5.0 out of 5 stars Superb read!, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ascension (The Gryphon Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have thoroughly enjoyed this whole series, but I can safely say this one was the best of the bunch and that is a very good bunch. The characters had developed, and I loved the whole spirit plane and the introduction of their father. I think the fact that the bad and good came together in parts and that the gryphon wasn't necessarily completely perfect, really solidified this book for me.
Rowan and Caleb's characters as usual were probably the most interesting for me. I loved how there was a romantic tug but at the same time the guys ganged up on the girl which I loved.
Stacey has done a marvelous job with this book and I hope to god, she continues this series.
Story is incredibly well written and the storyline was unique and had several little bits of history of the characters, that I think made this book what is was.
Couldn't recommend this book more, and the whole series, you really won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Ascension (The Gryphon Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
First off I would just like to say that this have become one of my favourite series that I have read, but this book is the best of the bunch I enjoyed it so much. I mean where do I start....
Well like all the other books this one starts where the last has finished Celeste has a choice to make trust Barnabus or try to say Alec and get Caleb (swoon) back herself. Oh a Rowen is back also yaay, I love him, Celeste not so much she just wants to punch his face in; you can't really blame the girl if you have read the last book you will know why. He vows that he will be at her side now no matter what and also to the end. After Sophia's funeral Celeste, Gabe, Keni and Grams all get quite a shock and Celeste and Gabe walk out which makes them traitors to the cause. They continue to train and the celeste makes a little mistake that brings the battle to the forefront. Will Celeste get her team back? Will everyone survive? More importantly anyone get a happily ever after? Well you will habe to read the book to find out.
I am actually sad to see this series end and I am hoping that Stacey will continue this series in the future (fingers crossed) I have loved every second of this series and every book has truly deserved its five stars that I have awarded 

*WICKED READS REVIEW TEAM*

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant..., 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Ascension (The Gryphon Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I just sat and read Ascension in one go, and I loved it! The rare spelling mistake made me cringe, but not knowing the actual ending was enough to make me want to growl lol. I loved the reveal of the Countess and the (valid) reason behind her hatred for the Gryphon's Conduit. I enjoyed the fact that everyone finally sees Celeste as the heroine - and the sadness with Alec, Caleb and Rowan is enough to make you want a fifth book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Epic Fantasy, 18 Nov 2013
Reviewer: Bex
Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies
Ascension is the fourth instalment in Stacey Rourke's epic Gryphon series. This read offers vivid action and amazing insight into a whole array of characters. The back stories weaved through Ascension successfully added a layer of depth to the characters and the plot, allowing Rourke's characters to become truly three-dimensional.

Ascension was thoroughly entertaining and pushed the story along beautifully. Celeste especially grows into her powers and shows a new level of maturity and acceptance. All of this of course is entwined with the flawless humour and sarcasm.

There are several head-spinning twists and moments where I was left quite verbally ranting at character reactions, all a testament to Rourke's ability to bring her world and characters to life. Book four is far less emotive and therefore not as emotionally engaging than previous books in the series, yet it's purpose and significance is no less significant. The series and the author are amazing. Keep them coming!

Disclosure: This book was provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 17 Nov 2013
Stacey Rourke
Ascension
Gryphon Series #4

It feels like I've been patiently waiting for this book forever, and now I've read it I can honestly say it was worth the wait. This series is one that I will read over and over again, and I'm not sure I could ever get enough of the characters. Everyone is present for a star performance (incl. the Dark Army Glee Club and Grams), and books 1 - 3 have been leading up to this point, where the final battle is coming and it's all or nothing. There are some amazing twists which kept me gripped, which isn't hard taking into account the writing style, humour, action, drama and emotional turmoil contained within the pages (ok, this pretty much covers everything but nothing I could say will get across how great the series is). Whether your Team Caleb or Team Rowan (damn, two book boyfriends in one book), the author has played it well and I definitely didn't see the ending coming. This is a series I would highly recommend reading.

I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A FANTASTIC BOOK AND A MUST READ!, 17 Nov 2013
Review 6******

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in the acclaimed Gryphon series. WOW! Where do I start? I LOVED IT!!

Celeste Garrett is a fantastic character! She is wittily sarcastic, and her mouth tends to get into trouble, but I really love this person! She is the Conduit for the Gryphon, and has had to make some extremely difficult decisions to save those she loves. Now she has to make a choice between what she wants and her destiny. Which one will she chose?

First off, I would like to say that I LOVE the new covers for the series - they are fabulous!
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book, because I absolutely love this series! The story continues on from the end of Sacrifice and see's our heroine facing an even more challenging situation. Her heart is still heavy from losing the love of her life, and from being betrayed by one she thought to be on her side. Meanwhile, the Garrett clan are their usual selves, but I think that Gabe has grown into a wonderful man. Not that he wasn't before, but he has matured into his role as a guardian and protector. Kendall is still a girly girl, but she too has grown up slightly. Grams is a formidable woman, and I love her eccentricities. She may look garish, but she has a heart of gold under her bizarre attire (or lack of in some cases!). The Dark Army Glee Club make another appearance and had me giggling at their antics. There are some surprising twists in this tale that kept me hooked from beginning to end. This book took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride! One moment I was laughing at a witty comment, the next I was in tears due to something happening. There is an amazing battle scene that completely enthralled me! This is a fantastic tale full of intrigue, love and betrayal that is wrapped up in the guise of a YA romance. I don't know if there will be another book in the series, but I sure hope so because the ending still left me wanting more!

Stacey Rourke is one of my favourite authors. I love her writing style, which is fast paced and extremely fluid. She has truly turned me into a Condu-Nut! I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.

I HIGHLY recommend this book (and series) if you love witty, sarcastic YA Romances filled with an array of various magical and mystical beings, namely lions, angels, gnomes, dragons, centaurs, demons and (of course!) Gryphons! - Lynn Worton