4.0 out of 5 stars A great keyboard for the money
I was sent this by Anker as a sample for review purposes.

Published 10 months ago by Mike

2.0 out of 5 stars Unstable connections
A good solid cover that feels well made and has a reasonably strong magnet to hold it on to the iPad. The pop-up support when the iPad is placed into the slot makes the screen feel quite solid when touching it and there is almost no movement which is far better than other keyboards I have used.

The downsides are however why it only gets 2 stars.
1. It...
Published 8 days ago by Steve S

4.0 out of 5 stars A great keyboard for the money, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Anker® Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard Cover for iPad Air 2 / Air with 6-Month Battery Life Between Charges and Comfortable Low-Profile Keys TC930 (Personal Computers)
I was sent this by Anker as a sample for review purposes.

The keyboard comes well packed, as always, and includes a charging cable which is USB to mini USB (pity it's not the new lightning connector but that's maybe expecting a little too much at this price). I've been using it for most of the week and haven't yet had to charge it so it looks like it'll go a long time between charges.

The face of the keyboard is finished in a glossy black plastic which perfectly matches the surround on the iPad. The rear is a matt silver finish plastic but despite this all-plastic construction it feels solid and well made. There is a magnetic strip/hinge, just like the one on the Apple covers, which is strong enough to stay attached to the iPad but still easy enough to pull apart - which you need to do so that you can place the iPad in the groove that runs across the keyboard just above the number/function keys. This groove holds the iPad at just the right angle in both portrait and landscape modes and has a magnetic strip along it's length which is just strong enough to ensure the iPad remains securely in place. The slot is set far enough forward that there's no risk of the whole thing tipping back under the weight of the iPad but means it can feel slightly too close to the keyboard, however I quickly got used to this. When not typing the whole assembly can be closed but there is nothing to keep it securely shut. Be warned - I think this will only fit the iPad Air, the width of the groove won't support a thicker tablet

Connecting this to the iPad was really easy - switch it on and press the 'connect' button, then turn on the bluetooth radio on the iPad. Within a couple of seconds you will see a message on the iPad instructing you to type in a 4-digit code on the keyboard. It connects immediately, and will subsequently reconnect within a couple of seconds every time thereafter, without the need to type in any more security codes. Being Bluetooth it can also be used with other tablets, smart TVs, smartphones etc. if you don't need the support groove.

Once connected it becomes apparent that the keys are actually a decent size for such a compact layout. The keys have a very pleasant 'springy' feel which make it very easy to type quickly with few errors - I can type on this as fast as I can on a full-size keyboard. There is a full selection of function keys which include adjustments like screen brightness, volume, copy & paste etc. which are very useful.

Overall, if you mostly use your iPad in one location, it's a good keyboard at a reasonable price. If you take your iPad everywhere you will either want something like a sleeve to keep it closed and protected or an alternative that offers a better level of protection in one product.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely wonderful and good price, 5 Jan 2014
V. S. Vasa "vijayvasa" (norwich , UK) - See all my reviews
This keyboard is like logitech ultrathin and is almost half the price of logitech or 65 pounds cheaper than belkin qode. Most important thing for me on this keyboard is to have command button on both sides and am very happy with it. Not sure why belkin qode and logitech ultrathin have removed this option. And also ipad air attaches to the keyboard like a cover which is a good thing.

Magnetic strength on the end is very strong , but grove magnet power is OK for it to sit, but dont try to lift the Ipad air with it in the groove. One more positive is that the weight of the keyboard is only 330 grams which is quite good. In orde to enjoy this keyboard you should use Perfect Browser which support the bluetooth scrolling and is really very useful. For 34 pounds this is really good accessory to use the Ipad air when a keybooard is needed. Hope this help others. Try it you wont be disappointed.

