4.0 out of 5 stars One Direction = UP
Published 3 months ago by DJN

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected a new unopened one
Purchased a new unopened one but when I received it the casting had no cellafane on it and the case was all cracked. The disc did not even look genuine. Returned with no problems and then received the new one I was expecting. Finally.
Published 11 months ago by Minime

4.0 out of 5 stars One Direction = UP, 23 Aug 2014
DJN (Brierley Hill, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
I bought this because my young son is a fan. Have to say that, although I'm usually more of a rock/alternative fan (see other album reviews), I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this album. Many people slate 1D because they mainly (and understandably) appeal to the younger audience / don't write their own material etc. However, what's wrong with good songs being sung by people who can actually sing? Clearly, most of the songs are constructed around the subject of love...but then again there are 10s of 1000s of artists singing about it. Overall, it's an easy listening, sing song, strum along album containing the odd rocker song that wouldn't be out of place from other artists who don't have the stigma 1D suffer from (i.e. rockers like me who dismiss them because they are too mainstream and furthermore claim they nicked a bit from a Who song - Best Song Ever...man). In my view, 1D are mainstream because they're good and pinching the Who chord progression isn't the end of the world; at least more younger people have now heard of The Who as a result. I am converted to their catchy sing along sounds!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CD, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
Not normally my cup of tea but taking my niece to see them in concert so I thought I'd better familiarise myself with their songs. Well what a pleasant surprise I got. Great CD. I can honestly say I like all of the songs on it and haven't stopped playing it!
Great service, fast delivery. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars best album yet, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
Ok..just so you know i am a 42 year old man, my daughter is a Directioner so i have listened to all their albums over and over and i find the lads to be very likeable and their songs always catchy, i am a big music fan from liking the 50's due to my mum and dad, my era the 80's and try and keep up with the modern stuff and after a few listens this album holds up very well, with 18 songs i feel none are fillers and all are very listenable, "Don't forget where you Belong" is the stand out track for me and should defo be a single release followed by "Better the Words" which has a funky guitar riff throughout.
"Little White Lies" and "Little Black Dress" are also highlights, i feel their are more hits on this album as they never really release many from each album it seems..how many from Take Me Home..4??..with 18 decent catchy songs they could easily double that i feel.
This album seems to have a rockier feel to it which is a good thing and could and should appeal to a wider fanbase..so well done lads, keep up the hard work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous upbeat pop!, 28 Nov 2013
K. L. Beeden (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
I am probably not the target audience for One Direction as a woman in her midthirties but the catchy songs make for a fantastic album. From the well known singles 'Story of My Life' and 'Best Song Ever' to gorgeous ballads 'You and I', my favourite 'Don't Forget Where You Belong' and the earworm 'Little White Lies' this album is the bands strongest all around offering to date- I think it will surprise a lot of people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy 11 year old, 13 Jan 2014
Tia (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
My daughter is such a big fan of these boys. Not really my kind of music but I listened to it because I am taking her to see them and so thought I had better get to know some of the songs! It is actually nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talented, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
This wasn't for me but was for my girlfriend and she loves this album, she always has it playing in her car, but as they are not really my type of genre, they are talented and the albums isn't actually too bad. They have a few good songs which are catchy and Story of My Life is a really good song. Would recommend if you're into the boy bands.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASDFGHJKL I LOVE THIS, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
I'm a massive fan of one direction, I got this for Christmas, and I listen to it every day in the car, I'm going to see them in June, with my best friend, and can't wait for them to sing these songs live!
If you don't already have it...BUY IT NOW!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
My granddaughter loves One Direction and likes to play this on her CD player in her bedroom. I'm sure they're fun to dance to.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy teenage girls, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
arrived very quickly, well packaged ,no damage . part of teenage daughters Christmas wish list -she loved it would recommend seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for xmas pressie., 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
My neice, like all young girls loves this group and so I couldn't go wrong with a gift of their new album. She loved it.

Midnight Memories