5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely wonderful and good price
Published 8 months ago by V. S. Vasa

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap.
Don't bother. The key fell off within days of being used. It doesn't even fit perfectly. Better to go with Logitech.
Published 5 months ago by William

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely wonderful and good price, 5 Jan 2014
V. S. Vasa "vijayvasa" (norwich , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® TC930 Ultra-Thin Keyboard Case / Cover for iPad Air - Smart Cover and Built-in 800mAh Lithium Battery (Personal Computers)
This keyboard is like logitech ultrathin and is almost half the price of logitech or 65 pounds cheaper than belkin qode. Most important thing for me on this keyboard is to have command button on both sides and am very happy with it. Not sure why belkin qode and logitech ultrathin have removed this option. And also ipad air attaches to the keyboard like a cover which is a good thing.

Magnetic strength on the end is very strong , but grove magnet power is OK for it to sit, but dont try to lift the Ipad air with it in the groove. One more positive is that the weight of the keyboard is only 330 grams which is quite good. In orde to enjoy this keyboard you should use Perfect Browser which support the bluetooth scrolling and is really very useful. For 34 pounds this is really good accessory to use the Ipad air when a keybooard is needed. Hope this help others. Try it you wont be disappointed.

I wish the mangnetic groove on the centre was a bit strong. I know am expecting a lot for this price, but its OK. Overall , very good product and keyboard from Anker.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great keyboard for the money, 18 Jan 2014
I was sent this by Anker as a sample for review purposes.

The keyboard comes well packed, as always, and includes a charging cable which is USB to mini USB (pity it's not the new lightning connector but that's maybe expecting a little too much at this price). I've been using it for most of the week and haven't yet had to charge it so it looks like it'll go a long time between charges.

The face of the keyboard is finished in a glossy black plastic which perfectly matches the surround on the iPad. The rear is a matt silver finish plastic but despite this all-plastic construction it feels solid and well made. There is a magnetic strip/hinge, just like the one on the Apple covers, which is strong enough to stay attached to the iPad but still easy enough to pull apart - which you need to do so that you can place the iPad in the groove that runs across the keyboard just above the number/function keys. This groove holds the iPad at just the right angle in both portrait and landscape modes and has a magnetic strip along it's length which is just strong enough to ensure the iPad remains securely in place. The slot is set far enough forward that there's no risk of the whole thing tipping back under the weight of the iPad but means it can feel slightly too close to the keyboard, however I quickly got used to this. When not typing the whole assembly can be closed but there is nothing to keep it securely shut. Be warned - I think this will only fit the iPad Air, the width of the groove won't support a thicker tablet

Connecting this to the iPad was really easy - switch it on and press the 'connect' button, then turn on the bluetooth radio on the iPad. Within a couple of seconds you will see a message on the iPad instructing you to type in a 4-digit code on the keyboard. It connects immediately, and will subsequently reconnect within a couple of seconds every time thereafter, without the need to type in any more security codes. Being Bluetooth it can also be used with other tablets, smart TVs, smartphones etc. if you don't need the support groove.

Once connected it becomes apparent that the keys are actually a decent size for such a compact layout. The keys have a very pleasant 'springy' feel which make it very easy to type quickly with few errors - I can type on this as fast as I can on a full-size keyboard. There is a full selection of function keys which include adjustments like screen brightness, volume, copy & paste etc. which are very useful.

Overall, if you mostly use your iPad in one location, it's a good keyboard at a reasonable price. If you take your iPad everywhere you will either want something like a sleeve to keep it closed and protected or an alternative that offers a better level of protection in one product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes your iPad Air look like a fantastic Ultrabook! - ((( Also, where to find the £ sign ))), 27 Feb 2014
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I resisted buying an iPad until the Air was released late last year and I bought the smart cover at the same time (what a waste of money the cover was). I now rarely use my laptop except to manage iTunes and copy movies across to the iPad. But, as with the iPhone, I hate the on-screen keyboard.

My brother in law has an older iPad and I always admired the amazing keyboard he had with it - the Logitech Ultrathin, so I've been monitoring the price of the Air version but it remained stubbornly expensive. I only recently noticed the Anker Ultra-Thin and at £24 I thought it would be rude not to try it.

First impressions on un-boxing - it's glossy, tiny, expensive looking, and a 'real' keyboard.

The outside shell is a classy aluminium, the keyboard side a shiny black and the keys have clear white letters on them. I have the space grey iPad so the aluminium doesn't match it, but if you have the silver iPad then bingo! That said, the different shade is not an issue as you can only see one side at any one time and the aluminium is not visible when the keyboard is in use.

The iPad magnetically connects faultlessly and closes to form a solid unit that can be held without fear of damaging my precious screen. The keyboard has a raised rubber buffer in each of the four corners and this protects the screen from contact with the keys whilst allowing the auto screen off to kick in.

The only disappointment for me is that whilst securely held by the 'hinge' magnets, there is nothing to secure the 'open' ends together, so I'm looking for a suitable cushioned slip-case that will keep it all together when travelling (although as an emergency - see the Top Tip below).

Whilst using the keyboard on a recent flight to Ireland I left the iPad connected by the magnet and laid both units flat on my legs - allowing me to use the keyboard and not worry about dropping my iPad.

However, it's designed primarily to be detached and inserted into the horizontal slot and this gives you what looks like a fantastic Ultrabook! The keyboard looks like an absolute premium product and this alone makes it worth the paltry price Anker ask of you.

