5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar Chronograph
Published on 12 Feb. 2013 by Nigel

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM CLASS A WATCHES
1. they are based in Singapore, which they don't warn you about - it cost me £18 TO RETURN ITEM AS DEFECTIVE

2. they are now arguing there is nothing wrong with it and are threatening to send the item BACK TO ME!!! I have never encountered such behaviour

3. not even sure the watch is Kosher

4. V bad service all round
Published 22 months ago by DAVID

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar Chronograph, 12 Feb. 2013
I had been looking at this for a while and decided to take the plunge and buy it.Comparing the price in the High Street jewellers it was less then half the price!.Watch was supplied by Tough Watches and arrived promptly in less than a week.I am very pleased with the watch it is a nice size and weight and an added bonus for me was the strap required no links to be removed just a minor adjustment to the 4 position pin links on the main clasp.Another bonus is it is solar powered so it will not require a battery.The only thing i needed to do was leave it by a light source to get it started as when it arrived it was not operating.Upon initial charging the second hand operates at two second intervals to tell you it still requires charging and also the stopwatch is disabled until the watch is fully charged.Although supplied from Singapore,there was no duty to pay on the watch which came via Sweden.The enclosed warranty card is also fully stamped so any warranty issues should not be a problem.I would certainly use the supplier again.I am looking at the Seiko Flightmaster SNA413 now!
Just an update I had some charging issues where the watch would not stay charged .The watch was nearly out of warranty so i took it back to my local jewellers they sent it off to Seiko to be repaired,thought i might have to cover the postage costs but the jeweller phoned to say it would cost me nothing to send back.There was no issue with the watch originating from Singapore as there is an international warranty.
The watch was returned fully repaired via Seiko and with a full new 12 month warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch!, 16 Feb. 2013
Peter Hardy (Chester-Le-Street, County Durham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you're looking for a genuine top quality divers watch without the battery replacement hassles then this solar powered beauty is the watch for you! Be aware that this is a BIG watch but, in my opinion, an extremely classy, expensive looking watch. The bracelet is of generous size too and most people will need a link removed either side. Date window on the small side but acceptable. Keeps very good time. I looked at dozens of watches before deciding on this one. It was definitely the right choice! 100% recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional (except the metalic strap), 5 Feb. 2013
Really an exceptional model from Seiko. Seiko is a known brand but this watch is really a must have because it does not look bulky on your wrist and at the same type has a really racy look.

Built quality is just perfect, plus the price is really interesting below 150GBP.

UPDATE after 3 months: the main link between the strap and the casing is an empty one. It slowly opens and get so sharp that it damages your shirt or pullovers. I changed it and got a shark mesh from ebay. The watch is now even better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern Yet Timeless, 25 July 2012
I've always liked Seiko watches.

Must be Roger Moore wearing them as Bond in the movies of my youth. But as much as I like and own "The Big Boys" in watches, I like a watch for what it is and not what it costs.

This is a classic looking Seiko chronograph diver, but with a few differences.

1. The blue face
2. The 200m water resistance (for a chrono)
3. The screw down pushers for the chrono
4. It's solar

This basically makes this a great classic looking, highly functional, tough analogue watch that never needs winding / batteries that can be worn with anything and look good.

Also, as it's a Seiko, it should be reliable as well as relatively keep it's value over the years. Old Seikos are collectible.

But there are some flaws.

I don't know if it's just my watch, but the rotating bezel is far too easy to rotate. Also, this uses a "Pin and collar" setup for strap adjustment. Even though this is supposed to be the most secure way to do strap links, if you lose a collar (and it's very fiddly to adjust) Seiko don't do replacements (I know this, because I lost one trying to adjust the strap myself) so if you get this watch, take it to a jewellers to adjust.

Otherwise, it's a great, heavy, striking watch that is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for..., 14 Jan. 2013
Paul Green (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch as a replacement for a very similar Seiko I had, the obvious benefit being solar power. Chunky watch that looks smart so can be worn for work or leisure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, great price!, 7 Jun. 2013
T. Haskell "Karate Novice" (Olney, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this watch to treat myself and am delighted with my purchase.

The watch looks fantastic - it's a little deeper than I'm used too, though this gives it a solid, slightly "chunky" feel. Setting the watch was very easy and I left it for a day for the solar cells to fully charge, since when it has kept great time. The luminous markers are very bright, making it very easy to see the time at night.

Adjusting the bracelet was a little tricky. I decided not to spend £15 having my local jeweller take out some links and adjust the bracelet for me, deciding, instead, to order a watch bracelet adjustment tool from Amazon for £1.99. Good decision! The tool arrived fairly quickly, was easy to use and I had the bracelet adjusted to my liking in around 30 minutes. Beware though, if you do this yourself, the pins sit in tiny expanding metal sleeves within the bracelet and these can come out while you have the pin out. Without these tiny sleeves the pin is loose and will fall out, so be careful not to lose them!

All in all, a great watch at a great price!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM CLASS A WATCHES, 11 April 2013

3. not even sure the watch is Kosher

4. V bad service all round

5.0 out of 5 stars all I need, 28 April 2013
All i want of a watch is it to tell the time in any environment. at work at sea without ever having to replace or adjust simply buy put on wrist, it seems to be about as reliable as the sun and as accurate all I want and all I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money 5+, 8 Mar. 2013
good watch, would be too heavy for me,but as a gift to my son, it's excellent. Scores 5 on looks, and 5+ on good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Watch, 16 Aug. 2013
ive bought several watches to try and find the right one,this as to be the most perfect watch ive ever bought,iiit does everything i require annd never had any problems with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›