Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 14 December 2013
A seemingly never-ending farewell tour, the crappy rip-off known as "Comeblack" and now an MTV Unplugged? Admittedly, I was worried that my favourite band would stain a brilliant 40-year career by not knowing when to stop. But boy, was I wrong. This CD shows them at the top of their game. It may be acoustic, but it's certainly rock 'n' roll.

There are several reasons why every fan should get this album. First of all, they included 4 songs from the Roth era (albums which I like the most). Then there are some brand new songs, and no fillers at that. "Delicate Dance" provides a somewhat atypical instrumental, but very melodic. "Follow Your Heart" and "Dancing With the Moonlight" have those catchy choruses that I love these guys for. Then if anyone forgot that this is a German band, here's Rudolf's "Love Is The Answer". But what he lacks in pronunciation, he makes up in emotion and sincerity. And "Rock 'N' Roll Band"? I get goosebumps when Klaus roars that line: "You wanna know who I am? I'm in a rock 'n' roll band!"

The arrangements are simply brilliant, so that even familiar tunes like "Passion Rules The Game" and "No One Like You" shine in a whole new way. These two even top the original versions. Funnily, the weak spot of the Scorps' live albums are usually the biggest classics, because we've heard them so many times that they got boring. However, here they managed to render "Still Loving You" and "Wind Of Change" in a slightly different way (ie. they have a reason to be on a CD for the nth time). I think Morten Harket fitted in quite nicely.

All in all, quite a feat for a couple of grampas. So should they ride off into the sunset as winners? Only after I've seen them live with this set. Or never.
on 16 January 2014
It's nice to see a band as talented as Scorpions announce retirement and then don't stick to the promise. A band full of such fantastic talent should not pack it in whilst they have a great album like this left in them.

Here we have 24 fantastic acoustic covers ranging from throughout their entire back catalogue. There is something for everyone on this cd.

The band sound as tight and professional as they always are. The guest appearances are quite nice and some of the arrangements(new songs)are a very cool surprise.

I would highly recommend it to anyone with the slightest interest in either the bands heavy metal or pop side.

Hopefully they will keep on rockin', whether it's acoustic, electric or in a retirement home!

on 8 December 2013
I received my copy through the post yesterday and its excellent. The Scorpions have always been a band who know how to rock but have recorded some of the best power ballads ever written. This acoustic set shows these ballads at their best and also brings a new perspective to the hard rocking songs which have been scaled done on this double CD to perfection. I just hope this great band come to the UK sometime in 2114 and give us some glory nights.
44 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2013
I loved Unplugged albums in the 80s that MTV produced for heavy metal bands. That was riffs and solos all played on the acoustic guitars note by note. This is different. Most songs are differently rearranged to sound as new ones. Transformed and recorded live in Athens. I enjoyed. If you liked This Left Feels Right by Bon Jovi, you know what I mean. Having Scorpions dose this week. Feels good. Rock 'N' Roll \,,/,
on 8 March 2014
Well ths was filmed over three nights in Athens Greece. I was there for night #1 and #3. I went twice because I thought maybe during night #3 they would play some electric stuff as well (since they announced that for night #3 there would be no chairs but a standing crowd instead). Unfortunately both nights I watched had the same setlist. Night #3 did not have the special guests. On night #2 the played the same stuff plus holiday at the end. It is really a negative surprise not finding holiday in the bluray version. I mean not even as a bonus track! I am a huge Scorpions fan but to be honest I did not 100% enjoy this live show. It had of course some brilliant moments but an unplugged concert can never have the energy of a full electric Scorpions assault. Some excellent variations of the songs, epsecially rock you like a hurricane and blackout. Some songs that were never played live before. I went away feeling happy from what I saw but also a little sad knowing that I may never see them live again.

On the good side, the bluray was amazing. Even better than the real thing. And the "making of" was superb as well. The whole thing could be even better though. Minus 1 star for the overall laid back unplugged vibe and for not including "Holiday" at least as a bonus track. Still a good addition to any Scorpions collection. I hope I willl have the opportunity to see them live again in an electric format this time. This is the band that in a way put me into rock'n'heavy about 30 years ago (along with Bon Jovi and Europe). So thanks for all the good memories guys!
a real surprise package,this one,have to be honest i didnt initially think they could pull this off,2 discs of acoustic versions from a band whose forte has always been polished heavy rock,what do i know,this is an excellent vindication of the bands prowess and quality.

C'mon 'Speedy's Coming acoustic !! yet it works alongside an eclectic selection,stuff from the 70's 'Born to touch your Feelings',just beautiful right up to the title track of their last studio disc 'Sting in the Tail'.

For me,a totally unexpected success story.
on 4 December 2013
It doesn't seem to matter what direction the Scorps take they seem to make it quality. As the name suggest "unplugged" is not going to be one of their real heavy affairs but brilliant all the same. I've never had it off my MP3 player. The band are always great live and this is no exception, I love all the songs apart from Wind of Change, I've never liked it, maybe because I don't feel rock should be commercial, but that's just an opinion.
Just a word of advice to all fans, buy it!
on 14 April 2015
Always knew the Scorps could do great unplugged sets after the release of Acoustica but this was a very welcome surprise.
with the addition of further musos (both vocally, instrumentally, on guitar and other instruments like violins, piano and mandolins). Great songs are given a different interpretation but these recordings make you realise how good the Scorps' songwriting was. Highlight songs for me are Pictured Life, Born To Touch Your Feelings, Send Me An Angel and When The Smoke Is Going Down. However, the real highlight is Klaus Meine's vocal performance. Never realised how great his voice was until this CD and I've been listening to him for over 30 years.
on 2 January 2014
fantastic, also bought the DVD next best thing as they have no tour dates for the UK. App included free to be able to play on ipad.
on 7 April 2014
This is a really good album , it encaptures everything good about this band , amazing tallent , nice as part of my collection .