As other reviewers have said, the bluetooth connection is easy. The battery lasts for months so I don't bother even to turn it off. If it's not been used for some time, the bluetooth needs a key press to spring to life and at that point the fiendish on-screen keyboard disappears and then your characters miraculously start to appear on the screen. Unlike my disappointing Sony Vaio keyboard, every character I press on the Anker appears on my screen. Needless to say, I'm typing this review on the keyboard.

TOP TIPS:

- £ SIGN - I only just found the £ sign today - on a review for a different Anker keyboard - press Shift & 3 - interestingly however, I don't know where the hash sign is now...

- An emergency case can be purchased from Poundland! They have an iPad 2 case, for £1, that both the iPad and the keyboard will slide into - this keeps you unit together and cushioned when travelling

In conclusion, I am so pleased I waited and bought this unit. It's a gift at this price and has given me a complete laptop substitute.

Absolutely recommended!

Edit June 2014
In the meantime I've also bought a "Super Legend Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air" and would recommend you consider it as it's a serious contender to the Anker as well as being somewhat cheaper...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPad Air keyboard case, 26 May 2014
Considering that this keyboard costs less than £30 - well below the big brand competition - it is simply superb. It has exceeded my expectations and is a pleasure to use. Unlike stated in other reviews, it does have a delete and British £ keys. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, but sturdy and reliable., 27 Mar 2014
Zlatko Pavic "almighty nerd" (Nova Gradiska, Croatia) - See all my reviews
Got this for just a fraction of the price of similar Logitech products but it never feels cheap. The device is reasonably sturdy, bluetooth pairs to the iPad Air without issues, typing is comfortable, etc. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good keyboard, but not exactly a case., 7 Sep 2014
This was not quite what I was expecting. From the blurb, I was expecting something that also covered the back of the iPad. The keyboard attached to the iPad magnetically and when closed, the keyboard covers the screen but nothing covers the back of the iPad. When it said "case", I expected the back to be protected too.
Moving on.
Firstly, the battery in the keyboard needs charging and this takes about an hour.
Next: read the instructions and the information about the layout of the keyboard. There is an on/off switch, which I overlooked. Once I had turned this on the pairing procedure began to work.
In use.
This is not a full-size keyboard, it has the same footprint as the iPad. That said, the keys have a good feel to them and reasonable typing speeds are possible. Great for typing longer documents than one would normally attempt with the on-screen keyboard, but not for extended periods of serious typing.
Result.
Good value for its money. I felt a bit let down that the "case" didn't cover the back of the iPad, but it works well so I shall keep the iPad in its leather case and bring out the keyboard when I plan some longer typing sessions.
Now, all I need is a leather case for the keyboard!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good keyboard case and easy to use but the magnet that attaches to the Ipad could be stronger, 21 Jan 2014
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This case was provided to me by the manufacturer for review and is (as far as I am aware) identical to the retail version.

In the packaging is the keyboard case, 4 rubber feet (although 8 were supplied ) that you can stick to the base of the keyboard to stop it sliding around, and a USB to micro-USB charge cable. The keyboard case looks very nice with a gloss finish on the top and a silver finish on the reverse and is very easy to connect to your iPad air. Just switch it on, press connect, and it should appear on the list of Bluetooth on your iPad air, then just type in the code that appears on screen and you're connected. The keyboard case has a magnetic strip at the top of the clips on to your iPad air keeps it in place (much like the Apple Smart Cover), although I think the magnet could be a lot stronger. I'm very pleased that there are two rubber strips on the front of the keyboard to protect the screen when closed as this is missing on other keyboard cases. There is a long groove just above the top of the keys where your iPad air can sit horizontally or vertically to make it easier to view the screen when typing.

The keyboard itself has a compact but comfortable layout with Ipad functions being enabled by using the FN key and the corresponding ipad function (like brightness, volume and media controls) although personally I prefer dedicated keys. All in all a good addition to the Anker Keyboard case family. Please do note though that the case is specifically for the Ipad Air and is therefore too small to fit previous versions of IPads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 April 2014
The keyboard is great,nice and handy! I will strongly recommend people buy it from Anker, definitely worth the money. Great

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent product that turns my ipad into a laptop, 3 July 2014
This is an excellent product that turns my ipad into a laptop. It allows more screen space and makes typing pain free. Fits snug together and the stand is great.
Can't find the@ button.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good choice, 12 Feb 2014
I bought this cover/keyboard after seeing a coleague using the Logitech version, and saw it as an answer to the wrist pans I was experiencing from over-use of the smaller screen keyboard. I then went on to find reviews of the two products. I chose the Anker keyboard screen for two reasons, the excellent price and the ultra light weight, it is both thinner and lighter than the Logitech. I am deligted with it. Aesthetically it looks and feels elegant, in perrfect keeping with the design of the iPad Air. It also feels tough and protective despite its thinness and lightness. Functionally, it paired quickly and easily first time and ever since. I love the way that I can move between using the keyboard and using the touch screen (it is possible to use both rather than a choice of either/or). I hadn't realised how important this would be until I discovered how familiar moving around a document is on the touch screen and how rusty I have become on a keyboard! The magnetic connection is robust when being used as a cover, and the move from cover to keyboard is easy (incidently the iPad can be used in any of its four orientations. Delivery was also impressive. I opted for free delivery whic can take a week, I ordered it on a Friday and it arrived on the following Monday, and AnkerDirect kept me fully informed by email. I obviously can't say how functionality compares with the more pricey Logitech, but for my purposes, this was an excellent choice.