on 26 January 2014
You wont find a masticating juicer cheaper than this on the internet. And when i ordered i thought it must be poor quality or there must be a catch. But there simply isnt, it works fantastic, completely dry pulp, juices nuts kale celery ginger apples oranges lemons limes carrots, and it tastes delicious! Its not particularly easy clean but you just take it apart (around 5 pieces) and rinse them under the tap - you get a little brushi if you need to do abit of scrubbing too. Takes 5 mins - im very happy with my purchase!
11 comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2014
I got this juicer for my birthday in March but with the excuse of testing it, I thought I would be good and put it back in the box. Nope ! It's on the kitchen counter, so far I've had celery and apple, spinach-apple-ginger and tomorrow I'm doing fresh beetroots.

Cleaning is a breeze (took me less than 5 minutes - ignore the other reviewer, probably he/she is used to plonk stuff in the dishwasher and not able to do a little work). There's a brush supplied which can reach all the nooks and crannies. Just get into the habit of cleaning the unit straight after use in a big bowl of soapy water and rinse under the tap. There's a plastic seal that can be pulled (fibre extruder tube) so that one can reach there with a quick ring under running water, it was clean as a whistle.

Also do not stuff and push fruits or vegetables down the chute, it's not a juicer/grinder, it gently grabs chunks of stuff and will push it against the sieve, one needs to be patient to avoid 'stressing' the machine. Instead of clear juice which will oxidise, the juice produced by this machine is full of lovely pulp which is good for you, that's the real fibre with all the goodness that your innards are crying for. Also when juices are too clear and full of sugar if you are diabetic like myself, you're not doing yourself any favour unless you dilute them. This pulpy juice however hasn't hiked my blood levels like the juices I use to make with my normal juicer ( I gave it away btw ).

This machine is, at a wild guess, a China made Hurom clone ( I believe model MK1 ) and spare parts can be found with some UK online retailers just googling ' Hurom Spare Parts UK '. If you end up on the right website you'll be able to find spare parts for the little wheel up to replacing the whole basket and container. There's also a coarse basket that can be purchased from the same website and allows for softer fruit to go through more easily. I also read that some horizontal masticating slow juicers are better for greens such as wheatgrass and spinach. I had no problem with the spinach but made sure I put a piece of apple every so often to get it down, having said whatever I found gathered around the 'auger', I just reprocessed and I got more juice out of it.

Chopping is not too much of a palaver if you know you're getting the best juice for your health, a little work never killed anyone. If you're that short on time just buy freshly squeezed juice from organic retailers such as Abel & Cole, Incidentally that's where I'm going to get my organic vegetable to juice.

So far so good, I'm hoping that even with the low price I paid, it will last me for a while, and now I know that I can get a proper Hurom or Omega once this one gives up the ghost (touch wood).
0Comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2014
switched from a centrifugal juicer because i believed all the hype about getting a better quality juice and found that it is true! I love this juicer! Pulp is really dry, it does green leafy veg really well and im now using it 3 times a day for all types of fruit and vegetables.
on 27 September 2015
Having used a conventional juicer which was both time consuming and a bore to clean, I decided to replace it with the Vonshef slow juicer instead. Don't be fooled by the 'slow' part: this juicer is superb and I can make a litre of juice in almost ha!F the time I spent producing this quantity previously. How? By not having to prechop the veggies and fruit into such tiny pieces. The motor is powerful and obviously delights in dejuicing the harder, more resilient items like carrot and beetroot even more than the easier apples and soft fruit. The juice is divine. And at the end of it all, the parts are so easy to clean that just running the various parts under a running hot tap is usually sufficient.
I am so impressed with this machine I cannot recommend it more highly. Good price, too.
on 17 July 2014
Not happy with it. Seemed to work great for the first few days and now lots of pulp gets caught in it. A lot of pulp comes through in the juice so it has to be strained after juicing. Very disappointed I wasted my money. Would not recommend.
on 30 July 2014
What can I say that other reviewers haven't? Nothing. It's quiet, it's easy to use, it easily juices everything I've put in it so far, it's easy to clean and easy to assemble. I am consuming more fruit and veg now I have this than ever before. Even celery, and I HATE celery as a food, juiced it's OK. I can't imagine being without it now.
on 12 March 2015
I have used this for a week now and enjoy the juice. For the first few uses I nearly gave up on it as it was exceedingly stiff to assemble and take apart. I had to ask for help. It is still pretty stiff. I don't find it easy to clean either but I think that it does produce good juice at a reasonable price so I am persevering.
on 8 June 2014
This product is quite simply brilliant. It's a mascerating juicer, it pulverises the fruit and veg, giving dry pulped fruit out of one side and tons of juice out of the other. I would heartily recommend this product at this price.
on 30 December 2015
The juicer arrived this morning and I have instantly requested for a return & refund after single use. Very poor quality, I can't believe it! I used it to juice two carrots & two apples. The carrot pulp that came out, was not pulverized, it had rice-grain-sized pieces of shredded carrot, which I can extract further juice from! I tried to place that grain-sized pulp back into the chute wondering if the auger will re-extract a second pressing. But the pulp simply came back out again. So I needed to blend that pulp in my blender & strain it to extract more juice! The assembly is a pain & it is totally not worth it when the juice is not extracted properly.
I have used two centrifugal juicers over the years which were much better than this one, so I know what I am talking about. I am surprised, I bought this based on the amazon reviews, I wonder how so many people liked this? Thoroughly disappointed & wondering what brand to buy.
Also, the top was shaking while the juicer was on, I won't be surprised if it'll break down soon from repeated use.
Totally not worth the money.
on 5 January 2015
I was so impressed with this juicer, the juice tasted amazing, the yield was much better than the centrifugal juicer I had, the pulp was really dry and to top it all it was easy to dismantle, clean and put back together.
BUT on the third juice I found a piece of orange silicone in my juice and saw the silicone compression seal on the juice bowl had bits missing, then on the fourth juicing there was a bang and I stopped juicing to find that the silicone compression seal had broken off and the juicer is now unusable.
I have contacted Designer Habitat Customer Service this afternoon but the only response received so far is thanking me for my recent purchase and asking me to post a review. This morning I would have given it 5 stars but I'm sorry at this stage I can only give it one - I will update following a response from Designer Habitat which I hope will be a positive one.
Was I just unlucky and it was a faulty juicer - I hope so?
16 February 2015 - update
I eventually received a replacement juicer on 15 January it worked well until today when the same thing as before happened - there was a pop/small bang and it stopped juicing and when I took it apart there was the silicone compression seal lying on the bottom! This is definitely a design fault on this juicer.
I will now request a refund as it's not fit for purpose.
review image