 2013
A great compilation/roundup of tracks form one of the best world music labels with some very high-profile names such as Ali Farka Toure And Ferrer. Great for those looking to dip into this scene for the first time. Highly recommend this album!
on 1 January 2014
Surprised that this was offered for free. I'd have paid for it! Mostly Latin or African - maybe other world music could have been included but that is being nit picky. Overall a good selection with some outstanding tracks.
on 20 January 2014
This has now become part of my day - I listen to the songs (on shuffle) on the way to Uni, on the way home, in the bath, at the shops. You name it, I've got it on - it's brilliant and so diverse.