I wish the mangnetic groove on the centre was a bit strong. I know am expecting a lot for this price, but its OK. Overall , very good product and keyboard from Anker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes your iPad Air look like a fantastic Ultrabook! - ((( Also, where to find the £ sign ))), 27 Feb 2014
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I resisted buying an iPad until the Air was released late last year and I bought the smart cover at the same time (what a waste of money the cover was). I now rarely use my laptop except to manage iTunes and copy movies across to the iPad. But, as with the iPhone, I hate the on-screen keyboard.

My brother in law has an older iPad and I always admired the amazing keyboard he had with it - the Logitech Ultrathin, so I've been monitoring the price of the Air version but it remained stubbornly expensive. I only recently noticed the Anker Ultra-Thin and at £24 I thought it would be rude not to try it.

First impressions on un-boxing - it's glossy, tiny, expensive looking, and a 'real' keyboard.

The outside shell is a classy aluminium, the keyboard side a shiny black and the keys have clear white letters on them. I have the space grey iPad so the aluminium doesn't match it, but if you have the silver iPad then bingo! That said, the different shade is not an issue as you can only see one side at any one time and the aluminium is not visible when the keyboard is in use.

The iPad magnetically connects faultlessly and closes to form a solid unit that can be held without fear of damaging my precious screen. The keyboard has a raised rubber buffer in each of the four corners and this protects the screen from contact with the keys whilst allowing the auto screen off to kick in.

The only disappointment for me is that whilst securely held by the 'hinge' magnets, there is nothing to secure the 'open' ends together, so I'm looking for a suitable cushioned slip-case that will keep it all together when travelling (although as an emergency - see the Top Tip below).

Whilst using the keyboard on a recent flight to Ireland I left the iPad connected by the magnet and laid both units flat on my legs - allowing me to use the keyboard and not worry about dropping my iPad.

However, it's designed primarily to be detached and inserted into the horizontal slot and this gives you what looks like a fantastic Ultrabook! The keyboard looks like an absolute premium product and this alone makes it worth the paltry price Anker ask of you.

As other reviewers have said, the bluetooth connection is easy. The battery lasts for months so I don't bother even to turn it off. If it's not been used for some time, the bluetooth needs a key press to spring to life and at that point the fiendish on-screen keyboard disappears and then your characters miraculously start to appear on the screen. Unlike my disappointing Sony Vaio keyboard, every character I press on the Anker appears on my screen. Needless to say, I'm typing this review on the keyboard.

TOP TIPS:

- £ SIGN - I only just found the £ sign today - on a review for a different Anker keyboard - press Shift & 3 - interestingly however, I don't know where the hash sign is now...

- An emergency case can be purchased from Poundland! They have an iPad 2 case, for £1, that both the iPad and the keyboard will slide into - this keeps you unit together and cushioned when travelling

In conclusion, I am so pleased I waited and bought this unit. It's a gift at this price and has given me a complete laptop substitute.

Absolutely recommended!

Edit June 2014
In the meantime I've also bought a "Super Legend Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air" and would recommend you consider it as it's a serious contender to the Anker as well as being somewhat cheaper...

2.0 out of 5 stars Unstable connections, 20 Nov 2014
Steve S (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews

The downsides are however why it only gets 2 stars.
1. It regularly losses the Bluetooth connection with the iPad, even in the middle of typing, and there is then a pause whilst it reconnects. Sometimes though it won't and you have to go into settings to try and force the two to connect. Very occasionally when the Bluetooth has been lost the on-screen keyboard appears, but for some reason can't be removed until the keyboard connects again which makes it very awkward to see what is going on when you only have half a screen. This has never happened when I have used the iPad away from the keyboard and so must deduce that it is the keyboard doing this.
2. The keys feel reasonably OK to type with, but some of them produce double letters (particularly the Y unless very careful) which is annoying.
3. There is no magnetic strip in the slot, so if moving the combination be very careful how you pick it up as it is likely to come apart. A magnetic strip in the slot would have prevented this and given more confidence when moving around.
4. The keyboard does not always put the iPad to sleep when you close it. I have to use the top switch on the iPad every time I close it up as I have found it on after a few hours and the battery nearly depleted. Somehow the keyboard stopped the iPad turning itself off after the usual 5 minutes inactivity.

