5.0 out of 5 stars Ann Wiltshire (Somerset)
Published on 29 Sep 2007 by Mrs. Ac Wiltshire

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright
There is a lot of duplication of other books so I found it a bit tedious. I have not actually tried any recipies yet.
Published on 27 Jun 2012 by Jeannette Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars Ann Wiltshire (Somerset), 29 Sep 2007
Mrs. Ac Wiltshire (Somerset U.K) - See all my reviews
I love this book because as well as bread ,its full of cakes and wonderful puddings especially "the sticky toffee pudding " which is fantastic and will amaze your friends . They are easy to follow recipies that work every time. Most recipies have great close up large photos that make you want to cook all of them. I have many book markers in this book and love using it .Its good for a beginners or advanced . Fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars collection of diverse british bread & bun recipes, 25 Feb 2009
If you have a breadmaker this and other books by this author are a great investment. The recipes are easy to follow and seem utterly idiot-proof. In addition this book has lovely photos and interesting asides about the traditions and backgroud of the different recipes. Only critisism I would make is that the author only seems to use melted butter - I substitute with sunflower oil.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Traditional Bread Book, 21 July 2008
An absolutely great find. For somone who's not very confident with making dough or bread, having had all sorts of disastors when it comes to making cakes. This really is a fantastic book. It's given me a lot of confidence, with making my own dough, bread and cakes. If you stick with the measurements in the recipe the results are always consistantly good.

5.0 out of 5 stars “I do love secondhand books..., 28 Mar 2014
...that open to the page some previous owner read oftenest.” (Helene Hanff, 84, Charing Cross Road). I do encourage buyers to always check out the Buying Choices section, as I received a lovely, clean, hardback edition of this book, for £1.97 with free p&p - which is effectively an 0.83p refund when considering the usual cost of p&p (£2.80).

This book is going straight on my kitchen bookshelf, next to Delia Smith's Christmas. What more can I say... except, that it's a book full of scrummy UK traditional recipes, that actually fully utilises a breadmaker - well, most of the time anyway.

Oh yes... my book opened at the 18th-century coconut bread recipe... hopefully Tesco will be able to help with locating an 18th-century coconut.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book with Regional Recipes, 18 Jun 2008
Aidan Russell (Nairn, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Very good recipes in this book. However a breadmaker is hardly required for quite a few of the recipes, infact you would get the same results with a mixing bowl and spoon. Overall I quite liked this book with a good selection of regional recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice interesting recipes, 25 April 2013
lots of good recipes in this book use my breadmaker a lot and wanted to try different things in it

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 27 Jun 2012
Jeannette Byrne (New Zealand) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic SD 255, 25 May 2009
We have had a breadmaker before, this one is a proper one, follow the simple instructions and you have a sensible sized fresh loaf.
You could of course buy one from a supermarket for less than the price of making one but this loaf is your loaf and the recipes can be adjusted to your taste (more honey in the honey and spelt)
This Panasonic SD255 is the best reasonably priced breadmaker