Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 8 July 2014
I'm a massive fan of the Agent 21 series by Chris Ryan, so I was extremely excited about getting to read the newest instalment. Teenage agent Zac Darke is one of my favourite male characters and I couldn't want to dive in and find out what adventure he was going to become embroiled in next.

This time around Zac's old nemesis, Cruz Martinez, rears his head again. Zac's former friend, he is now his sworn enemy due to the death of his father. Cruz's movements lead Zac, along with Gabs, Raf and computer whiz Malcolm, to Africa, where they uncover a shocking conspiracy which will endanger the lives of innocent citizens unless they can stop it.

The story is set mainly in the African jungle, which was a brilliant backdrop because of all the natural dangers which awaited Zac and co. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them having to survive in the wilderness and struggle against the elements, as they face dehydration and exhaustion, as well as the threat from other animals in the jungle. It was nice to see Zac's training really kicking in now. He's able to use all of his new skills and abilities in the field and he never stops thinking two steps ahead. He even, on occasion, surprises Gabs and Raf with his ingenuity and quick thinking.

Each chapter in the book was fraught with danger and the story was tough and gritty. A real page turner, I found it hard to put it down as it was so gripping. Zac hurtles from one tense predicament to another which was extremely thrilling.

'Deadfall' was an adrenaline pumping rollercoaster ride of adventure and suspense. This is a top series and I love reading about Zac and his missions. I hope there are lots more books to come in the future!
on 13 December 2015
this is a great read and by far the Best book in its series. i think that the agent 21 series should become action movie. if you like fast flowing action packed novels you will love cris Ryans Agent 21series. especially when you get to this book.

thanks for reading

your sincerely,
Master Pasini
on 25 April 2014
Good book as always. Just really disappointed that Chris is putting out these short stories trying to rip off his fans I have read and enjoyed every full length book he has written but will not buy any of these 20- 40 page rip offs. Get back to full length books Chris please.
on 3 June 2014
Very good read I would probably prefer a little more violence from Zack raf and gabs they don't seem to kill people enough which I feel would be more realistic.

However still another great read and I will continue to buy all Ryan's books.
on 26 May 2014
another fantastic job by Chris...
On the edge stuff yet again...
Fast paced and constantly changing...
I would recommend this book and indeed the series to anyone who likes this kind of reading...
on 14 April 2014
Chris Ryan is a great writer of covert operation stories and always does a good job of keeping the reader interested. I enjoyed reading this and recommend it to anyone who wants an exciting but easy read
on 8 November 2014
An absolute brilliant third book of the Agent 21 series, being ex forces myself I enjoyed every page and think Chris Ryan is an excellent writer, Bravo and I look forward to the next one hopefully.
on 11 September 2015
As previously commented on other reviews, I really enjoyed the Agent 21 series. A tip, read them in sequence as although the plots are 'stand alone' stories, they are all 'inter-linked'
on 9 June 2014
It is a very good continuation of the series with decent development. The series is a bit like the popcorn of the book world but it is a decent book worth a read all the same.
on 29 November 2014
Very good book with action around every corner. Join Zack as he battles Cruz again in this action packed fourth instalment of the agent 21 series. Simply amazing!👏👏👏👏👏