5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar Chronograph
Published 17 months ago by Nigel

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM CLASS A WATCHES
1. they are based in Singapore, which they don't warn you about - it cost me 18 TO RETURN ITEM AS DEFECTIVE

2. they are now arguing there is nothing wrong with it and are threatening to send the item BACK TO ME!!! I have never encountered such behaviour

3. not even sure the watch is Kosher

4. V bad service all round
Published 15 months ago by DAVID

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar Chronograph, 12 Feb 2013
I had been looking at this for a while and decided to take the plunge and buy it.Comparing the price in the High Street jewellers it was less then half the price!.Watch was supplied by Tough Watches and arrived promptly in less than a week.I am very pleased with the watch it is a nice size and weight and an added bonus for me was the strap required no links to be removed just a minor adjustment to the 4 position pin links on the main clasp.Another bonus is it is solar powered so it will not require a battery.The only thing i needed to do was leave it by a light source to get it started as when it arrived it was not operating.Upon initial charging the second hand operates at two second intervals to tell you it still requires charging and also the stopwatch is disabled until the watch is fully charged.Although supplied from Singapore,there was no duty to pay on the watch which came via Sweden.The enclosed warranty card is also fully stamped so any warranty issues should not be a problem.I would certainly use the supplier again.I am looking at the Seiko Flightmaster SNA413 now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional (except the metalic strap), 5 Feb 2013
Really an exceptional model from Seiko. Seiko is a known brand but this watch is really a must have because it does not look bulky on your wrist and at the same type has a really racy look.

Built quality is just perfect, plus the price is really interesting below 150GBP.

UPDATE after 3 months: the main link between the strap and the casing is an empty one. It slowly opens and get so sharp that it damages your shirt or pullovers. I changed it and got a shark mesh from ebay. The watch is now even better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern Yet Timeless, 25 July 2012
I've always liked Seiko watches.

Must be Roger Moore wearing them as Bond in the movies of my youth. But as much as I like and own "The Big Boys" in watches, I like a watch for what it is and not what it costs.

This is a classic looking Seiko chronograph diver, but with a few differences.

1. The blue face
2. The 200m water resistance (for a chrono)
3. The screw down pushers for the chrono
4. It's solar

This basically makes this a great classic looking, highly functional, tough analogue watch that never needs winding / batteries that can be worn with anything and look good.

Also, as it's a Seiko, it should be reliable as well as relatively keep it's value over the years. Old Seikos are collectible.

But there are some flaws.

I don't know if it's just my watch, but the rotating bezel is far too easy to rotate. Also, this uses a "Pin and collar" setup for strap adjustment. Even though this is supposed to be the most secure way to do strap links, if you lose a collar (and it's very fiddly to adjust) Seiko don't do replacements (I know this, because I lost one trying to adjust the strap myself) so if you get this watch, take it to a jewellers to adjust.

Otherwise, it's a great, heavy, striking watch that is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch!, 16 Feb 2013
Peter Hardy (Chester-Le-Street, County Durham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you're looking for a genuine top quality divers watch without the battery replacement hassles then this solar powered beauty is the watch for you! Be aware that this is a BIG watch but, in my opinion, an extremely classy, expensive looking watch. The bracelet is of generous size too and most people will need a link removed either side. Date window on the small side but acceptable. Keeps very good time. I looked at dozens of watches before deciding on this one. It was definitely the right choice! 100% recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for..., 14 Jan 2013
Paul Green (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch as a replacement for a very similar Seiko I had, the obvious benefit being solar power. Chunky watch that looks smart so can be worn for work or leisure.

5.0 out of 5 stars all I need, 28 April 2013
All i want of a watch is it to tell the time in any environment. at work at sea without ever having to replace or adjust simply buy put on wrist, it seems to be about as reliable as the sun and as accurate all I want and all I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money 5+, 8 Mar 2013
good watch, would be too heavy for me,but as a gift to my son, it's excellent. Scores 5 on looks, and 5+ on good value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM CLASS A WATCHES, 11 April 2013

3. not even sure the watch is Kosher

4. V bad service all round

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Watch, 16 Aug 2013
ive bought several watches to try and find the right one,this as to be the most perfect watch ive ever bought,iiit does everything i require annd never had any problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch, 24 July 2014
This is a very attractive watch, looks and feels great on the wrist. I have several Seiko's now and they have all been very functional and dependable watches, and this chronograph looks like it will follow the same trend. It has a nice weight to it giving it a real quality feel. Good bright lume when activated with a bright flash light, but it doesn't last as long as my other seiko monsters. But hey, it's solar powered so no battery replacement necessary. I had two links removed to fit my 8 inch wrist and I love it, stands out like a bright and colourful piece of jewellery. Quarts movement so very acurate. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›