5.0 out of 5 stars Super ESET
Have been using ESET for almost a year, tried all major security suites on 30 day free trial and found ESET the most user friendly, have recently tried Norton and Kaspersky on a spare laptop before my current sub runs out on ESET and have decided they are not for me.
Published 22 days ago by gefb

Published 3 months ago by J. Caddis

5.0 out of 5 stars Super ESET, 7 Feb. 2015
gefb (Runcorn, Cheshire.) - See all my reviews
I noticed there are some negative reviews about ESET and can only say that it was either downloaded from a dodgy site or previous security software has not been completely uninstalled, to uninstall security software completely the uninstall tool must be used from the makers website.

2.0 out of 5 stars I could not find a way to block a programme from using the internet like Ashampoo and their constant offers, 1 Dec. 2014
J. Caddis (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eset Smart Security (2014) | PC | 1 user | 1 year | digital download [Download] (Software Download)
It lasted two days and I returned to Norton IS. The interface is simple until you go into advanced settings and it is a meaningless jumble of 1970's nonsense, I could not find a way to block a programme from using the internet like Ashampoo and their constant offers, in norton its simple all programmes listed and you simply choose block that is it. It also slowed down my browsing and in particular it seemed to hate ebay pages which took ages to load. I also noticed this purchase listed my licence type as "not for re-sale"

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 18 Oct. 2014
Much cheaper than buying from Eset, best security system in my opinion and doesn't use a lot of system resources

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
just good for your p.c and you

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 July 2014
very good price have been using Eset for last 10 years

5.0 out of 5 stars Eset - the best of the bunch, 1 April 2014
Eset is effective but unobtrusive. I have tried all the leading Antivirus brands but this suits me the best. It does the job well and doesn't get in the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars ESET, 8 Mar. 2014
Seems to do what is said on the tin i was fed up with security which isn't up to the job so got this to try it. It does look across the internet daily for updates on the virus thing ive noticed mine does t nearly everytime on the internet. I guess it needs too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eset Smart Security (2014)/PC/1 user/1 year/Eco-friendly packaging, 25 Feb. 2014
Even though this was a purchase of a new subscription, I used it in effect as a renewal of a previous years' purchase. It was simple to invoke the 'renewal' by clicking on one of the many desperate messages that ESET sent out to me when I was about to allow the older one to lapse. Note that it was cheaper to buy a new subscription from Amazon than it was to simply pay a renewal fee directly to ESET!!!

Anyway, ESET works well in my opinion, in terms of being easy to use, and clear with what it's telling you. The problem with all anti-virus etc software though, is that you never know what other malicious stuff is on your machine other than what the anti-virus software has found for you. Therefore, you have to assume that using ESET (eg) is keeping you safe, when it might not be. Even so, I feel reasonably secure with it. Whether I would be equally as 'secure' with free AVG / Avast, who knows?

5.0 out of 5 stars Eset good value, 8 Feb. 2014
Does what it says on the box a good security product and far more superior than others on the market.

1.0 out of 5 stars Degrades PC performance, 31 Dec. 2014
Program made my PC almost grind to a stop. It had such a detrimental affect on performance I had no option but to uninstall the software. Always used Norton or McAfee before but was tempted by the low price of Eset.
Don't make the same mistake.