5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling

3.0 out of 5 stars Groundhog Day
Published 1 month ago by Karl Wiggins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling, 10 Mar 2014
Your wife is giving you a hard time? Count yourself lucky. She's not lacing your drinks with a deadly cocktail of poisons, planning to butcher you with an axe or decapitate you. Or is she? The 30-odd tales of murder in this gripping book are a warning to anyone who finds themselves in a tempestuous relationship. John Marlowe tells each story in gruesome detail but with a cold, clinical style that makes them all the more chilling. A. Ali.

3.0 out of 5 stars Groundhog Day, 7 Nov 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
I got through 41% of `Evil Women,' and whilst it's not really fair to offer a review without reading the full book, I was getting a little bored. These are interesting stories but all so depressingly similar that I'd just had enough. One tale seemed to float into another, and that one into the next, that whenever I put the book down I was unsure where exactly I was when picking it up again.

There are, for instance, a plethora of women who married into wealth and despite now having shed loads of money wanted their husband's dead in order to own it all. Poison, shotguns, hired assassins, you name it, although it has to be said that the assassins hardly possessed Antonio Montana's professionalism in Scarface. More bombed out of their heads on hard liquor and cocaine. Or - as the book concerns women who kill - on more than one occasion lesbian lovers.

Surprisingly there are a number of middle class, church going killers. The spur of the moment killer who finally flips after suffering years in an abusive relationship is perhaps understandable, but the calculated and pre-meditated murder by a lover of the Lord is kind of strange, and of course makes more interesting reading.

I may return to this book one day because the subject does hold a certain fascination, and a three Star rating seems a little unfair because it is compelling reading, but I honestly don't feel I can offer this a four Star.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 13 July 2014
Kaylie (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, I would have given it 5* if there were less grammatical errors. However, it was brilliant to hear about killers from other countries, most books tend to just use American killers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this book down it was awesome to read. I would recommend this book to anyone. Just don't read it in front of us other half hehe

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bad girls..., 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
Loved the concept of the short stories, made a change from long true crime stories, the plus point is i'll now purchase the full size kindle books based on the little tasters od the evil women. Some i've already got, but some i want, great read for true crime addicted fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling but interesting read, 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
Tracie Andrews face on the cover is really scarey, she gives you the creeps. Some evil women in this book ,some I'd heard of, others I'd never heard of. I wouldn't read it on your own when it's dark nights and the winds howling outside. Chilling!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
A very good book looking for more like this

5.0 out of 5 stars This is quite riveting gosh!!, it beggars ..., 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
This is quite riveting gosh!!, it beggars belief I did not realize how many women could be so wicked they are not worth anything I think they should be in prison until they die.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... there would be more detail per case so was disappointed with the book, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
Thought there would be more detail per case so was disappointed with the book. Maybe if there had been fewer it would have been better. Ann Rule/Kathryn Casey it ain't.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed with this book, 13 Dec 2014
This review is from: Evil Women: Deadlier than the Male (Kindle Edition)
I was disappointed with this book, I would have liked more insight into the police investigations into the murders? So it only get’s a 3/10

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›