4.0 out of 5 stars Matter of taste, 29 Dec 2013
O.P. Timist (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's Time (Audio CD)
First off, I expected to be giving 5 stars after playing this, because undoubtedly Louise is possessed of a wonderful and quite powerful soprano voice and the control to go with it - arguably as good as or maybe even better than anyone else outside the world of opera, and I applaud the selection of songs on this album which is fairly rare on one album. However, for my taste she tends to start off softly and tunefully but then "winds up" rather too much and overdoes the belting in most of the numbers here - I have heard more melodious versions of many of the well-known numbers. However, that's just my personal taste as a longtime listener to music and song, I know many people are happy with this style of singing. I am hoping that one day she may come up with the album I know she is capable of, which would no doubt blow me away....
Later edit. Now think 3* was perhaps a bit mean, so changed to 4*. Two tracks - Dat Man of Mine and The Perfect Year are...well...perfect ! gorgeous and eye-moistening, from this fabulous young lady, but still wish the other tracks were sung more in the same style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern musicals, 27 Feb 2014
T. Bently "tbently" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: It's Time (Audio CD)
I bought this after hearing Louise Dearman (and Shayne Ward) on Radio 2. I love her voice. There's a good selection of songs from musicals here including some down-beat ones as well as more simple-minded feel good numbers. Sometimes the quality of the lyrics lets things down. I felt I was listening to a young Barbara Streisand - which isn't a bad thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best musical theatre album, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: It's Time (Audio CD)
I ordered this with eager anticipation, and it lived up to all I expected. My family and I thoroughly enjoy this album everyday on the school run. Louise Dearman's voice is just outstanding. Highly Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely songs sung by an angel, 11 Dec 2013
C. Kitchen "chrisk594" (East Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's Time (MP3 Download)
Louise at her best. lThese are lovely songs, beautifully sung. Just my favourite sort of album from a wonderful female voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow what a fantastic album, 4 Dec 2013
S. Williams - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's Time (MP3 Download)
If you are looking at this thinking shall I get this album or not, get it!!! Louise has a truly stunning voice, it's a delight to hear her belt out some great show tunes. I haven't stopped listening to it since I got it. Now press buy it now....... Well go on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Louise Dearman 'It's Time' Review, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: It's Time (Audio CD)
An amazing album by the lady with the most incredible voice & flawless vocals. The power & emotion behind Louise's voice shine through on this album. The choice of songs will be very familiar to any theatre goer! From 'What I did for Love' to 'Send in the clowns' something for everybody here! Highly recommend this album. Buy it!!!!

It's Time