5.0 out of 5 stars Great value bundle, fantastic console, 17 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PS Vita 3G Console with Sports & Racing Mega Pack on 16GB Memory Card (PlayStation Vita) (Accessory)
Now I will say firstly that the games that come with the bundle are a bit strange. Some are older PSP games (Wipeout and Gran Turismo) which is not too much of a problem. However, there's a Vita version of Wipeout which you can buy for about £6 and it's full HD, etc. However, there are also a couple of games which require AR cards - like the cards you get with the 3DS, and you use the camera with them, stands for "altered reality" I think. My system didn't come with those cards, so that's at least two of the games that come with this system are useless.

However - I didn't really have a problem with this. Even if it's just the Vita with a 16gb memory card, that's a good value package and I don't really feel ripped off. Had I known more about the games I was getting, I might have just got the Tearaway / Little Big Planet pack, but it's down to personal taste.

The Vita itself is a wonderful piece of kit. I was astounded at how beautifully clear the screen is. It's quite a heavy handheld, but to me it's a nice weight, it feels solid. The buttons and sticks feel nice and responsive. I'm still not 100% sure about it being touchscreen (it gets finger marks on it so easily) but I'm sure it'll be second nature soon. Even less sure about the back touchscreen, but it's not really important!

If you like watching Youtube videos on your phone or tablet, you might want to consider watching them on the Vita. It has a bespoke Youtube application that plays videos in HD wherever possible, and loads them surprisingly quickly. For me this is a huge part of how I use the Vita (because I watch a lot of Two Best Friends Play) and I didn't expect it to be such a good feature, a massive bonus for me.

The one flaw that I would like to point out is the battery life. I read on Wikipedia that it's around 4-5 hours, obviously it can be less if you have a bright screen or the wireless on, and sadly the battery is not replaceable or removable in any way. For me it's not too much of a bother as it's not a handheld I would want to take out with me very often.

There are tons of amazing games on it (off the top of my head - Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway, Spelunky, Lumines, Soul Sacrifice), there are even more cheap games on the Playstation Store.

Better yet, if you join the Playstation Plus service (kinda like Xbox Live Gold), you get to download some games for free. I'd definitely recommend doing this because it's pretty inexpensive (I bought 3 months for £11.99). At the moment you can get Uncharted and Blazblue for free until you quit the subscription, and they also have Soul Sacrifice up for this month. They refer to it as an "extended trial" service because you can play the full game for the full month, and if you like it, you just buy it and it will keep all of your saves and trophies for you. I'm still new to this but I think this is a brilliant value service. It's even better if you have a PS3 and PS4 apparently, because you get games for them, too. And, obviously, it allows you to play online in competitive games.

Overall, this is one of the best snap decisions I ever made! I never thought I'd take the plunge and buy one, but I'm so happy I did. If you're considering the Vita for any of the above games, etc - don't hesitate.

Oh yeah - and buy Divekick. Support The Baz. Nuff said!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two very happy boys!, 17 Jan 2014
Does what it says on the tin! Was a gift times 2 for Xmas , now considering getting one for myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 17 Jan 2014
This was brought as a christmas present for my ten year old son, it was so pleased with it, great package.

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, no tears, 14 Jan 2014
Easy to set up and kind of addictive...games included were average but I wasn't expecting much from them and the overall cost was still great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all ages, 14 Jan 2014
Much better gaming experience over iPad or iPhone , fantastic selection of games for all ages, very happy with purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars good entertainment., 13 Jan 2014
my son enjoys it so much that I can't get him away from it.Unfortunately he is becoming an addict.So if I recommend this to my friends I will recommend a limit on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merry Christmas, 12 Jan 2014
Santa Klaus brought that to a young teen and it absolutely meets his expectations.
It arrived on time, the screen is very comfortable and very reactive, games that came with it are fine, new ones to be purchased online are kind of cheap enough...
Anyhow, kids know best when it comes to that kind or items.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Jan 2014
I bought this for my son and he thinks it is brilliant.
The hastle of having to sign up to the playstation network in order to get the games
that came with it is a bit of a drag tho.
Why couldn't they just have put them on the card to begin with?

5.0 out of 5 stars PS Vita, 27 Dec 2013
We'll delighted with this! It was from Santa for my grandson and he was over the moon and loves playing with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays against his brother (also using a Vita 3G) over wifi and they have hours of fun - especially on holidays, 28 Oct 2014
Son loves this. Plays against his brother (also using a Vita 3G) over wifi and they have hours of fun - especially on holidays.