on 21 January 2012
I have always been a lover of watches and their designs and functions, especially Analogue.
Having secured some funds from a recent m/c sale I thought I would indulge.
There are many to choose from especially from the list on Amazon.
After a lot of searching I found this one and I am not disappointed.
It is purposeful, with a clear easily readable face and being Solar does not need batteries.
The reason I settled for Solar is I am not happy having a third party fit a new battery on such
an expensive watch besides the cost of replacement.
It keeps good time even though I forget to leave it exposed to daylight for long periods.
The strap is very comfortable so much so I forget some time to take it off in bed.
So thank you for the watch and the very good prompt service.
on 7 April 2011
It looks smart and keeps great time. What more do you want from a watch? You want more. Okay, it seriously glows in the dark thanks to it's solar charge.
on 17 May 2013
I received this watch as a birthday present and I'm delighted with it. The stock picture doesn't do the watch justice. As a Seiko fan I have always bought Seiko 5 or kinetic watches however I was impressed with the military style and stainless steel finish of this watch. It keeps excellent time (after a initial period of charging) and the strap has held up well with very little signs of wear.

Awesome.
on 2 July 2012
Good accurate plain faced watch with large, easy to read numerals. Comfortable fabric strap that fitted even my extra small wrist. Prompt efficient service from seller.
on 10 January 2014
I bought this watch a few months ago. I am am used to buying solar power watches, mainly Citizen Eco Drive and this was my first purchase of a Seiko solar powered watch. I found the build quality of this watch is very good with very readable dial. Strap is strong and very comfortable. The style of the watch is very good and keeps the time very well. Certainly would recommend this to anyone seeking to buy a military style watch.
on 5 January 2015
Nice watch, I'm a big Seiko fan.

The strap is a bit cheap looking, not the usual Seiko quality, the edges are a bit fuzzy so pluck fluff out of long sleeves.

The Hardlex crystal is like butter - it scratched very easily (acquired a huge scratch when placed in the little tray at the airport x-ray scanner, not like I was mistreating the watch or anything).

The Solar charging works fine, just remember to leave it on a window sill if you're not going to wear the watch for a while, I use a north facing window so the watch doesn't overheat due to direct sunlight.

Time accuracy is excellent, only gains 1 second a month which is pretty good.

My older Seiko 5 is a far better quality watch, better glass and better strap and only cost £20 about 10 years ago.
on 18 April 2012
Solar powered watch- it's a logical step up from kinetic and is well worth the money. I've had it a couple of onths now. No winding, no adjusting, easy to set and co-ordinate with the pips.

The date is a little small but day display is fine. Only thing I will change is the strap- it's not all that comfortable but hey, it's a great watch and looks good too.
I did not buy this from Amazon, but got it much cheaper from a competitor. I am delighted with my purchase. It is very comfortable to wear with the clear face easy to read and, so far, the watch is exceptionally reliable. I have found the time-keeping to be very accurate and am pleased that I don't have to worry about changing batteries. The set up was simplicity; it gives the time in 12 and 24 hour measures and also provides me with simple week-day and date info. All I need! Very satisfied customer!

Update: Drops a second every three months. Never needs a battery. So you have to change the date occasionally. Is this really a big deal. Brilliant little solar time piece!
Excellent, the the numerals are nice and large and thus easy to see; the day and date function, while smaller is also very easy to read. Seems to keep good time, I've checked it with the time signal from a German atomic clock and over 5 days there is no visible difference. The watch is not a perpetual calendar watch so the pain of winding on the date is still there. Why in this day and age manufactures still produce watches that are not self calendar regulating is well beyond me. If you think that I thought I was buying a perpetual watch you'd be right I only discovered it wasn't mid way through July, to late to do anything about it. This fact drops that overall star rating to 3 in my book.

The total size of the dial, including the winder, is just a fraction larger than 1 1/2" (41mm) with normal (Arabic) numerals 1 to 12 with an inner ring of numerals, much smaller, 13 to 24. In the main ring of numbers the 12 9 and 6 are much larger than the others on the dial and all 1 to 12 are luminous. The watch has both `big and little' hands (there's a surprise) as well as a second hand. The main hands are also luminous. The only `control' is the winder which is protected by two raised bevels either side of it.

Solar bit appears to work, but as the watch on a full charge is supposed to work for 6 months without further change there is no real way of knowing about that until something goes wrong I suspect. The watch is about 10mm thick, feels solid and well made. The glass face is very flat and flush with the watch surface. The face of the watch says 100M, presumably referring to the depth in case the watch goes under water.

The strap is what might be referred to as military style in that it's similar to canvas weave with reinforced fastening holes. It feels strong and is very easy to do up using a standard pin and buckle system. Overall very pleased with this watch which does all I require i.e. tell the time using numerals that I can see without straining my peepers!

UPDATE : 19th March 2014

Not so happy now. The watch has decided to only show continental day notification, which also jumps about (Sunday straight to Tuesday (I think they are for those days at any rate) for example) and the strap is beginning to wear around the strap holes. To be strictly accurate around the hole that I use most of the time that I'm wearing it, looks like in a few more times of use it will break through into the adjacent hole. Never had any of these problem with my previous Timex watch (Big spender on watches I am :-) Really not impressed considering the price and Seiko's reputation, have to see what their customer support is like.
review image
on 10 August 2013
I wanted a watch that had clear face, waterproof to 100m for snorkelling and playing in the sea and didn't need having batteries changed when either the waterproofing is lost o ryou pay a watch repair shop £30 plus to repace battery: this has worked perfectly and only mainteance is to wash it in fresh water when it has been in sea water.Perfect.