on 24 July 2015
The Poweradd Pilot G1 is a portable charger, which is a device that contains a large battery that you can charge while you have access to electricity and you can then take with you to charge your mobile devices while you're out and about.

The Pilot G1 weighs 180g, which is a similar weight to other 8,000mAh batteries I've used in the past and not heavy at all. It's light enough and small enough to put in a backpack or purse or even slip into your jacket or coat pocket. It has two USB outputs, one 1A and another 2.4A so should be able to charge pretty much anything. The pattern of the case is also very modern and stylish looking (see photos) - it also doesn't show fingerprints and seems like it's tough and won't scratch easily. Not critical for a portable charger, but nice to haves, for sure.

I had no problems charging any device with it, including my iPad Air which requires a high current to charge and has given some battery packs trouble in the past. One nice bonus is that it doesn't get too hot - some battery packs get far too hot during usage but this one doesn't. It gets slightly warm and that's it. In my experiments I was able to charge my almost empty iPhone 6 back to 100% twice using a fully-charged Pilot G1. Charging the Pilot G1 back up after you've used it does take several hours, but that will be the case for any charger of this type.

For me, the two key criteria I use when considering a portable charger are:
(1) how much it weighs - in this case 180g, which is perfectly acceptable
(2) how quickly it can charge my device and by how much - the G1 charges quickly and I was able to get two full charges of an iPhone 6 out of the 8,00mAh battery

Overall, the Pilot G1 is highly recommended. It's not heavy or bulky, looks stylish and should be able to charge pretty much any device (I certainly didn't have any problems with the multitude of different devices I tested with). The 8,000maH capacity should allow it to charge an empty smartphone at least twice.

***** I was kindly given this item in exchange for my honest feedback, which is what I have done here *****
review image review image review image
on 28 December 2015
I bought one of these as a Christmas present for my wife as she's always complaining about her phone battery being flat when we're out and about. I'd been looking out for a decent capacity model for a while and when I saw this 12,000mAh model come up in the deals at a great price I thought I'd give it a try. My first impression of the device when I unpackaged it was that it was of a nice quality, and wasn't too heavy. It's reasonably chunky though and probably not something that most people would want to be carry around in their trouser pocket, but it'll fit into my wife's handbag with no problems at all. The USB cable that come with the unit is very short so I used one we had already, and a 2.5A mains charger to charge up the batteries. It was quite well charged when I started, about 80% I think, and didn't seem to take long at all to get to 100%. The screen is very clear and very useful for seeing how much power is left in the batteries. The outer casing didn't seem to get particularly warm whilst charging except for around the area where the USB ports are. I've found that I can charge my Samsung Galaxy Alpha or my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5 around 4 or 5 times before the power bank needs charging up again. The user instructions are in almost perfect English and are very easy to understand, which I was impressed with, and the manufacturer seems to be genuinely very interested in customer satisfaction with their products. All in all I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this product.
Note the supplier sent me a review sample, no attempt was made to influence my review.

This unit is very similar to another device I reviewed recently, but with a larger capacity battery. Build is generally very good with a strong metal back frame, the front cradle part is plastic though but seems decent enough to stand up to normal use.

The unit can fold down into a very compact size, opening it up you can position it to suit your requirements. There are two adjustable
chrome effect knobs to tighten up once you have it adjusted how you wish angle wise. These seem to hold quite well even with a tablet on the stand. You have pads on various sections two at the top and two on the bottom part as well as a central one to help hold the device and stop it from making any marks. You also have pads on the base too to stop it slipping around

On the top of the base you have a button, press it quickly and it shows the capacity remaining in the battery via 4 lights, these also show the charge status when charging it up. A long press activates the LED light on the right hand size, press and hold again to turn it off. On the right side you have two USB ports one for the 1 amp output and 2.1amps on the other this covers any need for iPads or phones/android devices.

Front of the base has a port for the micro USB cable where you charge up the power bank it is included in the box it's about a foot long, you can also use this to charge tablets and phones too if you misplace your other cables.

Build and finish are quite good the metal rear frame is solid, but I would honestly prefer the front section to also be metal (it's well padded and would add more strength). Tablet wise I find 7" or 8" tablets fine on this, but larger ones are a bit much for the size of the unit, it's of course a good size for smart phones too which are smaller still. I'd prefer a different finish to the silver, but that's down to taste either white/black I find a painted silver effect a bit tacky looking, though the paint finish here is pretty good has to be said no real complaints in this regard.

It's a pretty handy holder for tablets and holding/charging at the same time, the higher 10,400mAh battery is more than ample for even high capacity tablets, the maker states it's a Samsung grade A cell inside and good for 500 charges which should give a good few years use. Overall good, and worth investigating if you're looking for a tablet/phone stand/charging solution.
I was sent this power bank by the manufacturers for review, and I think it is excellent. The unit has a huge capacity: 12000mAh is enough to charge most mobile phones 4 or 5 times or a tablet twice - although it depends on your individual device, of course. This makes it a really useful thing to have around if you're going to need a lot of use from your device but may have limited access to recharging.

