5.0 out of 5 stars Humanistic source of motivation for life change
This became a major best-seller, highly influential in both management and personal development circles. Covey's seven habits are fairly obvious, fairly simple, yet are lost in the morass of hype and counter-hype his book provoked.
Covey looked at the characteristics of the successful, reducing these to seven principles, seven good habits that successful people...
Published on 31 Dec 2004 by Budge Burgess

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for being efficient, poor for finding true happiness
When I first got this book, I worked for a large company and I thought this books principles principles greatly improved my productivity.
Now I work for myself and have time to consider things more thoroughly, I realised that this book was partly responsible for me making myself thoroughly miserable.
It's fine to be an "effective" person - but what...
Published on 29 Jun 2000

‹ Previous | 138 39 40 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't buy, 16 Jun 2012
c "Conrad" (london, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is the worst book I've ever read, and I've read a lot of books. It reminds me of Dianetics. There are no references or scientific evidence to back up any of the jargon. Don't bother with this. It is nonsense

4.0 out of 5 stars 7 Habits of highly effective people, 26 Feb 2009
The book lives up to epectations It is easy to see how it has become a best seller. It is a good reference book for tutors and is a must for students wishing tomaspire to greater things

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I ever read., 3 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This is the best book I ever read. The combination of breadth and deapth that Covey provides is outstanding. His presentation of the seven habits truly does lead one to live a purposeful and spiritually attuned and fulfilled life. The clarity of his presentation is among the best. Best of all, he was able to write a book for everyone, for top executives and housewifes, speaking about the spiritual core of your life, without propagating his own religious beliefs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Key, 30 Jun 2008
Trying not to use the phrase "paradigm shift" is almost impossible when talking about this book. If you've not heard of this, then you need to get out more.

Seven Habits is a wonderful book that will change your life if you let it. Now, the key is in the title: Habits. Not whims, but habits. You have to keep at what the book talks about and while the book is geared toward those who want success, it is not geared toward happiness. Think they're the same? No. Read the book and you'll see why.

Still, this comes highly recommended from a lot of sources. Covey basically gives you a recipe for success. Having read some of the negative reviews I can only assume those people don't want success or aren't capable of concentrating their attention on the goals at hand long enough. I would also recommend "Life Strategies" by McGraw as another excellent source of inspiration.

4.0 out of 5 stars READ IT, YES...BUT I DOUBT YOU'LL BUILD YOUR LIFE AROUND IT., 3 April 1998
By A Customer
IT'S A GREAT AND IMPORTANT WORK THAT EVERY PROGRESSIVE PERSON SHOULD READ. I DOUBT ANYONE COULD BUILD THEIR LIFE AROUND IT, THOUGH. TO NOT READ IT IS TO BE UNINFORMED. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT A VERY INSPIRING PHILOSOPHY TO BUILD YOUR LIFE AROUND. AT TIMES IT SMELLS OF "MANIPULATION." WOULDN'T IT BE BETTER TO BE "REAL?"

4.0 out of 5 stars On time delivery and excellent packing., 24 Sep 2010
Hi,
The shipment was done well before the due date and it was kind of surprised me.
Good seller.

regards,
Manju

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 habits of highly effective people, 20 Jun 2010
E. J. Kwayu - See all my reviews
I real like the Seven Habits of High Effective People. It is a book I will recommend to everybody,
Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellant insight to transform both work & family life., 22 July 1999
By A Customer
This is not a book on just how to organise a diary or office. Read this with an open mind and achieve an insight to your self, family and even your social life. This is as compeleing read not experienced since 'Lord of the Rings'

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a new man now!, 2 Oct 2006
B. V. Michael - See all my reviews
It is hard to put into words the incredible transformation that this book helped me to go through. I was average most of my life but after I met the lady of my dreams I had to be a lot more. So I bought this time tested book and it opened my eyes for so many things. One of the most important pieces of wisdom I took from it is that achievements on the outside are greatly determined on what you can achieve on the inside. Stephen Covey showed me step by step and habit by habit how to transform myself from within and automatically I started changing for better on the outside. The last piece of the puzzle was my transformation from average into outstanding lover thanks to additional bestseller "scientificlly guaranteed male multiple orgasms and ultimate sex". Then I was finally confident to propose her and she agreed! I am so thankful that there are such outstanding books and authors who synthesize a great amount of wisdom and information into practical, easy to understand and apply steps that everyone may use right away. The results are incredible and I urge you to get a copy. This is truly a classical work for a very good reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended reading, 30 July 2012
Mr. James R. Roberts "Rhys Roberts" (Maidstone, Kent) - See all my reviews
I haven't read this book yet, as it was recommended to me by my boss as a development aid. However, it was delivered very quickly. Thank you.

‹ Previous | 138 39 40 | Next ›