So overall a decent looking device at a decent price, but one I would hesitate in recommending as it is not stable enough. In fact I'm already looking for a replacement.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Spell check with TC930 on iPad Air, 13 Nov 2014
Received a TC930 direct via Amazon and was
>>very pleased with the following exceptions: -
>>Spell/auto spell function lost compared with on screen keyboard.
>>Disabling Bluetooth left one in limbo.
>>Had to purchase spell check app at £6. 99.(Spell Better v.Good)
>>Access to top multifunction keys not specified in handout and
Product Overview notes difficult to read even when copied and magnified
>>Magnetic cover clip not immediately obvious and not
>>described in handout.
>>Handbook extremely disappointing in explaining functions.
Keyboard not IOS hence no spellcheck.
Given £3 following complaint to company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, but sturdy and reliable., 27 Mar 2014
Zlatko Pavic "almighty nerd" (Nova Gradiska, Croatia) - See all my reviews
Got this for just a fraction of the price of similar Logitech products but it never feels cheap. The device is reasonably sturdy, bluetooth pairs to the iPad Air without issues, typing is comfortable, etc. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Altogether Good, 26 Oct 2014
Very good, have used it for hours and the lights are telling me that the battery is still well charged. Typing out the box felt very natural and doesn't make you feel too squeezed together when typing like I imagined it would. It is very easy to put the iPad in place and begin typing. The whole product attaches to the iPad easily and stays on.

I have have noticed a few minor problems which I've found to be a bit of an inconvenience. The first is that the device has randomly unpaired itself from my iPad on a couple occasions and I have had to restart the iPad to get it to work again. The other issue is the adhesive rubber feet provided, on first using the product it would slide around a bit and so I put on the feet which stopped it. The problem I'm having now is that as the feet are just stuck on to the flat surface of the product, they have all now either come off completely or have moved from where they were originally placed. In the original position there is now some blots of adhesive that I need to wipe off. This is probably from carrying it in my laptop bag, but I imagine it wouldn't happen if the product had feet built in or even indents where the feet could be placed and held.

With the minor problems aside, this is a very good product which makes working on my iPad very easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good keyboard, but not exactly a case., 7 Sep 2014
This was not quite what I was expecting. From the blurb, I was expecting something that also covered the back of the iPad. The keyboard attached to the iPad magnetically and when closed, the keyboard covers the screen but nothing covers the back of the iPad. When it said "case", I expected the back to be protected too.
Moving on.
Firstly, the battery in the keyboard needs charging and this takes about an hour.
Next: read the instructions and the information about the layout of the keyboard. There is an on/off switch, which I overlooked. Once I had turned this on the pairing procedure began to work.
In use.
This is not a full-size keyboard, it has the same footprint as the iPad. That said, the keys have a good feel to them and reasonable typing speeds are possible. Great for typing longer documents than one would normally attempt with the on-screen keyboard, but not for extended periods of serious typing.
Result.
Good value for its money. I felt a bit let down that the "case" didn't cover the back of the iPad, but it works well so I shall keep the iPad in its leather case and bring out the keyboard when I plan some longer typing sessions.
Now, all I need is a leather case for the keyboard!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy, 14 Oct 2014
Great product. looks beautiful, works well, and was unbelievably simple to set up even for aa novice like me. All my family are greatly impressed with it. thank you Anker. I have to say hat the first keyboard turned out to be faulty, but when helpful advice didn't work, I was immediately offered replacement or refund. Having seen the product and realising how simple the set-up ought to be, it was an easy decision. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 April 2014
The keyboard is great,nice and handy! I will strongly recommend people buy it from Anker, definitely worth the money. Great