It is very simple to use. Just plug the micro-USB lead supplied (or any other micro-USB lead) into a USB port and the micro-socket on the power bank and it charges at a slightly leisurely 1A. Mine arrived with about 55% charge and took a bit under 6 hours to charge to 100%, so about 12 hours for a full charge. The LCD display shows the level of charge in percentage, which is very handy, and a big improvement on the 4-LED level indicators on many power banks. While charging it indicates "IN".

Charging your device is just as simple. Reverse the lead so that the USB plug is now in the port on the power bank and plug the other end into your device. There are 4 adaptors supplied as well as the micro-USB plug so it will connect to most things - or you can just use the USB lead which came with your device. Switch the power bank on, and your device will charge at pretty well the same rate as if you charged it in the normal way.

This seems like a very good-quality product. After three days switched off and without being used the charge had not dropped at all, so leakage rate is very low. Time alone will tell, of course, but if the claims of 500+ charge/discharge cycles are true (which they usually are for this type of battery) that's a good long life. It is robust and very elegant. It is compact and slim at 16cm x 7cm x 1.5cm but reasonably weighty: 310g (about 11½oz). For me, this makes it more of a briefcase item than a handbag gadget - but you may disagree, of course.

I really like this power bank. My one complaint is that the English in the user manual is so poor in places that it's almost incomprehensible. Fortunately the thing is so simple to use that this doesn't really matter, but it doesn't do justice to what is a very good product. I hope the manufacturers put this right very soon. Minor niggles aside, I am very impressed with this. I'd baulk a little at the full list price of nearly a hundred quid, but as I write it's offered for under thirty, which is excellent value and I can recommend it warmly.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 December 2015
Arrived in 2 days and is a nice looking piece of kit. It works as advertised. I left it charging overnight and then used it to charge my Samsung Pro Tab 8.4 and my Galaxy S6 mobile. Both charged fully within a couple of hours and there was still 74% battery capacity remaining. No complaints and happy to recommend. At under £10 on Amazon, that's great value for money too.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 September 2014
DISCLOSURE:
I was kindly supplied this item free of charge to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.

---- WHAT'S IN THE BOX? ----

- 12000mAh power bank
- Micro-USB cable
- 3x adapters
- Instruction manual

---- INITIAL IMPRESSIONS ----

Well packaged.
I love the addition of a screen on a power bank - not many others have them.
Made of a hard plastic. Feels pretty solid.

---- FEATURES / PORTS ----

This power banks has three ports, one button and a screen.

There are two ports from which to charge your devices. One is 1A, the other 2.1A.
The third port is a micro USB port to charge the power bank. This can be done from a computer or indeed a wall socket.

The button is used to turn the screen on, so it can show how much battery is remaining.

The screen simply shows you what percentage of the battery is remaining.

---- IN USE ----

I've been using this power bank for a month now, and have encountered no issues with it.
Simply plug a device into the power bank, and it starts charging automatically, without the need to press the button.
The product description states that this will charge an iPhone around 4-5 times. I have an iPhone 5s, and would say this estimate is largely accurate.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

---- CONCLUSION ----

A handy gadget to leave in the car, throw in a backpack, or even a pocket, so that you don't run out of battery power, when you need it most.

OVERVIEW
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes.

PROS:
✓ Looks great
✓ Provides numerous charges
✓ Simple to use
✓ Screen to show remaining battery
✓ Small enough to carry around
✓ Charge two devices at once

CONS:
✗ None
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
If you have any questions regarding this product, feel free to leave comments down below - I'm happy to help...
on 31 March 2016
Good powebank. Charging time depends on the charger you use 1A, 1.5A or 2.1A. More amps , less charging time.
I can charge a 2700 mAh battery 3 times and more, and an Ipad Air 2 more than 1 time...
There are better powerbanks on the market but it was a bargain.
on 14 April 2016
This is a good heavy-duty charger on which I can charge my iPhone six about 4 to 5 times. It has a numerical percentage charge indication which allows users to know its exact charge level. When fully empty it does take 6 to 8 hours to charge fully itself and therefore this is best done overnight. It is great to use when away from the house for a prolonged period of time without having to worry about losing charge on your mobile. The fact that it has to ports means that you can charge your iPad and mobile phone at the same time. I would certainly buy again without any hesitation.
on 28 February 2016
Small and light enough to keep in my travel bag, with enough juice to charge many things. Charges slowly so does not get hot or damage the battery life.
I have the Pilot S 12000, the next generation of this product is out now, which looks more stylish and a bit lighter. I'd recommend looking at the size of the battery in the things you need to charge (in mAh) which gives you a rough idea of how many charges you get.
Poweradd contacted me after purchase to ask if I was satisfied, they were friendly and helpful and I recommend them.
on 28 December 2015
I got this in the sales and i have been blown away with it's performance

I have managed to charge my wireless mouse (flat) and phone (60%) simultaneously without having a huge effect on the total capacity,

Please see attached picture size comparison, it's fairly small as well which is a big bonus.
review image